Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Haevyn
Haevyn-Chama

Question Need help loosing weight for cosplay

i know you've probably heard this a million times: I need to loose weight for my cosplay, i must loose ___ many pounds before____con. I guess thats my story too:

I am about 5'6, 5'7 ish i think, i weigh 174.5 lbs, and i need to loose like, all the 74.5 pounds by April for Anime Boston, where I will be attempting a Len cosplay. Please, everyone, I need your help! I need tips on loosing weight easy and fast, and eating right. I'm kind of a picky eater, so..yeah. I do love meats and grains though ; 3 ; any tips, skinny cosplays of the cosplay world? Please, I truly need your help -whimper/sadface-
Haevyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haevyn View Post
i know you've probably heard this a million times: I need to loose weight for my cosplay, i must loose ___ many pounds before____con. I guess thats my story too:

I am about 5'6, 5'7 ish i think, i weigh 174.5 lbs, and i need to loose like, all the 74.5 pounds by April for Anime Boston, where I will be attempting a Len cosplay. Please, everyone, I need your help! I need tips on loosing weight easy and fast, and eating right. I'm kind of a picky eater, so..yeah. I do love meats and grains though ; 3 ; any tips, skinny cosplays of the cosplay world? Please, I truly need your help -whimper/sadface-
well first and foremost, Welcome to cosplay.com! If you haven't already, Jump to the introductions board and say hi to everyone!

As far as weight loss is concerned, take your time browsing our Thread Directory (click it ) which will answer pretty much all of your questions. And feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Haevyn
Haevyn-Chama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
well first and foremost, Welcome to cosplay.com! If you haven't already, Jump to the introductions board and say hi to everyone!

As far as weight loss is concerned, take your time browsing our Thread Directory (click it ) which will answer pretty much all of your questions. And feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
thank you for the advice, i'll go to the intoductions page, and i'll click the clicky thingy~
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Welcome. I'm new here too. And my best suggestion would be no soda. Seriously, just cutting soda out of your diet can help you shed up to 10 lbs. No kidding. Hey, it's a start anyway.
Unread 09-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #5
SavageAqua
Wannabe Aqua Cosplayer

At 100lbs, your BMI would be about 15 and you'd be severely underweight, sweetie.

If I were you, I'd try to get your goal weight to 140lbs - that way, you'll have a BMI of about 22, which is in the healthy range. And it's a bit more realistic than trying to lose 74.5lbs.
SavageAqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

74 lbs is extreme and unhealthy to be honest. Don't entirely go by the BMI - it's not all that accurate - but go by your fat percentage and measurements. Especially if your weight starts to fluctuate, you may be gaining muscle along with losing fat. Keep in mind everyone has a different body structure and just because one person looks good at a certain weight doesn't mean you will. There's no easy and fast way to lose weight AND keep it off. It's taken me around 6 months to lose 40 pounds. If you want it you're going to have to work hard at eating healthy and exercising at least 3 days a week. Go for cardio...whether it's an elliptical machine at the gym or running around your neighborhood.
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
Kasinator
Not quite human

Please continue this post in the losing weight and cosplay thread. We have several threads similar to this one, all of which are given thorough attention and answered. we are trying to keep this board organized and repeat topics such as this one are making this board more confusing to new users.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
Haevyn
Haevyn-Chama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
Please continue this post in the losing weight and cosplay thread. We have several threads similar to this one, all of which are given thorough attention and answered. we are trying to keep this board organized and repeat topics such as this one are making this board more confusing to new users.
not quite sure how to do that..considering I am a new user xD -is stupid-

http://demonwolf54.deviantart,com/

Len Kagamine - Imitation BLACK: 5% complete
Unread 10-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
RhymenKyo

Honestly all it takes is eating right. Rather than snacking on chips snack on a fruit or veggie you enjoy. Rather than eating a big greasly pizza eat a salad. Think of it like this which is easier? Spending an hour of excercise burning off those 500 calories you just ate from dessert or being able to spend an hour burning off the calories you already ate. Don't go eating nothing because I just said that but think about what you eat before you eat it. Also before you eat, drink a glass of water before you do. Half the time we feel hungry is really because were just dehydrated

For that extra umph, I'd recomend jogging start off with just running till you get tired then start making goals. My dad recently started running again and with in the month he was able to run 5 miles easily.

Don't be afraid to endulge yourself once and a while, eating a sweet once or twice a week will keep off the cravings

Good Luck!!
~Rin from Vocaloid~

I'm a newbie at making it from scratch so I will probably get annoying with my stupid questions... so if you got advice I'm all ears
RhymenKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haevyn View Post

It's already been pointed out at 5'6 - 5'7 100 pounds is wayyyyyy too light

NEVER USE WEIGHT AS A MEASUREMENT OF PROGRESS

body fat % is the only real way to measure TRUE progress. Also dieting doesn't mean eating less, it can mean EAT MORE of better foods. First off get the book EAT THIS NOT THAT is a great start under $10 usually at wal-mart etc. Then a solid cookbook or a recipe site online. Then learning how many calories you should hit to lose weight.

If your incorporating exercise AND diet then you have to re-evaluate the calorie intake. Too many people over shoot their exercise and go on too strict of a diet.

If you take in 1,500 calories, and burn 500 calories through exercise you can eat extra 500 calories without ever gaining a pound of fat. (as long as you don't have a hypo thyroidism - aka hormone imbalance)

Under no circumstances your intake should go any lower than 1,200 under medical advisement. If your eating 1,200 calories, burning 1,000 at the gym, remember do NOT eat anyless than whatever you burn, but you should actually eat more than you burn to stay healthy.

Just cause you burned 500 calories at the gym doesn't mean your body doesn't literally burn more rebuilding your muscles and recovering after the exercise.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
bkyoung

whaoh thats extremely unhealthy. plus, if your 175 atm and loose 75 lbs your going to be left with alot of loose skin. just eat 2k calories a day with no sugar and low fats, run 2 miles a day and whatever weight your at thats your natural weight. i went from 260 to 200 from AGES 14-15 and my skin is loose and flabby from that so i know what happens .
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote