Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

There's an older thread around here somewhere...

Anyway, cosplayer in Missouri, and many of you know me. Anyone going to Motaku this weekend?
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #17
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well, I'm actually in Kansas City, KS. But I do attend cons in STL.
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #18
haruhi32
Y.ummy A.nime O.n I.nk XD

Well Technically I live in Kansas too ^-^'' but I am going to Motaku this weekend =3 . I'm going for sure Sunday but Saturday is still iffy because of a school event I have to do that lasts almost all day[till like 4:30 to 5 and starts at around 6:30 in the morning...] ...that I signed up for and I have no idea where my smarts went in that moment....
haruhi32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
CallistaM

I'm in MO and starting to get into cosplay and loving it!

'fraid I am no where near St. Louis through
CallistaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #20
AngelicLotus
Cosplay Junkie~

Welcome CallistaM! Do you have any cosplays planned yet, or plan to attend any conventions?
AngelicLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
haruhi32

@supergeekgirl um... I think I randomly pointed at you and said something about cosplay.com as I was walking by on Saturday (I was the rin walking next to a neji, we were heading towards the lounge) [if you don't remember thats ok] but I wanted to say sorry for just kind of randomly yelling...in my defense we were in a hurry...
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
Sariannah

is there any sort of age limit at the ASTL? there isn't usually, but i'm just wondering. if not, i will almost defenitely be there. also, are you s'posed to go in cosplay??? i know i sound pretty dumb right now, but i just wanna be sure. ))

i live in illinois, but i'm right near st. Louis. ))

reno; FFVII
Sasuke Uchiha; Naruto
Kaito (hopefully!); vocaloid
Sariannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #23
AngelicLotus
Cosplay Junkie~

I don't think there is an age limit; but if you're like 10-13 or so then you might want to bring a parent or sibling, or at least a couple close friends to be around. And you don't have to cosplay, but it's definitely encouraged and it's more fun at a convention if you do cosplay. It's also a good way to meet new people and make new friends who like the same series or character that you do. ^_^
AngelicLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #24
TaoKyuubimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariannah View Post
is there any sort of age limit at the ASTL? there isn't usually, but i'm just wondering. if not, i will almost defenitely be there. also, are you s'posed to go in cosplay??? i know i sound pretty dumb right now, but i just wanna be sure. ))

i live in illinois, but i'm right near st. Louis. ))
No age limit, however most con rules suggest that people 13 and under should have a parent/guardian/whatever.
You don't have to go in cosplay, either. I went to three cons before cosplaying. xDDD
TaoKyuubimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #25
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

How was Motaku? I didn't go because I disliked it so much last year. I'm trying to decide if I should give them another chance next year.
Unread 10-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
rinya

I live about an hour west of STL. I'd love to go to the fall picnic, but I don't know if I can.
rinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #27
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhi32 View Post
@supergeekgirl um... I think I randomly pointed at you and said something about cosplay.com as I was walking by on Saturday (I was the rin walking next to a neji, we were heading towards the lounge) [if you don't remember thats ok] but I wanted to say sorry for just kind of randomly yelling...in my defense we were in a hurry...
AHA! I remember it very well. My husband thought you were talking to him. We both heard, "It's that guy from cosplay.com!" Nice to find you again. Maybe we'll meet at Naka-Kon?

Motaku was... okay this year. I thought it was better last year in some ways and better this year in other ways. I had a good time and got some good art commissions done. It's hard to judge a con because people all want different things. For cosplay, it wasn't great because the contest was poorly organized/run, and there weren't a huge number of shoots or really that many cosplayers at all. The panels were... okay overall. I really liked Samurai Dan, one of their guests. His panels were effing awesome, but the other panels I attended were... meh.

I missed all of the game shows because of having to be at my table, though. They looked awesome from the tiny bit I saw.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
haruhi32

The game shows were sooo much fun ^-^ (coming from the person who was in one of them and got lots of conbucks) they were even fun to just sit there and watch. The cosplay runway was...ok-ish...The rave was cool xD woot woot for dancing for 5 hours straight!~
Quote:
AHA! I remember it very well. My husband thought you were talking to him. We both heard, "It's that guy from cosplay.com!" Nice to find you again. Maybe we'll meet at Naka-Kon?
And you are correct you shall probably see me at Naka-kon for I am going x3
Unread 10-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #29
-sakura-
The pink haired Kunoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaM View Post
I'm in MO and starting to get into cosplay and loving it!

'fraid I am no where near St. Louis through
Well atleast you're having fun cosplaying 8D WOO!
-sakura- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #30
sorrowmadeu
ll Hoot Hoot Hoot ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhi32 View Post
The game shows were sooo much fun ^-^ (coming from the person who was in one of them and got lots of conbucks) they were even fun to just sit there and watch. The cosplay runway was...ok-ish...The rave was cool xD woot woot for dancing for 5 hours straight!~

And you are correct you shall probably see me at Naka-kon for I am going x3

Naka-Kon for sure! :3 I'M SO PUMPED! February just won't come fast enough.
sorrowmadeu is offline   Reply With Quote