Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #31
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoxJerk View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about a sports bra instead. I might take some time to go try one on sometime soon. I'm hoping I don't HAVE to buy a binder, but I'll never know until I try. x]
I've tried the sports bra method myself - I'm 36B - and I think maybe I'm just a little too big to pull it off as well as I would like. Additionally, after about five hours, I really had trouble breathing. After that, I went back to either the compression shirt or medical tape (mid-range strength) depending on what I was wearing.

I'm not trying to scare anyone out of trying sports bras, but just advising a Plan B. Absolutely try it at home first for several hours - not at a con like me. >.<

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #32
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMedic View Post
Happy belated birthday, Yonbi!!!! I guess an inch or so makes the difference because I about died when I tried to squeeze into a M tritop.
My costume isn't snug fitting, so I didn't even notice that the bottom part was loose. Now that you mention it, it's pretty billowy down there.......
I sorta want a compression shirt that covers the waist too, but at this point I've spent too much money as is so I have to work with what I got. XD
At least the boobs are gone!!
Thanks! I just had to wriggle myself into the M tritop, but I thought I got stuck at first, once it was on, I was like... "This is pretty comfortable." The bottom part is billowy though, haha, eventually I'll get the double front too because I wanna try a binder that compresses the waist, too.

Currently still waiting on the lesloveboat FTM binder, I can't wait.
Unread 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #33
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Oh yeah, you should definitely do dress rehersals with whatever binding method you choose. You don't want the first time you wear it to be at the actual con. Wear it around the house, wear it to the store, wear it to a friend's...Eat in it, sit around in it, walk around in it.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #34
raelet

...oh dear. I'm a 34 C and I got a small a few minutes ago because I measured my underbust at 29 and my bust at 33. Was that a bad move? I'm seeing all these posts about people with smaller chests than me struggling to get into the mediums, so now I'm worried...
Cheren- Pokemon B/W
Giovanni/Badou/Ernst- Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
raelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #35
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelet View Post
...oh dear. I'm a 34 C and I got a small a few minutes ago because I measured my underbust at 29 and my bust at 33. Was that a bad move? I'm seeing all these posts about people with smaller chests than me struggling to get into the mediums, so now I'm worried...
Well, you could always try it out, and if it doesn't fit, Underworks allows exchanges :3
http://www.underworks.com/orderinfo.html#policy

I did an exchange when I ordered my double front, and they sent me a new size fairly quickly.
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #36
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelet View Post
Your measurements sound almost exactly like mine (and, as a note, might I suggest trying on a 32C or D bra ? I used to wear 34C bras, but found a 32 band size is more ideal - just a suggestion !) - and I have the "Small" binder. It fits fine and I can get it on and off by myself with no problem.

When taking it off, I would suggest crossing your arms in front of you, grasping the bottom, and pulling off. Not sure how to explain it, but I have a start of this operation picture in my gallery. It's way easier than trying to fish your arm through or something.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #37
raelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyoDa View Post
Well, you could always try it out, and if it doesn't fit, Underworks allows exchanges :3
http://www.underworks.com/orderinfo.html#policy

I did an exchange when I ordered my double front, and they sent me a new size fairly quickly.
Oh, sweet. I didn't know they did exchanges! Thanks!

@Kelley: I had a 32C, but they're nearly impossible to find nowaday, and I find that 34s fit me just fine if I tighten the strap all the way. Thanks though- they really are a little more comfy than my other ones. And it's good to know that a small will probably work- I guess I just have to wait until it gets here and see!

Thanks for the quick responses, you guys <3
Cheren- Pokemon B/W
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #38
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

I've done two exchanges with them. They were easy and smooth. They even did an exchange after the cut-off date, which was really nice of them.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 02:15 AM   #39
raelet

Just got it. And oh man, it's awesome! I'm flat .___. I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes. And it's so breathable! I'm a happy camper, that's for sure. It took a bit of squirming to get into, but I think it's supposed to? idk, but I love it.
Cheren- Pokemon B/W
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #40
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Wow, I recently received my binder from the FTM store lesloveboat. This is the one I bought: http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=130&osCsid=896ab4c82f 10bd5496c846ceab28a629. I was leery about getting a binder with velcro because I heard that eventually, it would stop sticking and such but man, I'm impressed with the results. I like this one better than the Tri-Top I've bought as well, and if I want one like a Full Front, I'll buy from lesloveboat again. It's comfortable and I can wear it all day, and loosen or tighten it whenever I want. No squirming since it's designed to be adjusted once it's on. AND flat! *happy prance* I'll post up some pictures when I find my camera. I found the Tri-Top, after a few hours started giving me heartburn (Maybe it's because I have a big stick-out ribcage, baw), but who knows. Both have awesome results.
Unread 11-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #41
TheMedic
Yokai~

Interesting! Thanks for updating us, Yonbi! Have you tried it on with different types of clothes? My worry is that the velcro portion of the binder would show little bumps when wearing snug clothing. How many hours have you worn it for?
Baaaaw. It looks so nice and comfy--- and flat. If I wasn't so over-budget with my cosplay, I'd pick one up myself.

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis
+Lolita Plague Doctor (original)

Recently joined Facebook ^_^; >> Link! <<
TheMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #42
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMedic View Post
Interesting! Thanks for updating us, Yonbi! Have you tried it on with different types of clothes? My worry is that the velcro portion of the binder would show little bumps when wearing snug clothing. How many hours have you worn it for?
Baaaaw. It looks so nice and comfy--- and flat. If I wasn't so over-budget with my cosplay, I'd pick one up myself.
No problem! That was the first thing I did: dress shirts, T-shirts, muscle shirts, I've tried all of them. They had pretty much the same results as the Tri-Top, except I could adjust the bottom so it wasn't billowy. And the results are pretty much the same whether you put it super tight or comfortable. I wore it all day on Halloween! Completely breathable, no crazy hearburn and my ribs were just fine. It was comfy, you just have to get someone else to velcro it so the velcro isn't on your skin. I made that mistake and I was like, "Ugh, itchy" and just had to readjust it. Definitely going to buy one there again when my budget lets me.
Unread 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #43
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

I want to buy from Underworks (the tri top one) and i can't figure out which size i need...i can only remember my band size at the moment. i know i am a 32D (i might be a little bigger). Im assuming my measurement around my boobs is about a 36.

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #44
belligerent
Viking Metal

You should measure yourself and use their system for fitting. Measure under your bazooms (around where your bra band would be), then around the fullest part of your bazooms. Add these together and divide by two, which will give you a number (hopefully) in one of their size ranges. If you are between sizes, err on the side of caution and get the bigger one. If you don't have a tape measure, use a piece of string or a USB cord or something, wrap it around you, then measure that with a flat ruler. Don't guess! Measure yourself and you will know which one to get.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #45
TheMedic
Yokai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonbi View Post
No problem! That was the first thing I did: dress shirts, T-shirts, muscle shirts, I've tried all of them. They had pretty much the same results as the Tri-Top, except I could adjust the bottom so it wasn't billowy. And the results are pretty much the same whether you put it super tight or comfortable. I wore it all day on Halloween! Completely breathable, no crazy hearburn and my ribs were just fine. It was comfy, you just have to get someone else to velcro it so the velcro isn't on your skin. I made that mistake and I was like, "Ugh, itchy" and just had to readjust it. Definitely going to buy one there again when my budget lets me.

Nice! Sounds like a winner. I haven't experienced any heartburn with my tritop, but I do like the idea of being able to adjust the binder. I think that will be the next binder I purchase. Next on the list is to see some pictures of you in them so we can see how well it binds!

I know you just got the thing, but keep us updated as the days go on the durability of the velcro!

~~~AX 2011 & Anime-LA
+Sebastian Michaelis
+Lolita Plague Doctor (original)

Recently joined Facebook ^_^; >> Link! <<
TheMedic is offline   Reply With Quote