Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Unread 09-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Yukikittie

Hello Southwestern Michigan cosplayers!

^_^
I thought that since Southeast has a thread, we should have one too!
I guess a good place to start would be to introduce yourself, and say what cons you attend!
I'll go first.~

My name is Emily, I'm fifteen and a freshman in High school. The town I live in is small, right by the lake, and from where I live, I can get to Indiana in about five to ten minutes!
Given up on where I live? I'm not surprised, New Buffalo is pretty unknown.
I've been cosplaying since 2009, so not that long. My first convention was Anime Central, which I still attend yearly. I did go to Wizard-con in Rosemont over the summer though, and it was a ton of fun....even though I don't know many comics...
Haha, I'm such a cosplay nerd, I even have a cosplay group!
The cosplay group I belong to is called Counting Shooting Stars, CSS for short. It hasn't even been around for a month. (LOL, But we did have our first week anniversary yesterday!)
At first it was going to only be a group for my friends and I, but I realize now how much it sucks to cosplay alone, as I did until this year (Poor lonely first year! xD), and not really know anything who was interested in cosplay.
So now the cosplay group is seriously opened to anyone! Are you a lonely cosplayer who doesn't have any IRL cosplay friends? Well have no fear, CSS is here!
Yay for being cheesy~.

Anyways, introduce yourself! I want to know how many SW Michigan cosplayers there are in this world!

Unread 09-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Phoenix-Moon
Vocaloid Wanna-be

hello~! My name is mackenzie, and im already a part of CSS but i thought i would add my introduction anyway :P
Ok, ill be upfront here, im only 13 (well, i will be in january > ) but im real mature for my age. I live in the same town YukiKittie does, New Buffalo. I got into manga in 4th grade when my friend emily (not YukiKittie XP) was obsessing about L from death note and she recommended that i check the manga out so i did and fell in love! I haven't been cosplaying yet but i am at acen '11 (list of what im cosplaying as in my very large signature)! My first con was ComicCon Chicago '10 (aka WizardCon). My absolute obsession right now is Vocaloid. I first heard about Vocaloid from my canadian friend emily (not YukiKittie or the one who showed me death note XD) but i didnt really think about it until YukiKittie and i talked about it at ComicCon. Now im absolutely in LOVE with it.
so yahhh~ thats me :P
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Yukikittie

:O You already got almost half of your Ritsu Matryoshka costume done?
Blaaa, I'm so busy with school, I'll start on everything come this November.
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Phoenix-Moon
Vocaloid Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukikittie View Post
:O You already got almost half of your Ritsu Matryoshka costume done?
Blaaa, I'm so busy with school, I'll start on everything come this November.
well its cause i already have the pants, boots, sweater and i think the gloves...i just need to bleach the pants and the sweater cause they're dark blue and they need to be like this color or this one
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! DO NOT TRY TO BLEACH PANTS ANOTHER COLOR. DO NOT. Bleaching pants can actually harm the fiber and it might never dye again. Example, my yoga pants. I knelt on the floor while cleaning. The knee is now ORANGE. Yes black pants turned ORANGE. I tried to dye it back but that didn't work so well either. It's faded back to orange.

Try RIT color remover, and then an Acid dye from Dharma Trading Co.

Bleach will RUIN those clothes. DO NOT make the mistake of bleaching them.
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Phoenix-Moon
Vocaloid Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaladyoflight View Post
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! DO NOT TRY TO BLEACH PANTS ANOTHER COLOR. DO NOT. Bleaching pants can actually harm the fiber and it might never dye again. Example, my yoga pants. I knelt on the floor while cleaning. The knee is now ORANGE. Yes black pants turned ORANGE. I tried to dye it back but that didn't work so well either. It's faded back to orange.

Try RIT color remover, and then an Acid dye from Dharma Trading Co.

Bleach will RUIN those clothes. DO NOT make the mistake of bleaching them.
ok XD thank u for telling me this before i ruined the sweater for my zoey cosplay, it has a few light spots it in so i was going to bleach it and re-dye it red but ill try this method instead ^.^

btw, how much does it usually cost? and is it sold in stores or online?
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

You can get the RIT color remover at Joann, Meijer, or WalMart as well as online. I recommend ordering acid dye from DharmaTrading.com

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/en...lnav=dyes.html link right to the acid dyes. The color selection is vast, and the dyes are great. I've used them. You should only need the tiny pots, and even then you won't use all of it.
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
BlindOtakuChan
The Title Says It All

Hello. I am eighteen. Even though I was born in Paraguay, I now live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. My first convention was JFAX in 2008. I don't have a license, so I can't drive, but if it's near a bu stop I'll try to do anything! Carpooling would be awesome too! Right now I am in the mist of making a Kairi Cosplay from Kingdom Hearts II. I want to wear it to Shutocon. Is anyone else going?

Last edited by BlindOtakuChan : 01-17-2011 at 11:02 AM.
BlindOtakuChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
merokothebunny

Hi! My name's Catherine and I'm 17. I live in Flushing and I'm going to Shutocon too. :3
merokothebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #10
Crepsley

Hello; I'm Emily, 16, and live in Muskegon.
So far, I've gone to NMACon for two years, and this year was my first for Jafax.
As for going to Shutocon, it mainly depends on school. [Yuck.]
Crepsley is offline   Reply With Quote