Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 10-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
Dominic

Kingdom Hearts Cloud

Any help, anyone? Materials, patterns, anything? Cold, lost and hungry n00blar cosplayer needs help. Anything appreciated....anything!
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Catpaw
Beyond the Viewing Window

PM Lord Masamune, he has all the info...
Catpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2003, 04:23 PM   #3
Machiko
watashi wa ningyoushi!

Lord Masamune IS Cloud.

yum.
Machiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2003, 04:51 PM   #4
SephirothXer0
Dead Thread King

Lord Masamune IS never on and never and hasn't answered any of my PMs (just to let you know)

But he does make one hell of a Cloud
Save our race. Know the truth

Official Member of the Turtle Hermit Club
SephirothXer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #5
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

I've been struggling with this costume myself. I have yet to actually complete the KH version of could but I'd done the FFVII version and am on my way to completing the KH version.

So far I've been pretty lucky with finding the turtle neck and pants at good will and other inexpensive clothing stores like anything that has "Fashion" in its title. I was going to order a wig from katie blair but she doesn't make cloud wigs any more (because they never lived through shipping) which is the same place his Lordship ordered his from. Some time Katie is supposed to post a tutorial on her web site for making that wig as well as several others.

I can probably help you with the armor some. Mine turned out nicely but I had some trouble trying to get it to stay on my shoulder (I ended up using a load of safty pins, but it worked.) PM me and I'll tell you how I did it.

Check out my My Web Page and My dA Page
kdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 08:31 PM   #6
dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn

I just got back from buying a few materials for KH cloud, so I'll tell you what I got...

I picked up a pair of demon wings, you can find those at most costume shops. I'm going to cut off the right wing. Get a Freddy Krueger type razor glove, cut off some of the points, and paint it yellow from the first finger joint down. I got a plastic knight's helm and tore off the visor, it looks identical to the shoulder bangle, I just have to put 3 flat screws through it. I'll use a strip of spandex to strap it to my shoulder. I also got four studded bracelets: 2 bracelets, and 2 chokers. The chokers go around my arm, and the bracelets go around my wrist.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up a bit of corering foam and fiberglass apoxy resin (thanks, Monoyasha) for the sword... I have an authentic steel version, but I fear it won't be allowed into the expo. I'm also going to a clothing store for gloves and arm-tights, and a fabric store for the cape and straps. I'm also going to get a wig, even though I already have the hair... I don't want to spend an hour styling it just to wash it off when the expo is over. This is forever.

Well, good luck.
Unread 10-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #7
RaveSleeper
Neji-Kun

i know what you mean about Lord Masamune never being on but he prolly has about 500000 pms about help with KH cloud costumes..
what i was gonna do is take sheet metal to make the leg armor and find something for the arm. Definatly use Amethyst angel's guild for the claw and the sword prolly do something out of foam but its a pain in the but to work ( last time i used it for Haru's (from groove adventure rave) 10 commandments and its was a complete flop). anyway we should keep helping each other out cause the master is never around anymore ^_^ i think im gonna draw out some other stuff to use for the costume
Unread 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
Gren
Gender Bender

He's probably around... just... terrified of all the PMs. He also may want to sort of keep his techniques to himself. He had to go and figure all this out, and wants others to try figuring things out for themselves. Nothing wrong with that.
Unread 10-28-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
RaveSleeper
Neji-Kun

yeah i would want to keep some of my stuff to myself but i just want to know what he used for his stuff thats all. Does anyone know what he used for Clouds leg armor and the armor on his arms? the leg armor looks kinda like sheet metal but it could just be a really good paint job
RaveSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #10
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

You guys, when someone asks help on a costume, telling them to PM someone is NOT a way to give them help, esspecially if you're NOT the person who's being PMed. Lord Masamune may not LIKE every single person wanting to do a KH cloud costume PMing him asking him how HE did it. If you have REAL suggestions to give to someone about accually making the costume, then post them, don't tell them to PM someone. That's just so rude to Lord Masamune.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:00 PM   #11
lainey
D2R Cosplay

*feels sorry for Lord Masamune*

maybe he should just give some tips in a thread so people can stop harassing him

*takes notes*
my friend is going as Cloud KH and I need some ideas LoL
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #12
RaveSleeper
Neji-Kun

personally id rather not bug him about my costume cause i don't know him very well all i know is hes got a great costume. Anyway guys help on the question i asked would be great. I just want opinions and ideas ill make this stuff myself. Lord Masamune prolly has a ton of pms right now including mine i figure its better if we don't bother him for help and just bounce ideas of each other. Also guys try to keep the topic on track if you don't want to help don't but i would be really greatful if you did lend in your 2 cents otherwise if your not gonna help don't post ok ^_^ (sorry if that sounds a little negative im really not a mean guy at all)
Unread 10-29-2003, 05:05 PM   #13
SephirothXer0
Dead Thread King

I would say using foam for the leg armor, layer it like samurai armor, then cut out the claw-things. I would suggest making the buster sword from white pine, but that may be a little heavy for you. The part I think would be the most trouble would be the hair...
Save our race. Know the truth

Official Member of the Turtle Hermit Club
SephirothXer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 06:37 PM   #14
RaveSleeper
Neji-Kun

im def getting a wig from my friend and im makeing the sword out of the pink isulation foam (yeah wood is to heavy and the handle won't be able to support the blade). the foam for the leg armor is a good idea unless anyone knows anyone that knows how to work sheet metal cause that would be cool. For the claw im gonna use stuff from Amethyst
Angel's guide for the Vincent claws but only do the hand

Last edited by RaveSleeper : 10-29-2003 at 11:24 PM.
Unread 10-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #15
Gren
Gender Bender

Looks like it's molded plastic to me, with metallic spraypaint. None of his acessories have that pounded metal look. I like fake metal. think is photographs well. He probably found something that had the lip-like thing on the bottom, cut them, and attached.