Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 09-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Any recommended Binders? (Help!)

Hey guys,

I was JUST about to buy a Tri-top Chest Binder from Underworks until I googled: Best binders and came upon a site with a bunch of reviews so now I'm doubting whether or not I want to buy it. This would be my first binder (and I know, kinda trial and error thing to see if it's the "one" for me), and I'm a 34 B, and was wondering:

What's your favorite binder, and why?
Cons/pros of the binder?
What about the measurements; I heard something like adding your bust (B, being 2?) and 34, then dividing it by 2? Which would make me a small in Underworks' world, sounds like I wouldn't make it in the binder.
What about leotards?

If anyone could direct me to another site like TK or Underworks, or give me some insight before I buy something, it'd be appreciated.

Thank you guys!

Last edited by Yonbi : 09-22-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Yonbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

Underworks has the measuring system right on their site : http://ftm.underworks.com/

You measure around the fullest part of your bust, then around right under your bust - where your bra band would be. And divide THOSE by two. If you add 2 + 34, that is TOTALLY NOT THE RIGHT NUMBER - that would really hurt you if you were able to find one that small, but thankfully, I doubt you'd be able to get it on at all !

Personally, I think TK is ridiculously overpriced.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
TheMedic
Yokai~

Yonbi, I'm a 36B and I actually just got done trying on my tri-top binder for the first time tonight. Originally I bought a medium sized one... I could barely get it past my shoulders. With the large size, I was able to slip it on easily and after adjusting, my chest was pretty flat. I was so excited... lol I ran into my brother's room while he was asleep, turned on the lights, showed him my profile and asked "Can you see boobs?!!" He kinda groggily stared at me with a 'wtf' look on his face, said "No" and went back to sleep.
With a shirt on, my chest was flat enough to the point where I could pass as a boy. If your costume is skin tight or snug, you'll end up looking like you have a muscular chest.
I can tell it'll take time to get used to it though, I didn't wear it for too long.

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis
+Lolita Plague Doctor (original)

Recently joined Facebook ^_^; >> Link! <<
TheMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

The underworks Tri top binder I don't have...yet. If you are doing a cosplay that doesn't show the stomach/back I would suggest getting the Double Front Compression Shirt Which I do Have. It Took a DD chest (Bout 48-49 inches) and put it down to a 44 inch chest. I had a Ouran shirt that "Strained" at the buttons before I put on the Binder and there was no strain on the button up. The Double Front Compression Shirt is a Really comfortable But its recommended that you wear it for a few hours to get used to it (Not all at once) and that you wear a Shirt under it to prevent Irritation from your underarm (Which my friend has told me.)Just cut the sleeves off. I Go the Irritation for a Bit then Flipped it inside out and I was Fine. I'm not sure why or how it makes it less irritable but I will try again and update you.

I will warn you two things;

(1) You will need help putting it on. I tried and Failed at getting it on. I ended up having to get my mom to help me. which took 5 minutes (I'm not sure if it'll be quicker with the shirt on under it or not I've not tried it yet)

(2) Care For Your Binders: You may hand wash or machine wash your binders but only in cold water. Use gentle cycle when machine washing. Do not iron. Do not place the garment near any kind of heat source. Do not use any kind of bleach. Drip dry or flat dry, do not place your binder in the dryer. (copied from the site)

My opinion on TK? Its really expensive. If your a "B" cup you could Also try an "A" Cup Sports bra which would be cheaper! ^^
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Thanks for all the advice guys! I think I'll definitely get an Underwork's shirt; and try to pick between the Tri Top and the Double Front Compression (or both... at a later date). I haven't really tried any other real methods besides getting a smaller bra; which worked wonders but I recently lost the really good one. Thank you guys for all the advice too!

LOL TheMedic, that made me laugh.

I stumbled onto this site (is anyone familiar?): http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/index.php?language=en
Unread 09-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
TheMedic
Yokai~

Let us know which binder you get first and how it works out for you!
This is my first time seeing lesloveboat.com, and wow it looks like they have some really nice items for sale. The only thing stopping me are the prices. XD $50? That's a little pricey for my wallet! Though this binder looks like something I'd want to look at in the future.

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis

Unread 09-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I have the Tri-Top from Underworks myself, and I loves it. <3 I can get it on and off by myself (an absolute must for me), and it does a great job binding without sacrificing things like the ability to breathe - I tried the sports bra method, and it nearly killed me, haha. My only complaint is how high the neckline is - I still have to use tape for lower cut shirts. Eventually I'd like to get a lower cut spare, but in the meantime, I do love my Tri-Top.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Kell-chan, I just bought the Tri Top yesterday and I'm PSYCHED to see how it works. I've heard only good things about it. I can't wait till it pops in the mail. Breathing is a necessity, and I don't wanna sacrifice it to wear a binder. Woo!

TheMedic, I was surprised no one mentioned it before, since it's a FTM store. The prices are pretty much the same as T Kingdom, but I've found some pretty nice Binders on that site that were the same price as the ones on Underworks so who knows. In the future, I'll buy one from there and see how it works.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

@ Yonbi:

Yay! I hope it brings you as much crossplay joy as it has me. ^_^

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #10
TheMedic
Yokai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
I can get it on and off by myself (an absolute must for me)
Same here, Kell-chan XD There's something wrong with the picture if I need someone else in the room with me to help me get a binder on. I don't want to have to depend on others on something like that. <.<

@Yonbi, Currently 'binding training' at the moment... Gotta get used to wearing this thing for long periods of time lol And yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the prices being similar to T Kingdom. But hey, my current binder does the job so I don't need to go shopping around for another one just yet. Hopefully you'll get yours soon, mine came in the mail pretty fast.

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I have a t-kingdom binder and a underworks one. The underworks one compresses much better. I'm a 34 DD and it gets me down to about an A. ^_^

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
angst_and_smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
I have a t-kingdom binder and a underworks one. The underworks one compresses much better. I'm a 34 DD and it gets me down to about an A. ^_^

Wow! From a 34AA down to an A? Well, I'm not even close to that, being a B but those suckers don't like to go down. Are the Underworks comfortable for hours of use?

Fanime 2010 - Dib (Invader Zim), Johnny (JTHM), Misa (Death Note)
INVADERCON 2011 - Dib

www.livejournal.com/~angels_burn
some cosplay photos are here: http://bleed-the-wall.deviantart.com/
angst_and_smut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst_and_smut View Post
Wow! From a 34AA down to an A? Well, I'm not even close to that, being a B but those suckers don't like to go down. Are the Underworks comfortable for hours of use?
I have worn my Underworks binder from 8am til 11:30 pm a couple times and had no problems whatsoever. They're really comfortable. And how good they compress also depends on the stiffness of your boobs. Mine are squishy so the binder compresses pretty well, if your boobs are really firm then you may have to reach under the binder when it's on and 'adjust' them until they are flat. If you're a B you shouldn't have a problem getting flat with the underworks one. My friend is a C and gets nearly flat with a t-kingdom binder, which aren't nearly as strong. Go underworks, they're cheap and they hold up well. I almost exclusively do crossplay and it has held up really well. XD

With binding
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1909276/ (I'm on the left)

Without
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2457685/

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

@liivingdeadgirl Holy mama, boob fairy! Glad to see that it works so well, I'm currently still waiting for my Underworks binder but it should be here soon. I CAN't wait to put it on, look down and be like, "Woah, where'd my boobs go... THERE THEY ARE. Oh, their gone now." I'm also glad to hear that their comfortable, and I won't spend 2-3 hours dying because I'm suffocating.

@TheMedic How many days did you have to wait for it? I'm always antsy when it comes to waiting for things I'm looking forward to. Ha ha.

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences, too.
Unread 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
TheMedic
Yokai~

@Yonbi, Taking a shot in the dark here, but I think it was five-six days. It arrived faster than anything else I had ordered that week. XD It's been a while... I'm thinking your package should be coming any day now. Yay!

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis