Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
SilentCAt
Twisted Hi-def Fly girl

Felicia Darkstalkers

----
Upcoming Con- TBA 2013

Last edited by SilentCAt : 09-23-2010 at 09:50 PM.
SilentCAt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #32
sociologies
masked avenger enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorAdapter View Post
S'okay, I'm in good company. Which character are you doing??
Not entirely sure yet. I haven't been able to find enough info on any of the girls in particular to see the character's personality that I am the most drawn to... based on sheer cosmetics, I guess I would do a Blondie (even though I'm not exactly a fan of her actress, but alas), because I look the closest to her, but I'm not sure how I feel about the character yet. Need to see more of the movie first and figure it out!
Costumes
New: Ms. Marvel (Warbird suit + Tron) | She-Hulk 2.0 | Echo | Semi-Secret Costume | STXI Uhura
Possible: Korra | Storm 2.0 (Alan Davis ref art)
Facebook
Join The Superhero Costuming Forum - for all manners of capes, cowls, and superpowers!
sociologies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #33
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by sociologies View Post
Not entirely sure yet. I haven't been able to find enough info on any of the girls in particular to see the character's personality that I am the most drawn to... based on sheer cosmetics, I guess I would do a Blondie (even though I'm not exactly a fan of her actress, but alas), because I look the closest to her, but I'm not sure how I feel about the character yet. Need to see more of the movie first and figure it out!
Might I suggest Harley Quinn?

I thinking of doing a gender switch cosplay of her!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #34
Zechra
Warning: Do not feed.

Aside from pulling off Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2 in her various dresspheres and Lightning from FFXIII better, these two are the ones I really want to get in shape for.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner from World of Warcraft and Squall 'Leon' Leonhart from Kingdom Hearts 2.

"Never steal a Square Enix boy's hair gel, people will get hurt!"
Zechra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #35
Rhazia

Lilith from Darkstalkers!

I'm not really doing anything different. I'm already an active person and I'm in good shape so it's mostly maintaining. I did up my cardio and switch my diet up a bit. I cut out most added sugars ( 'cept for my coffee. Dunno how people drink it without a bit of sugar. bleh), refined carbs, excess sodium and most processed foods in general. I also only drink water, milk, coffee and unsweetened tea. So far so good, and the con's 8 months away. haha. Not gonna take any chances. Lycra thong leotards are not very forgiving! D=
Rhazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #36
squ33k t0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by keinseele View Post
I wanna do Amy sorel http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/so...mySorelSC4.jpg

from Soul Calibur for halloween and novemeber convention so i have like 6 weeks to look good
i have been doing sit ups, weights, running and walking as much as i can, eating better
i have been trying to eat better but its hard! I just keep telling myself, HALLOWEEN!!! look better...hehe...
i need to start playing ddr...does it really help????
I used to play DDR ALL the time. My mom and my brother used to tell me that they noticed the difference when I played. I didn't notice a weight change (but, I also wasn't dieting at the time either), but they did notice a difference in my actual appearance. Which is what counts I guess, right? I mean, it's fun, and it's cardio. So it can't hurt. xD

As for me though, I'm cosplaying:

And still debating on cosplaying:

Both of which have a lot of leg. xD I've been slacking on the cardio as of late, which is what I think I need for those cosplays.

As far as diet, I kind of need to work on. I try to eat pretty well, but I lovelove pasta. And fries. And between work and school, there there isn't much time for a good home cooked meal. Thus it comes down to microwave food a lot of time. (Which is kinda how it's always been in my house.) I think I just need to figure out a way to MAKE time for home cooked stuff.

The benefit to working at a place like Panera is that if I ever think I'm not going to get decent food at home, I'll make sure to get something there and bring it home. Because I figure it's [generally] better for me.

But I'm trying to find some better dishes for me with pasta, maybe without a sauce loaded down with stuff I don't need. Or possibly healthier pasta itself. But fries. ...Sometimes I just have to have them, rofl. I just try to eat them less. xD

Cosplay/Art Tumblr
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #37
sociologies
masked avenger enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
Might I suggest Harley Quinn?

I thinking of doing a gender switch cosplay of her!
I've been considering doing a Harley Quinn, actually!

Haha, go for it. I know a few people who've done such a crossplay, and it actually came out really, really nicely, especially if there's a female Joker. Genderswitch fun!

Now, I'm working towards the physiques needed by all the cosplays I have in my signature. I think the Throg will be the thing that I need to work the most towards. I mean, look at the leg exposed!
Costumes
New: Ms. Marvel (Warbird suit + Tron) | She-Hulk 2.0 | Echo | Semi-Secret Costume | STXI Uhura
Possible: Korra | Storm 2.0 (Alan Davis ref art)
Facebook
Join The Superhero Costuming Forum - for all manners of capes, cowls, and superpowers!
sociologies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #38
Re-l Mayer

actually, I'l cosplay

on january. I really need to loose a lot of pounds, because of the lab coat, which really makes you look fat (even more than I really am u.u)

plus I want to cosplay, this one too
Re-l Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #39
BreakerDeeEss
Whataburger

Staying in shape/losing weight to be Allelujah Haptism from Gundam 00. I'm at 133lbs and NYAF is on October 8-11.

Last edited by BreakerDeeEss : 09-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.
BreakerDeeEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #40
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

well i seriously have my work cut out for me for both althought ive done chris i still want to have his body type or something close to it then move on to King lol this is gunna be tough lol well hopefully ill bulk up somehwat for next wondercon 2011 or fanime 2011 XD

Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars

Last edited by Kayobreaker : 09-25-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #41
BreakerDeeEss
Whataburger

^
You really chose some tough characters to get in shape for
BreakerDeeEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:53 AM   #42
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakerDeeEss View Post
^
You really chose some tough characters to get in shape for
haha yea curse my luck for liking them and wanting to cosplay them but as i already have a gym membership might as well try it ya know lol its gunna be tough -_-
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #43
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayobreaker View Post
haha yea curse my luck for liking them and wanting to cosplay them but as i already have a gym membership might as well try it ya know lol its gunna be tough -_-
the hardest part is forcing yourself to eat =P you'll have to be eating atleast 4,000-6,000 calories to start to bulk up that much =o
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #44
PolishPu

Chubby chubby

I'm aiming to do this but I do not have the body of a young girl, (just young woman). Since I'm a little on the thicker side, I still need to slim down for it, will do some binding of the chest as well. 5'4" 140lbs now, should get near-there (125 maybe?) by summer of next year for A-kon, that sounds reasonable, or false hope?

Currently I've been doing both running and weight lifting. Healthy eating is a must of course.
PolishPu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #45
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
the hardest part is forcing yourself to eat =P you'll have to be eating atleast 4,000-6,000 calories to start to bulk up that much =o
yea i can see myself eating that much but hopefully i dont get lazy and drift off and get fat -_- lol
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Mandolorian - Star Wars