Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.84 average.
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #886
improvised

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiStar View Post
I thought raw was better than cooked lol. IDK, I'll google it so that we both will know but as for the other part of your comment I do all that you listed every day.

So should I stick to a fruit and veggie diet for the convention?
Better for tummy bloat, not better in general. Does that make sense? I read it in Preventions flat belly diet book, they recommend cooked veggies in their jump start diet.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #887
DomiStar
DomiStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Better for tummy bloat, not better in general. Does that make sense? I read it in Preventions flat belly diet book, they recommend cooked veggies in their jump start diet.
Yeah that makes sense. Is there anything else I should know or worry about?
Sexy Mighty Morphin Pink Power Ranger

Emerald City Comic Con 2013
Storm 90's Version
Juliet Starling-Lollipop Chainsaw
Female Barret FF AC?

Sakura Con 2013
Korra-The Legend of Korra
Mighty Morphin Pink Power Ranger?
Female Barret FF AC
Sexy Female Brock-Pokemon

*Always seeking friends, especially in Washington*
DomiStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #888
improvised

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiStar View Post
Yeah that makes sense. Is there anything else I should know or worry about?
I don't remember all of it, but avoid gum, since that can actually cause some bloat. Sorry, that's all I remember.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #889
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

I want to be Kamina....

But I look like...

The good news is that I've already lost about six pounds since starting my fitness obsession. The tools in my arsenal are:

Good Diet combined with Intermittent Fasting: Aside from a few days where I cheated with junk food (I can count those days in one hand), my diet is free of processed junk, refined sugars, canned meats, candy, chips, cakes, fruit juices, soda pop and alcoholic beverages.

As for the "what to haves," those include eggs (lots of them), chicken breasts, fish fillets (not the crappy processed breaded ones), green vegetables, sweet potatoes, yams, oatmeal, full fat yoghurt, peanuts and fruits. I've fried my eggs in bacon grease and ghee (clarified butter); none of these things have halted my weight loss.

I experimented last week with IF, seeing if I could manage two 16hour fast/8hour meal windows in one week. By the end of that week attempt, I had done FOUR. What helped was what I cleaned up my diet a few weeks beforehand, so learning to say "no" got easier.

Intermittent fasting doesn't mean I eat less; if you wish you can have a surplus or deficit during your window. I'm not really counting calories, but the scale at the gym doesn't lie--I'm cutting!

1 hour walks top o' the morning, in a fasted state: I've heard this advice from a bodybuilder friend and one of my fitness gurus on YouTube (Elliott Hulse).

Compound Barbell Lifts, inspired by StrongLifts 5x5: I say "inspired by" because I don't do the three workouts per week (I only do two now) and because for squats I alter the repetition scheme if my last workout didn't go so well. (I switch to high volume, low intensity).

DDP Yoga: What got me into it was this video-- http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
I decided, instead of feeling happy for this guy, I want to succeed like he did. As for the actual DDP Yoga workout? It does make me sweat and get my HR up, so there's that.

Adopting a positive mental attitude: Because I want to have the kind of attitude Kamina/Simon/everyone in TTGL has. Changing your thoughts can change your actions, changing your actions can change your health, the world, etc. And if you don't believe you can do it, right down to the very marrow of your being... you won't.

As for timelines? I don't expect to be "Kamina-ready" until summer of 2013. There's a con coming up in January, and if I've lost at least 12 more pounds by then, I'll settle for being--
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #890
~Ichigo~

Cloud Strife! My biceps are way to weak atm and the hardest to build up on my body :|.

Maybe by next spring if I stick to a strict high calorie protein diet.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #891
Hyura
Wallflower

T___T Misa Amane. I am slender at the waist but need to get my butt and thighs into shape so they will be very firm and smooth... what I have done so far? Eat too much fast food. I'm trying to cut it out as much as possible and just always train my legs in my spare time. Is not easy.

••• | Next Event :: NDK NYE 2012 "Unmasked" event by D.C.C !

L O V E ♥ to cosplay themed parties, make food & prop, & bring favorite series to life !
Hyura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #892
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyura View Post

T___T Misa Amane. I am slender at the waist but need to get my butt and thighs into shape so they will be very firm and smooth... what I have done so far? Eat too much fast food. I'm trying to cut it out as much as possible and just always train my legs in my spare time. Is not easy.
Brazil Butt Lift?
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #893
Diagnosed

I love your attitude toward realizing your goals, Cephas! It's not just another "well I'll cut x, y, and z and exercise like crazy and that should do it". You've taken a much more methodical approach and have found an activity that inspires you, too. Not to mention you're totally into the character, which gives an extra little boost to the commitment factor! Hats off! And don't forget to do some research regarding plateauing if it occurs, as that's sometimes part of the process .

I can't wait to see your progress .
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #894
BlissfulLily

Really, I'm interested in getting in shape because I'm so short, and I like cute things. It sounds silly, but I'm only 4'11'', and I want to be able to convincingly cosplay as all of the younger characters that I love so much, primarily those such as

Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Chihiro from Spirited Away

and Ponyo from, er, Ponyo!

My list is ridiculously long, but I just want to be able to do these characters without feeling as though I look bad, or strange. Also, I'm not getting any younger getting healthy is a really, really good thing to aim for.

I'm attempting to do this by eating more health food (fruits, veggies), and working out three times a week, minimum, not including one yoga class a week.I don't want to just drop weight drastically and be even more unhealthy than I already am.

Completed Cosplays:
Ai from PoPoTan(PAX East 2012)
BlissfulLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #895
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

I have this insane desire to cosplay as Ms. Marvel. I guess for NYCC 2013.
Only problem is, she is apparently only 124lbs....and 5'11". I'm only 5'8", so I guess I should be even skinnier than 124, right? Which means I need to lose about 80lbs. to be able to do this.
I have no idea if it's possible to lose that much or not, but I'm going to try.

I have no idea what kind of diet I should be on- and when I say diet I don't mean just for while I'm losing the weight, I mean long-term, what should I eat and not eat. And I don't think that's the biggest issue- I think what I really need help on is portion control. It's great to have the doctor tell you portion control, but when you don't know what a lunch or dinner portion is supposed to look like, you tend to overeat. DX I really have no inkling of what amount of food is okay to eat during one meal. I do basically know what types of foods to eat or not eat, but not how much.

Still, I'm going to try!! I reallllly want to do this.
I would have done this costume already; my stomach is pretty flat and all....but my thighs are just HUGE. I refuse to wear bathing suits or shorts or anything in public, even at the beach. It's been like this for years. I'm 26 now, I want to get to live my life, like normal people do, and not be embarrassed about my disgusting fat legs anymore. I just don't know if I can get the weight off. -.-

Oh! And if anyone knows any good workouts that might help someone in my situation, please send videos my way.
I've been doing situps, and squats mostly. But..my knees are starting to feel a little off from all the squats, and I know that if you're overweight things like that can destroy your knees. I'd rather not need knee surgery in 15 or 20 years. I need to change it up with the exercising, to save my knees, plus to keep me from getting bored and not bothering to exercise.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Shinkoucon- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 10-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #896
ArcaneSpringbrd

I'm hoping to lose about 50 lbs before crossplaying Scarlett O'Hara. It's slow going (but it is going!). Hopefully after I get over my cold I'll be able to ramp up my walking like I'd intended, and that'll help accelerate the weightloss.
Corset: Complete!
Hoop skirt: Complete!
Chemise/Bloomers: Almost done!
Petticoat (if needed): Not started.
Gown skirt: Not started.
Gown bodice: Not started.
Makeup: Practicing!
Wig: Acquired, working on it.
Accessories: Gloves (acquired), Jewelry (not acquired), Shoes (not acquired), Elf ears (not acquired)
Lolita Doll
ArcaneSpringbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #897
NewAgeSpartan

Going for Jack Krauser. I have the upper part of the torso down from lifting. Just need to lose the mid-section, which has always haunted me. Hopefully increased cardio and mini-circuits will help cut it out.
NewAgeSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #898
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Meru from Legend of the Dragoon.
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #899
Loveless12

Ritsuka from Loveless! I'm not too out of shape, but I think I have too much muscle for a character who's supposed to be 12 year olds. Oh well, hopefully some of it will go along with the fat.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #900
MemoPanda
MemoPanda

I'm trying to get less of a pouch in my tummy for all my characters that I cosplay as. That and for myself..this mainly means doing yoga for an hour everyday and then drinking only one soda a day....I've lost a good ten pounds since doing it and gone down in pant size but the pouch is taking a long a time...that and my arms...they are very puffy and I want that slender look for a better cosplay XD
Its so annoying that those two areas are taking the longest time *sigh*
MemoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote