Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 175 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #1081
squirrelflight

I'm planning on cosplaying Alphard Alshaya from CANAAN

I'm just working on getting my stomach more toned! I'm fairly skinny to begin with, but I think my stomach could look better with slight abs anyway
squirrelflight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #1082
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooork View Post
Hell yeah SnK cosplays! I know it's risky if it's only my 2nd cosplay to be doing such a complicated costume but WHO CARES IT'S FUN!
I used to carry my sibling A LOT on my back, unfortunately that's been a few years but I reckon I could still do it lol. But yeah I don't think I could ever do Mikasa justice if I never tried to get those abs... or at least cut down some body fat to show them lol. I was busy preparing for a convention a while back and stopped working out so I think my muscles became fat and my fat multiplied... hahaha...

OH yeah, and are you making the 3DMG and harnesses yourself?? Those look pretty damn neat but hard to make. I saw Reika's blog and the process still looks so hard lol...
I bought the costume and all the straps came with it but I am making the gear. I saw that blog as well and I am going to go about things differently. So far it looks like the hardest part will be finding some sort of gas tank to use. I would like to use a real one rather than trying to make one myself but they may not happen.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #1083
Necomata

I want to do thief rikku from ffx-2 I am already slender but I want muscle tone of some sort so I don't walk around and look flabby. So I have been preparing for it by doing a 40 minute bicycle ride every other day. Right now I have been looking for a job to get into a gym to do strength training. As well as looking for good beauty regime like help with my underarms and hair removal.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rikku.jpg
Necomata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #1084
trustychords
Bountylicious

Yoko (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann). Undecided on outfit at the moment*. I'm skinny enough for her per say, but not enough; I need to reduce the flab around my thighs and trim my stomach just a little. Got 3 months + 3 weeks exactly!

*probably because it'll be my first proper skimpy cosplay D:

Yoko (with rifle) and Kamina [Gurren Lagann]
trustychords is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #1085
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I haven't lost much weight since last time I was here, but my goals have changed. I went ahead and did my Ritsuka cosplay without losing any, I ended up sticking with a better shirt and it actually looks really good, I'm so happy about it.
Now, I want to lose my stomach so I can cosplay Haku Yowane, I have three different cosplays of her planned that involve losing weight. They all either show her stomach or involve skin tight clothes.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #1086
necachu

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ox-d4biwgc.jpg going as female shaco. Iv'e been doing more arm and butt exercises. :3 I do 2 sets of 20 lunges on each leg. Then do 2 sets of 20 curls on each arm.
necachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #1087
BlueHex
North America B.S.A.A.

I'm elbow-deep into making my Piers Nivans costume from Resident Evil 6 (Lanshiang version). I was out of the cosplay loop for a couple of years, and now I'm back with a vengeance. I'm working extremely hard to get all the details correct, and this will be the first time I've ever done a crossplay where I "bind" my chest and use sole inserts to try to actually pass myself off as a male.

I have a little bit more than a month before I debut it at Tokyo In Tulsa, and here's what I've been doing to try to drop some pounds and shape up before the convention:

I'm a vegetarian, so you'd think I already get tons of fresh veggies in my diet right? Wrong! I have a bad habit of "filling the gaps" with carb-filled items such as pizza or pasta. SO. I've almost completely cut out carbs from my diet.

I keep baby carrots with me constantly. I tend to be a "boredom" snacker, so when I feel the need to munch on something I'll have them with me.

I eat lots of eggs. That's mostly all I have for my main meals. I pretty much allow myself to have as many as I want, but that usually only ends up being 2 to 4 a day because I get burned out really easy.

I've avoided any and all sugar, except for my daily meal replacement (vegan chocolate Shakeology) which I mix with non-fat milk.

I drink as much water as I can force myself to. I re-use an empty water bottle by filling it up in the sink and then mixing a sugar-free flavoring to it. If it isn't flavored, sadly, I probably won't drink it, so this is a great tool for me.

Sometimes I'll throw in a salad (lettuce greens with carrots, sometimes a boiled egg, cucumber) with NO salad dressing or salt!

As far as exercise goes, I'm using Zombies, Run! on my iPhone to get in my cardio, the Slim In 6 program (by Debbie Siebers), and this silly little calendar:

I may do a juice fast the last week before the con if I haven't dropped enough by then. I know this is somewhat unhealthy, and the "cheaters" way to lose weight, but short-term goals are the only thing that can keep me focused. I have noticed a considerable decrease in energy which makes it hard to exercise, but I'm keeping up with it.

OH and make sure you're taking a good multivitamin! I'm taking Centrum for Women right now and addition to various other supplements to fill my nutritional gaps.
Izumicon (November 1st-November 3rd 2013)

Working on:
Piers Nivans (priority)
Paker Luciani
Alex Shepherd
Jonah Hex
Alan Wake
BlueHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #1088
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Looking to tone up in the arms and lower belly for my Lara Croft cosplay. I'm very happy with my three measurements (I'm particularly happy with the 27 inch waist I managed), but man, do I need to tone up for this one!

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #1089
Reionyx
It's Showtime!

http://api.ning.com/files/DVcXntj8IQ...hantomhive.jpg

I am shaping up for Ciel Phantomhive.
I am not bad "shape' wise at the moment - still room for improvement. I want to get as small as I can (in a healthy way, of course) before a con in November.
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #1090
Anukii
Badass Space Marine

Midna! *Pokes belly* I got some trimming to do and food habits to watch!
Anukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #1091
Boyzenberry
Lemonade

Working to cosplay as Shuichi <3
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #1092
MagnusBeasticus

Went to Anime Expo as Terry Bogard and it turned out alright but I have to work harder to get in good enough shape for Gill from 3rd Strike!

gill.jpg
MagnusBeasticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #1093
The Unorthodox
The Unorthodox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBeasticus View Post
Went to Anime Expo as Terry Bogard and it turned out alright but I have to work harder to get in good enough shape for Gill from 3rd Strike!

Attachment 40652
Wow! That'd be sick to see a Gill! He's one of my favorite sprites in a 2D fighter.

I'm going to be Rogue for Dragon*Con, which doesn't show much skin, but the outfit is skin tight so I want to be pretty smooth.

I'm also doing a female version of Kabal from Mortal Kombat. I'm gonna sex-up his outfit just a pinch and have my tummy and boobies showing. After all, Mortal Kombat isn't about conservative ladies. So I want my arms jacked up and a flat tummy.

Unread 07-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #1094
superbike81

My wife and I are getting into shape together to cosplay as Kamina and Yoko Littner.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #1095
Lindarial

I'm currently working on a Quinn cosplay from League of Legends.

It doesn't really show skin but she's supposed to be lean, like a raptor (or an eagle). My main problem area is my tummy. I've been doing an abs intensive workout in addition to running and adjusting my diet. The biggest things for me have been cutting out soda and replacing not so healthy foods with more fruits and veggies. Overall by just being more aware of what I'm eating I'm all ready seeing progress.

It's nice because now I have a truly concrete goal and that really helps motivate me.
Lindarial is offline   Reply With Quote