Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #361
Vensy
Prop Designer

I'm working my abs and legs for Black Gold Saw~ I do work outs every night before bed, which works wonders for me because not only does it help me stay fit, but it also tires me out - which in turn helps me sleep a lot easier. X"D

Unread 04-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #362
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyoshi_shiro View Post
I'm trying to lose weight/get more toned to cosplay fire nation Katara rather accurately.

Eeee, midriff! >o< I've always been self-conscious of showing my tummy, but, I'm working hard on abs specifically. As well as arms.

So far I've been able to cut down on soda a lot, and if I drink soda, to only drink Sprite or light soda drinks with real sugar (I used to always drink dark soda drinks as well as diet drinks, which are worse for you ._.). Even then, I need to cut back more on those.

I've also been trying to eat more throughout the day, but in small portioned amounts, as well as making myself eat breakfast in the morning of some sort and drink at least two thermos' full of water a day. I tend to work out two-three times a week for about an hour and a half, focusing on cardio, abs and arms, and have a hip-hop dance class once a week that's another hour of working out. Over spring break I was able to work out an hour every day and definitely saw progress, however, it's hard with college to maintain that routine.

I need to get fit by June 10thish for Akon. I think I can do it! Any suggestions though??
My only suggestion is to make sure you do something that gets your heart rate up; running, swimming, cycling ect.. you don't want to just work out your abs. People are given the prenotion that buying all these tv ab machines or doing 100's of sit ups and cruncha will give you a tiny belly... you'll just build muscle under fat, which is still good, but if you want to lose it, you need to do something else. Also, during cruches/sit ups, it's important you breath OUT going up, you want to keep your muscle in not pushed out into a hernia.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #363
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

I'm trying to get my legs toned and get some abs at my tummy area for my Chrome Dokuro Cosplay. I've always felt self-conscious about my tummy area. Its when I sit down that it all pudges out =( When I stand up, there's a little puff, not much. So working hard to build some abs that don't exist atm. =.= midriff at the most inconvenient area. >.<

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #364
cooneyes

same thing with the abs here- and arms- my motivation is to do a better Grimmjow (body wise anyway)

Vincent Valentine- in progress
Gakupo (vocaloid) in progress
cooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #365
Eolverine
Unregistered Mutant

I'm being Wolverine from the movie franchise

I have been hitting the gym 3 times a week, working mostly on arms and chest. Free weights galore, and making sure to be drinking a LOT of water at all times. I have been eating lots of chicken and fish, and making sure not to skip a meal. Skipping a meal is way worse than you'd think it is. As many green vegetables as I can eat too. They are nothing but good for you, so when I get snackish I grab a salad rather than a burger. Keeps you full and fit
Eolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #366
ForeverrCaitlin

I am really being Miku but ya know, who doesn't wanna look like Blair? ;D hahaha. so yes, i am cosplaying as Blair from Soul Eater (next year, along with Black Rock Shooter)
blair.jpg
currently i am not in shape for it, but it can be reached if i work for it.
ive been trying to do some exersizes like crunches n weight lifting but its hard cause i dont want my family to know im trying to get skinnier.i also have folklorico (mexican dance) everyday at school, but lately we haven't been dancing much. i also try to go out on the weekends with my friends and run around or walk all over. (one day we walked all the way from my house all the way to beyond down town to a friend's house, and i live a good 20 minutes *by car* to downtown) haha so ya. i also try to eat healthy,stick to 2,000 cals or under. eat more fruits n veggies, more fiber, whole grains, wheat, greek yogurt, health drinks like odwalla, etc.. so ya anything that'll help me achieve Blair-ness is welcome ^w^
ForeverrCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #367
iisama

Kagamine Rin.
I'm not overweight, I'm just eating healthier to maybe help? Eating healthier helps.
I have a high matabalism..(spelling) and my diet consists of mainly Oreos and Totoro Cream Puffs. Bahah XD

Anyways yes. Kagamine Rin. YUP! !!

youtube.com/itachi1chan
iisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #368
Captain Planet
Registered Planet

I'm still wanting to get more muscle mass for Shen Woo... but I think it's gonna be a challenge to get enough for Marco Owen:

http://mjv-art.org/jvwall/view_post/98161?lang=jp
Captain Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #369
Stina006
Even in darkness...

trying to loose the bags under my eyes ^_^""
not to mention working on my thighs for my Rena costume...they show. alot.

i've started jogging 3 minutes a day, the walking 1 minute, then jogging again for 3 more minutes.
i'm planning on going to the 'conroe swimming area' and swim for 30 minutes an hour once every two or three days, because when you swim you work out your WHOLE body...and it's about 30 minutes away from my house, haha- my friend is helping me do it, he swims like an otter.
i want my legs to look like this: http://homemedia4u.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=6507
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon

Last edited by Stina006 : 04-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #370
Hagane No
Don't call me &quot;Robin&quot;

The one on the right.

Have to get a flat stomach for this one.

I have a month and 10 days left.
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #371
AnalexBeetleBum
Ghibli Girls' Kushana

Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat from Spiderman. That skintight black catsuit does not leave much to the imagination...

I'm also an admin over at Real Women of Gaming.
AnalexBeetleBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #372
Gummibar

Get some nice toned arms for Lightning. Swimming pool here I come.
Gummibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #373
BraveKnight

Just Toning up for Cloud FFVII:AC and liking the results so far! Thank God we've got a little over three months till Otakon... change doesn't happen overnight but I've started early enough that If I can keep up the pace things will go over nicely! =D
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #374
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras

Cloud Strife (Advent Children) or Zack Fair (Crisis Core)? Decisions...decisions.

Now that I have a nice pair of working headphones for my iPod, it shouldn't be a problem working out to the max.
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #375
HezaV
Tsuki ni Kawatte

I've been wanting to do this cosplay for a while and finally coming around to it.

I've been trying to get a hold of my health for myself, not just cosplay, and have been working really hard since last November to get it together! I cut out bread, sodas, and most sugars from my diet and lost 21 lb's in two months. I make sure that I get my 2 liters of water a day, and that was a struggle for me, but I got the hang of it now. I also make sure I work out at least four days a week. I go hiking every Tuesday with a couple friends and my boyfriend. I also have a 24 hour fitness membership for the other days of the week.

Love,

Heza
HezaV is offline   Reply With Quote