Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 148 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #61
chinna

I really wanna get in shape to do a yellow ninjetti cosplay in march for megacon! http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...iYDq8SFTjNCwE= I really want to tone up a lot and get stronger so I can do proper kick ups when I do this cosplay. Right now I'm following the intermediate workout routine that Kasinator created on here as well as playing sports.
San - princess mononoke (99%)
chinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #62
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
@distantarray: Haha, I know what you mean about peeing excessively. I drink so much water and that's the part I hate - just having to pee all the time. It gets kind of annoying! XD
lol you know it's funny it's been discussed on the discovery channel the best feritilizer for tomatoes are human urine cause it's really rich in nitrogen. Although I wouldn't dare to eat it, I kinda wanna plant one in my yard and watch it grow =x
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #63
BreakerDeeEss
Whataburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
@distantarray: Haha, I know what you mean about peeing excessively. I drink so much water and that's the part I hate - just having to pee all the time. It gets kind of annoying! XD

When you drink water a lot on a daily basis for a long period of time, your body expects that much water to be taken in, and use that as the normal amount. You shouldn't have that "pee all the time" feeling once your body really gets used to all that water. I think I drink about 150+ fl oz (1.17 gallons) of water a day and I never get that feeling anymore.
BreakerDeeEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #64
Yami/Kaiba
water mage

I'm on a crash diet and fierce exercise regiman in order to cosplay as Vegeta (Saiyan Saga).

So far I have lost 4 lbs and will be debuting as him at the end of October, October 29th to be exact. I eat no more than 1500 calories a day and work out *cardio* everyday for 20 minutes. Due to a medical condition of my ribs coming out of place, I must be careful so the upper body like lifting heavy weights and bench press is out for now.

Could anyone assit me with the right course of action such as building muscle mass and strength trainning while losing weight and inches of my waist and hips?
Demyx
High Priest Seto
Sesshomaru
Seto Kaiba

Currently in process:
Grimmjow (Release Mode) Bleach
Legolas (Hobbit)

Last edited by Yami/Kaiba : 09-26-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Yami/Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #65
Truest_Strike
T.S.

Battle-Damage Spider-Man.
For SDCC or as early as Megacon next year.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...-morlun031.jpg

No more bulk--in terms of training and eating-- time to get shredded/cut/ripped.
Red Hood - Jason Todd
Truest_Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #66
InkyDoo

I have two. Hopefully when I reach my goal weight I can pick both but till then they hang on my bulletin board for inspiration.

Because when I was 6 I thought she was such a bad ass.

[

Because when I was 6 I thought a staff was way cooler than a baton.

InkyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #67
Evaix
Beleted

Definitely need to get in shape for a Wrath cosplay. He's just so amazingly awesome like that. xD Plus, even less revealing costumes would look better once I lose the tummy. OwO

Currently don't have much time for exercise, so I'm just cutting back on junk foods. I get somewhat of a workout during the school day from running back and forth to my classes, stairs and all. Whenever I do have time on the weekends, Zumba DVDs are always fun. Oh! And DDR! I once lost three pounds in a week during the summer from doing the Standard to Challenge levels every day.

Future Cosplays:
Kiba Inuzuka 2.0 (Naruto)
Hiei 2.0 (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Wrath (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Last edited by Evaix : 09-27-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Evaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #68
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami/Kaiba View Post
I'm on a crash diet and fierce exercise regiman in order to cosplay as Vegeta (Saiyan Saga).

So far I have lost 4 lbs and will be debuting as him at the end of October, October 29th to be exact. I eat no more than 1500 calories a day and work out *cardio* everyday for 20 minutes. Due to a medical condition of my ribs coming out of place, I must be careful so the upper body like lifting heavy weights and bench press is out for now.

Could anyone assit me with the right course of action such as building muscle mass and strength trainning while losing weight and inches of my waist and hips?
EAT more and dont kill yourself! You can loose weight and gain muscle. If anything since your really want muscle, You will want to eat more for the sake of growth! just don't eat too much!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #69
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyDoo View Post
I have two. Hopefully when I reach my goal weight I can pick both but till then they hang on my bulletin board for inspiration.

Because when I was 6 I thought she was such a bad ass.

[

Because when I was 6 I thought a staff was way cooler than a baton.

I still think both are cool!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #70
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

I'm getting in shape to cosplay Rogue from X-Men : The Animated Series around March 2011. And Yoko Littner (Space Outfit) later in 2011 because I need to make sure my abs are in good shape for that, haha.

Up to 40 pounds lost since March/April. Would be more if I didn't quit going to the gym over June/July. I kicked it into full gear in August though. I'm really starting to notice a difference now with a bit of muscle definition, smaller waist and fat % lost. I had to go shopping for jeans that are 2 sizes smaller. Was a fantastic feeling! I'm so pumped to keep going!
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #71
Kiro

Not currently working on it, but ultimately I'd like to be able to pull off characters like Noctis from Final Fantasy XIII Versus:

I'm eating healthier foods (grilled chicken sandwiches vs. cheeseburgers, fruits for snack, etc.), taking fast-paced walks every day, playing tennis every weekend, and will be starting P90X again probably tomorrow. Trying to get from currently 191lbs to a more reasonable 160lbs. If I went by BMI, I'd have to be in between 115lbs and 155lbs to be in the "normal weight" range. 160lbs should be a good start, anything better would be a bonus. Target date is June 2011, which should be a reasonable amount of time if I can stay committed.

2015 Conventions
AnimeNEXT
MAGFest?
Otakon?
PAX East
PwnEm Con?
Steampunk World's Fair?

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
CastlePoint
Otakon
Steampunk World's Fair
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #72
Crimson_sword
The dangerous quiet one

Cosplays:

Kanako Ohno, Beast, Saki Kasukabe, Sailor Jupiter, Rogue...that's all I can think of for now..

Pics of cosplays:

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1285605184
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1285605184

Plans....um...
Well I've been watching what I eat majorly and I run around at work for about seven hours almost everyday....other than that I don't do much...I'm most likely going to start working out in my dorm's workout room again soon...

Ohayocon

Last edited by Crimson_sword : 09-27-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Crimson_sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #73
oathtoorder
sheik ftw

I'm cosplaying as sheik from the legend of zelda.He is really toned and small , i'm ..well-not.

I found such a fun way to excercise I do para para ^.^ para para is a japanese dance that involves alot of arm and leg movement , in 2 days I was a bit toned from it XD
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #74
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

::Doubletakes:: anime rogue figure?

Huh.

Anyway...

Arms are there, legs are there, torsue is getting there, abs are....not fucking there at all...

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH this is gonna hurt.

As for what i'm doing:

In the gym every other day or next possible day work schedule permitting, alternating between upper and lowerbody with midsection.

Upper body is usually bunch, assorted dumbell exercises, low weight clean, that...crazy thisishowyouhitpeopleasalineman machine, assisted lift.
Lower body is squats, high weight cleans, assorted nautulus machines, assisted press, those...kneebendwhileyouholdthefreeweights exercise that I cannot remember the name of and that's really really bad because my dad use to make me do them for a quarter mile when I was playing football and it SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

About 20 to 30 minutes of cardio after that to make sure that my muscles don't try to murder me in my sleep.

You know, after all this time, after playing sports for years and helping people with their workout, the best cardio workout I ever got was doing 10 footers on DDR, just...in a row, constantly banging them out. Oni runs were great for keeping your endurance up in the off season.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 09-27-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #75
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

My Rogue cosplay is actually based off of that art. And yeah, spandex is not forgiving. I love being able to see my progress by comparing the different con photos, though. ^^

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote