Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #1066
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan has become my recent motivation.

From what I've seen through fanart and my friends, she's kind of known as a tough girl, and doing her as I am now, just wouldn't do her justice. I'd also love to be able to do some of the acrobatic/action-oriented poses that show provides.

Also, crossplaying in general. I need a flat stomach to be able to properly bind and crossplay, really. >.<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #1067
dooork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan has become my recent motivation.

From what I've seen through fanart and my friends, she's kind of known as a tough girl, and doing her as I am now, just wouldn't do her justice. I'd also love to be able to do some of the acrobatic/action-oriented poses that show provides.

Also, crossplaying in general. I need a flat stomach to be able to properly bind and crossplay, really. >.<
omg shingeki no kyojin cosplays hahaha
I'm trying to lose some fat and bulk up on a bit more muscle for that... it sounds quite hard to look good in all those harnesses lol.
I'd be going for Rivaille because he's closer to my height and weight lol but... I think I'm too smiley for his sour faces XD
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #1068
Kaikuna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
My motivation is the Musketeer from Granado Espada. It's hardly a 'skimpy' cosplay by any means (quite the opposite xD) but I'd definitely like a trim figure for it. Plus, I do think self-confidence really does have an effect on how you look in your photos!

Kaikuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #1069
MagnusBeasticus
Registered User
 
MagnusBeasticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 38
I am getting in shape for Terry Bogard! He should be pretty easy but to get in shape and cut down for him I am doing my own gaming fitness program! It should help anyone who likes to play video games!
Video Game Fitness Program Introduction - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfeYqcX2ALs
You can also exercise in between episodes of anime as well!

Work hard for your cosplays guys! You can be anybody that you want!
MagnusBeasticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #1070
nikkiolie
Registered User
 
nikkiolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooork View Post
omg shingeki no kyojin cosplays hahaha
I'm trying to lose some fat and bulk up on a bit more muscle for that... it sounds quite hard to look good in all those harnesses lol.
I'd be going for Rivaille because he's closer to my height and weight lol but... I think I'm too smiley for his sour faces XD
WOO go SnK cosplays! I too am also working on Mikasa. I have a goal. I have been lifting a lot and by the time Kumoricon over Labor Day rolls around I want to be able to bench press 145 lbs (at 110 right now) which is, conveniently, the weight of my Eren. I SMELL PHOTO OP! I would love to be able to pick him up and carry him on my back. I am pretty sure I can already carry him on my back....I should check the next time I see him XD

Other than that I am also remaking my Albel costume from Star Ocean 3 so I got the flat stomach after years and years of trying and failing....now to just cut down on my body fat to show by abs more 8D
__________________
My Facebook Page

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1071
LordTyger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68
1. Big Macintosh. :B
2. No pics available currently, sorry
3. Starting the P90 system. If that works, I'll be moving on to P90X
LordTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #1072
hikarigirl13
Hika-chan
 
hikarigirl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 395
I don't know exactly who I'll be cosplaying as once I've lost a bit of my weight, but my friend says I should try Fang from FFXIII. So she's my current motivation. x3
Though I'm pretty sure everyone knows what she looks like:
hikarigirl13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #1073
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?
 
Captain Kaiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarigirl13 View Post
I don't know exactly who I'll be cosplaying as once I've lost a bit of my weight, but my friend says I should try Fang from FFXIII. So she's my current motivation. x3
Though I'm pretty sure everyone knows what she looks like:
Haa, that'd be assuming everyone here keeps up with Final Fantasy nowadays. :P

She's pretty, though. Good luck with your weight loss!
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1074
Isikaru
Registered User
 
Isikaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 194
Kind of everything. XD I'm still not near slender enough for any of the characters I already cosplay, but I do it anyway.

Right now my focus is Chane Laforet from Baccano! Not that her outfit shows much skin, but still. My upper arms are one of my least-fit areas.



And in the future I really really want to cosplay Albel Nox from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time.

I probably won't work hard enough to get a firm stomach like that, but lean at least...yes.

Last edited by Isikaru : 06-18-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1075
zero-125
The Darkest Angel
 
zero-125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 55
ive been working out more to get more muscular to cosplay as cloud strife from advent children at anime south east
__________________
my deviantart
my facebook
proud Glacial Warlord of the Undead Legion

Come Bloody Angel
Break off your chains, and look what I've found in the dirt
Pale battered body, seems like she was struggling
Something is wrong with this world
zero-125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #1076
cblack77
Registered User
 
cblack77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 63
I want to be a killer Sakura from Naruto Shippuden. Pretty sure everyone knows what she looks like, since it's so popular. I've just started Insanity.
cblack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #1077
Bovice
Registered User
 
Bovice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 289
I'd like to do Wammu, but wouldn't be possible for me to get into shape that could do the character true justice, so I won't

Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #1078
nikkiolie
Registered User
 
nikkiolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isikaru View Post
Kind of everything. XD I'm still not near slender enough for any of the characters I already cosplay, but I do it anyway.

Right now my focus is Chane Laforet from Baccano! Not that her outfit shows much skin, but still. My upper arms are one of my least-fit areas.



And in the future I really really want to cosplay Albel Nox from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time.

I probably won't work hard enough to get a firm stomach like that, but lean at least...yes.
WOOO More Star Ocean 3 love! I can't wait to wear Albel again :3 but first I must remake everything.

As for your arms I swear by bench press. I personally would like to get a little more fit than some girls do but since I have started doing bench my arms have become one of my favorite parts of my body. Granted it isn't too much definition yet but I am still working on it. This is only like two-three months of actual lifting with very little focus on a proper diet. I used to have no definition on the outside of my arms. I really don't feel like the picture does much justice though =/ Oh well. I am happy with how things are coming.
__________________
My Facebook Page

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14

Last edited by nikkiolie : 06-19-2013 at 11:19 AM.
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #1079
dooork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiolie View Post
WOO go SnK cosplays! I too am also working on Mikasa. I have a goal. I have been lifting a lot and by the time Kumoricon over Labor Day rolls around I want to be able to bench press 145 lbs (at 110 right now) which is, conveniently, the weight of my Eren. I SMELL PHOTO OP! I would love to be able to pick him up and carry him on my back. I am pretty sure I can already carry him on my back....I should check the next time I see him XD

Other than that I am also remaking my Albel costume from Star Ocean 3 so I got the flat stomach after years and years of trying and failing....now to just cut down on my body fat to show by abs more 8D


Hell yeah SnK cosplays! I know it's risky if it's only my 2nd cosplay to be doing such a complicated costume but WHO CARES IT'S FUN!
I used to carry my sibling A LOT on my back, unfortunately that's been a few years but I reckon I could still do it lol. But yeah I don't think I could ever do Mikasa justice if I never tried to get those abs... or at least cut down some body fat to show them lol. I was busy preparing for a convention a while back and stopped working out so I think my muscles became fat and my fat multiplied... hahaha...

OH yeah, and are you making the 3DMG and harnesses yourself?? Those look pretty damn neat but hard to make. I saw Reika's blog and the process still looks so hard lol...
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #1080
Ronigirl
Registered User
 
Ronigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 79
I'm working out to cosplay Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening! Uggghhh she's so fit and lovely~ <3 Anyways, I'm doing the POP Pilates videos here: http://www.blogilates.com/calendar/b...t-starting-out

The girl that does the videos is really nice and encouraging, but not annoying. I actually enjoy the work outs because they're simple but challenging. I've been keeping up with it really well, so I hope I'll be in good shape before Anime Festival Wichita!
__________________
Current Cosplays in Construction:
Tharja (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Finished Cosplays:
Holo (Spice and Wolf)
Daisy (from the Mario games)
Kuro Usagi (Problem Children are Coming from Another World, Aren't They)


See you later, space cowboy
Ronigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.