Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Unread 09-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Yukikittie

Miku Nitamago Meltdown Remix dress HELP!

Hello fellow cosplay.com members...I am in a bit of a pickle.
http://www.hellocosplay.com/images/c...-costume-1.jpg
^ I am making that.
This will be my first time ever sewing clothing. I have the fabric, and the green tape for the front, but I have some questions about sewing this:
1. Like in the hello cosplay.com costume, should I make the green front part the zipper? Or just put a zipper in the back?
2. The pattern that I obtained is the one for Rin's dress, is there some pattern for a dress like Miku's?
3. Let's say there isn't. For Rin's Meltdown costume, the pattern I have has four parts, then you sew the four parts together.
http://www.biyolojiyardim.com/wp-con...%20cosplay.jpg
Obviously with a little editing of the pattern, I can make four parts so when I put them together, it'll look like Miku's design.
So, for Rin's, there is one white front part, one black front part, and then the same for the back of the dress, one white part, and one black part.
However for Miku's dress, The four sections aren't just one color, like Rin's. I'm wondering, should I still make the four separate parts, the two white, and the two black, and then sew the dress together so it looks like Rin's, and then add the other parts? Or should I just make the dress all white, and add the black parts?

Good luck figuring out what I just said. And thank you for your help.

Unread 09-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
daylight
Sugar Junkie

I cant answer all of your questions because I dont know much about altering patterns, sorry XD

but I think you should make the green part the zipper in the front. it will save you some work and I think you should sew all four parts together, not make it white and add the black, because it won't look as neat
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Yukikittie

Thank you so much!