Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #46
Kasinator
Not quite human

My new workout is up everyone who is looking for serious gains take a look!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #47
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

@Kayobreaker: I feel ya on trying to get in shape for Tekken cosplays. It's a challenge!

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #48
Amira_Noma

Libertina

lol, the satired "Libertina" - basically a female version of Altair.

Speaking of which, can anybody do Assassin's Creed cosplay costumes? I would pay for a commission. Both Altair and Ezio. Thanks
Amira_Noma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #49
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...-tatsumi3.html

Kanji, easy to pull off, and fits my style.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCQQ9QEwAw

Kamina, if I can successfully carb cycle for the next two months. I've got the body for it, need to shread.

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #50
sociologies
masked avenger enthusiast

After some consideration (okay, mostly impulse... but I've been wanting to do this character for a long time!), I've decided to add this to my roster:

I'm going to tone up towards the modern, lean rendition of She-Hulk, because the bulkier She-Hulk is just TOO. MUCH. for me, will look really odd with my body proportions (and my height - I'm like, 5'2''), and will disrupt my other planned cosplays. Am I trying to kill myself? Potentially, yes.

Also, these chicas:

And then there's the matter of the Mystery Costume, which I have yet to fully decide upon. She-Hulk is going to be the most challenging... the combination of such a trim waist with such defined arms is going to be a pain. Ling and Blondie are already in the bag, as that's pretty much my physique now. And Joystick will be done when She-Hulk is. Time to get hustlin'!
Costumes
New: Ms. Marvel (Warbird suit + Tron) | She-Hulk 2.0 | Echo | Semi-Secret Costume | STXI Uhura
Possible: Korra | Storm 2.0 (Alan Davis ref art)
Facebook
Join The Superhero Costuming Forum - for all manners of capes, cowls, and superpowers!
sociologies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #51
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Oh, I'd like to offically propose to both RaptorAdaptor for planning on doing the girl from WET (My favorite game of 2009) and deadpool and onewingedjade for doing Rogue whom i've crushed on for years.

Marry me? =P

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
Unread 09-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #52
Brand
Like that son!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
Oh, I'd like to offically propose to both RaptorAdaptor for planning on doing the girl from WET (My favorite game of 2009) and deadpool and onewingedjade for doing Rogue whom i've crushed on for years.

Marry me? =P
Favorite game of 09 and you don't even know her as Ruby? How can you not know a favorite chars name......
Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #53
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

It's been a year since i've played it! And I just got back from the gym... light headed. I could have cheated and googeled it but thats dishonest =P

--Yukino Miyazawa
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #54
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post

Marry me? =P
I think polygamy's illegal in the states... xD

Unread 09-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #55
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayobreaker View Post
yea i can see myself eating that much but hopefully i dont get lazy and drift off and get fat -_- lol
this might be a good idea if your going to do that

it's an appitite INCREASER

friend use it and swears by it. Although honestly looking at your pictures it'd probably be closer to a 2 year goal than a 1 year unless you go the route of pro-hormones >_<

Regardless if your looking to bulk up much as possible look up Scott Herman on youtube, he's not that big but generally his routine and mine are almost identical. The guys at my gym are noticing my arms especially are getting huge after I started doing drop set / circuit training incorporated.

Minimal rest (no longer than 30 seconds) and keep dropping the weights to keep up with the number of reps.

Another thing I do is do super slows, which takes 3-5 second motion one direction and 3-5 seconds in reverse. So 3-5 second benchpress push, and 3-5 second drop, then once I get tired I use explosive power and rep out the rest fast as possible.

When I started working out I could do 135 lb bench less than year ago 5 times, now I'm upto x30+ without stopping and max bench upto 255 @ 165 body weight. (that also included a 6month break -damn vacation....)

Although the hardest thing is to do drop sets with dumbbells if your gym is busy >_<

But above all most important things to take is

1.Multi-Vitamins Life force multi's are good and cheap (MUCH better than GNC stuff)
2. Glucosamine + MSM for joint support cause your muscles grow but your joints need to strengthen as well.
3. Calcium and magnesium shouldn't be too much of a problem if your drinking milk or taking protein shakes as most popular one Whey and Casein are both rich in calcium.
4. Fish oil is not only good for the heart brain it's also good for your joints as well.
5. Drink TONS of water, I go through a 1.5 gallon a day (I go so much I started making use of bushes outside lol, feel bad about wasting water to flush XD)
6. Eat clean calories, I know a large pizza sounds nice but if you can't don't rely on stuff loaded with trans fats to get you through (processed foods)

Other things I recommend but not required is arginine for better pumps and circulation during a workout which also helps your body create more nitric oxide which is great cause it's also good for the libido and sexual sensitivity

then Beta alanine personally I love the side effects which feels like static electricity running through my body which has proven to increase heart health by about 3% after 2 months of regular use.

Both you can get from a good pre-workout supplement. White Flood is probably the best, it gives you great focus and energy prior to entering the gym, it's like drinking 3 redbulls then hitting the gym. It'll also help you from getting lazy, cause once I drink it no matter how tired I am I'm out the door in 30minutes.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 09-26-2010 at 05:27 AM.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #56
fushizen

Ciel Phantomhive:

(the boy in the chair)

I've cosplayed as the butler next to him before, and that wasn't as bad because I was practically all covered up. However with Ciel, my legs are on show quite a bit.
The thing is, my weight goes up and down like a yo-yo. But not my "shape" - so I've decided to stop drinking soda and (too many) sweets (which will also help my skin) and start little, for example going running, pilates etc.
fushizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #57
shinigamimeroko

Ehmmm... well, for me, it's Milk from Dragon Ball:

And the problem is my legs x.x; I've always had chicken legs, though right now they're not that chicken anymore, since I've been exercising and stuff *_*
What I do is, since I have a dance group, I practice the dances every day, and now on top of that, I'm going up the stairs on tiptoes (though I haven't done that much yet). I don't go to the gym because I don't really have time or money, and also, I hate the gym x.x; so I just exercise like that in my house and it has been working so far *_*
shinigamimeroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #58
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

@distantarray: Haha, I know what you mean about peeing excessively. I drink so much water and that's the part I hate - just having to pee all the time. It gets kind of annoying! XD

Unread 09-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #59
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
@Kayobreaker: I feel ya on trying to get in shape for Tekken cosplays. It's a challenge!
yea it is but it will totally be worth it if we get it done =P
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #60
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
this might be a good idea if your going to do that

it's an appitite INCREASER

friend use it and swears by it. Although honestly looking at your pictures it'd probably be closer to a 2 year goal than a 1 year unless you go the route of pro-hormones >_<

Regardless if your looking to bulk up much as possible look up Scott Herman on youtube, he's not that big but generally his routine and mine are almost identical. The guys at my gym are noticing my arms especially are getting huge after I started doing drop set / circuit training incorporated.

Minimal rest (no longer than 30 seconds) and keep dropping the weights to keep up with the number of reps.

Another thing I do is do super slows, which takes 3-5 second motion one direction and 3-5 seconds in reverse. So 3-5 second benchpress push, and 3-5 second drop, then once I get tired I use explosive power and rep out the rest fast as possible.

When I started working out I could do 135 lb bench less than year ago 5 times, now I'm upto x30+ without stopping and max bench upto 255 @ 165 body weight. (that also included a 6month break -damn vacation....)

Although the hardest thing is to do drop sets with dumbbells if your gym is busy >_<

But above all most important things to take is

1.Multi-Vitamins Life force multi's are good and cheap (MUCH better than GNC stuff)
2. Glucosamine + MSM for joint support cause your muscles grow but your joints need to strengthen as well.
3. Calcium and magnesium shouldn't be too much of a problem if your drinking milk or taking protein shakes as most popular one Whey and Casein are both rich in calcium.
4. Fish oil is not only good for the heart brain it's also good for your joints as well.
5. Drink TONS of water, I go through a 1.5 gallon a day (I go so much I started making use of bushes outside lol, feel bad about wasting water to flush XD)
6. Eat clean calories, I know a large pizza sounds nice but if you can't don't rely on stuff loaded with trans fats to get you through (processed foods)

Other things I recommend but not required is arginine for better pumps and circulation during a workout which also helps your body create more nitric oxide which is great cause it's also good for the libido and sexual sensitivity

then Beta alanine personally I love the side effects which feels like static electricity running through my body which has proven to increase heart health by about 3% after 2 months of regular use.

Both you can get from a good pre-workout supplement. White Flood is probably the best, it gives you great focus and energy prior to entering the gym, it's like drinking 3 redbulls then hitting the gym. It'll also help you from getting lazy, cause once I drink it no matter how tired I am I'm out the door in 30minutes.
wow O.o thats alot of info thanks i will try my best like i said i just want to try to look better than i do now for next wondercon in 2011 its in may i think so this will definitly help me achieve my goal ^^
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote