Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

OKAY. So, on my birthday (today) I received my binder from Underworks, and of course I pranced upstairs to try it on. I think the BINDING part was good (although maybe I ordered too big, but I swear a M should've been fine. A small would've been pushing it, I think. I got it on without help and without much trouble). The bottom part of it was kinda lose around my stomach so I think I might have to sew it in a little bit. Any suggestions? I MIGHT get one from that LesLoveBoat. MAYBE I'm expecting too much, I don't know.

XD

Unread 10-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Mine is kind of loose at the bottom too. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Folding it back up and over didn't work cause it shows through the shirt. It's loose at the very top too and a little flap is poking up through my t-shirt (I'm doing a dress rehersal by wearing it to school)...
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

I have both the tri top and the double front from Underworks. The tri top is loose for me at the bottom too.

If the outfit is tight or form fitting, I prefer the double front because it goes all the way down to my waist and stays snug against my body (helps shape my stomach area too XD;;). It tends to bunch up as you move though. For outfits that aren't as tight, I like using the tri top. The loose part doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't show through the costume.
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #19
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

I don't think modifying, just sewing a little bit on bother sides would show very much, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna try it, and I'll let you know.

And OKAY. So I'm not the only one! I was thinking of getting the double front, too, just because of that. Hmm, I only put it on for a second and I was like... IT'S LOOSE HERE, I got the wrong size, dernit. But the compression up top is pretty nice, AND I can get it on myself. So no complaints there, I guess I'll have to test it out for longer and see how I like it. Definitely going to get a double front, too though. Any tips on keeping it tucked so it doesn't ride up?
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
EmoxJerk
Love Way Connection

I'm thinking about buying the Tri top binder, but I need to confirm before I buy it. Does anyone have any problems with breathing or does it feel like something's sitting on your chest?

I'm around 34-36B and from what I've read so far, it seems that I won't have too much of a problem getting down to a "flat" state. I just need to know if it feels uncomfortable when breathing. Thanks in advance!
-Hanji / Rivaille (AoT)
-Snow Miku

Facebook | WorldCosplay
EmoxJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

@Yonbi - I just end up adjusting the compression vest once in a while throughout the day =/ I think it's because of how long it is, so it gathers around my waist and then bunches around the stomach area.

@EmoxJerk - I find the compression vests comfortable, and I'm able to wear them all day. If it's hard to breathe in it or doesn't feel right, then it's probably too tight, and you should go a size up.
Unread 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

I don't find it uncomfortable AT all, I'm at 34B, too so I was like... "Eh, do I get the small or medium?" I was tempted to get the small just because I wanted super-duper boob-be-gone results, but the results are pretty good. I just have the bottom part (which rests below your rib cage) being loose to complain about. Other than that, it's fine. I ALSO ordered another binder from leslovewhatever that site it, looks good with a Velcro adjustable thing; I'll keep ya'll posted.

Bahaha, I wonder if it'd be possible to sew the Double Front onto a pair of tight spandex shorts so it doesn't bunch up as much and stays put (and work like a manly leotard/wrestling suit).
Unread 10-05-2010, 05:30 AM   #23
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonbi View Post
I don't think modifying, just sewing a little bit on bother sides would show very much, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna try it, and I'll let you know.

And OKAY. So I'm not the only one! I was thinking of getting the double front, too, just because of that. Hmm, I only put it on for a second and I was like... IT'S LOOSE HERE, I got the wrong size, dernit. But the compression up top is pretty nice, AND I can get it on myself. So no complaints there, I guess I'll have to test it out for longer and see how I like it. Definitely going to get a double front, too though. Any tips on keeping it tucked so it doesn't ride up?
I actually had the same issue with mine, and just took it in 5/8 on each side. It made it a little harder to get into, but then, if you can get into it without ANY trouble, its probably too loose. It fits perfectly now, and binds even better without being loose, and I can still get into it on my own. I just turned it inside out to sew it down the sides. When you flip it right side out, you don't even know that its been taken in.

As for keeping it from riding up, I don't seem to have this issue yet, but my friend did, and she said that wearing a belt over it with her pants seemed to help some.
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #24
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I have the same issue where it's loose at the bottom, but if you have any kind of boob it's going to be like that. It doesn't show through on my costumes at all, though I don't have any really tight cosplays. If you wanted to just take it up a little with a serger it would prolly not have that loose material at the bottom anymore, just be sure not to take it up too much.
@Puyoda - does the double front compress just as much? I'm going to get another binder soon and am tempted to try that one. But i'm a 34D (almost DD) so I need a lot of compression, the tri top works fine for me.

@Emo - It's comfy. Like I said, I have a large chest and I've worn my binder from 8am til midnight on several occasions and not had a problem at all. You could run a marathon in it if you wanted to. XD

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #25
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoxJerk View Post
I'm thinking about buying the Tri top binder, but I need to confirm before I buy it. Does anyone have any problems with breathing or does it feel like something's sitting on your chest?

I'm around 34-36B and from what I've read so far, it seems that I won't have too much of a problem getting down to a "flat" state. I just need to know if it feels uncomfortable when breathing. Thanks in advance!
Ya know, since you're a B you might be able to use less expensive methods, like sports bras and control tops. If you wanna possibly save money, I would go to a store that sells such things and try on some stuff to see if it works.

I don't have any trouble breathing.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
@Puyoda - does the double front compress just as much? I'm going to get another binder soon and am tempted to try that one. But i'm a 34D (almost DD) so I need a lot of compression, the tri top works fine for me.
For me at least, the double front and the tri top compress about the same amount :3
Unread 10-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #27
EmoxJerk
Love Way Connection

Thanks for all the responses!

@Sirena: Yeah, I was thinking about a sports bra instead. I might take some time to go try one on sometime soon. I'm hoping I don't HAVE to buy a binder, but I'll never know until I try. x]
-Hanji / Rivaille (AoT)
-Snow Miku

Facebook | WorldCosplay
EmoxJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #28
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
I'm a 36D and the double front works just fine for me, so I imagine it would be fine for you too.
Unread 10-07-2010, 03:48 AM   #29
TheMedic
Yokai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonbi View Post
OKAY. So, on my birthday (today) I received my binder from Underworks, and of course I pranced upstairs to try it on. I think the BINDING part was good (although maybe I ordered too big, but I swear a M should've been fine. A small would've been pushing it, I think. I got it on without help and without much trouble). The bottom part of it was kinda lose around my stomach so I think I might have to sew it in a little bit. Any suggestions? I MIGHT get one from that LesLoveBoat. MAYBE I'm expecting too much, I don't know.

XD

Happy belated birthday, Yonbi!!!! I guess an inch or so makes the difference because I about died when I tried to squeeze into a M tritop.
My costume isn't snug fitting, so I didn't even notice that the bottom part was loose. Now that you mention it, it's pretty billowy down there.......
I sorta want a compression shirt that covers the waist too, but at this point I've spent too much money as is so I have to work with what I got. XD
At least the boobs are gone!!

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis
+Lolita Plague Doctor (original)

Recently joined Facebook ^_^; >> Link! <<
TheMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #30
X_Rikku_X
Getto daze!

I got my tri-top binder today, and I have to say, it is FANTASTIC! It has me totally flat. I had to struggle a fair bit to get into it, but when I finally did get it on, it looked great! I kind of gave up trying to pull it over my shoulders so I pulled it on from bottom up.

I am a B and I used to use sports bra + bandages to bind. The results weren't that great, plus it didn't hold up that well (slippage). A sports bra by itself will work moderately; it flattens a bit, but I still end up with what looks like really weird muscles/moobs/a small A maybe? Also, a sports bra will become looser over time/washes.