Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
CelestialShadow

cosplay workshop

Hey everyone I have this idea for once a month to have a cosplay meet and greet at my condo where we can discuss our latest projects, work on projects, take photos and just socialize and eat food =P

How many people would be interested and what weekend would work for you? I have not decided yet what time of month to do this as I want to hear feedback from everyone first. There will be a 500 yen per person charge for snacks and usage of my machines/materials/home.

I live in Sumida-ku Tokyo, just a few minutes walk from Kanegafuchi station. I live in a 3 bedroom condo and I have sewing supplies and equipment everyone can use. My home also is themed, it looks like a victorian country home on the inside complete with antique furniture and houseplants so its pretty nice for doing photography in my living room and tatami room. I will try to post pictures later (i need to clean up here first)

I have two cats so you must be comfortable with that, they are the masters of the home so i cant make them go away or lock them in another room. They are very nice cats btw and love people very much. Please don`t be afraid of them.

So let me know what you all think alright?

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
DanRSL
repatriated :<

Wow, this not only sounds like an awesome idea, but I'd love to come see your themed house and play with your cats.

When I come back (someday, hopefully soon), I'd love to come and hang out and discuss our craft and current projects. I hope it all works out!
DanRSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wish I could Though if you have one in the last week of Dec/first week of Jan (ie. around Winter Comiket) I have at least some slim chance of attending... and will probably be crashing with you anyway :P

btw. November's Yorustar is in Tokyo.

PLEASE check it out. I'll be bitter over here with all the Kansai-ites waiting for it to come back in December.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Masonkun
Superbadass

same here i can only really make it at the end of dec for winter comiket. I mean if you have it around that time it could make for a really cool pre or after party
Masonkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Toshiro-sama

woo i like the idea!!!!
just tell me when and where is the meetiong and ill be there.
For me its better after oct 12.
Toshiro-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
DigiSlug

Sounds awesome. I've been wandering around Japan being bored and stuff because I'm too afraid to talk to people.
Katsucon 2014
Next event:
(Hopefully)
Winter Comiket 2014
Final Fantasy Fan Festival 2014 Tokyo.
DigiSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
RookBartly
Bass Playing Otaku

I like the idea. I live in Fussa-shi, Tokyo so I'm not too far. I can bring my tool box of goodies for leather working and other stuff.

"There is no coincidence in this world. There is only hitsuzen." -Yuko Ichihara
RookBartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
CelestialShadow

Cool beans, Im so happy people responded to this lol. I think I will set the first get together for some time in January because of winter comiket coming up, my schedule is pretty busy and the new years is going to kick my behind for sure so stay tuned, I will try to coordinate a day for us the near future!

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote