Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 82 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #586
EsapdaLexa

Stocking Dress Cosplay

Hello! Im a beginner at cosplaying anything and ive decided to do Stocking for my first cosplay but ive never sewn before in my life. I have a sewing machine and my grandmother sews so i can get some help from her.
But what are some tips or dress patterns i could use for Stocking (the regular dress). And is Stocking's cosplay too hard for a beginner?
Thank You!
R U MINE?
EsapdaLexa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #587
ghostkomokhiru
Too tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsapdaLexa View Post
Hello! Im a beginner at cosplaying anything and ive decided to do Stocking for my first cosplay but ive never sewn before in my life. I have a sewing machine and my grandmother sews so i can get some help from her.
But what are some tips or dress patterns i could use for Stocking (the regular dress). And is Stocking's cosplay too hard for a beginner?
Thank You!
Good choice for your first cosplay~
I would say Stocking's dress is definitely not too hard for a beginner, if you've NEVER sewed anything before though, like you said, you probably should start with something a little bit easier.
If your grandma helps you, however, and has been sewing clothes for a long time, you should be fine.
Just make sure to make a mockup first, so you don't waste your expensive fabric.

On other news.... my new Angel Stocking cosplay is officially done. I'm so much happier with it than my old one, and it will be debuted at Anime Expo 2014- I'm still seeking an Anarchy Panty for the morning of day 1, but will be with my Angel Panty on day 3, if you can find us ((we'll be in and out of private photoshoots)) take a picture.
Rock your Disney Side- Vanellope von Schweetz
Anime Expo- Anarchy Stocking, Madoka Kaname, Mew Ichigo
Kumoricon- Anarchy Stocking ((Angel and school)), Mew Ichigo
Rose City Comic Con- Rainbow Dash, Vanellope von Schweetz
Halloween- Fionna the Human
Tokyo Disneyland- Vanellope von Schweetz
ghostkomokhiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #588
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsapdaLexa View Post
Thank You!
I agree with ghost that it's not that hard even for a beginner. I made mine..You don't even need to know how to make the white collar blouse piece..You can use an existing blouse like I did and sew it to the collar/whatever of the dress. The dress you will need to look up tutorials on these specific pieces: Princess seam, Puff Sleeve, Circle Skirt. Those are the 3 pieces of the dress. The top is where you'd use the princess seams, they make it so that it fits more tight in the waist. Along with the puff sleeve, I made a tube the right size for my arm to fit in and sewed that to the cuff of the puff sleeve. I used white trim that was not matching the original design though so you can do that stuff however you want.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 03:10 AM   #589
ghostkomokhiru
Too tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I agree with ghost that it's not that hard even for a beginner. I made mine..You don't even need to know how to make the white collar blouse piece..You can use an existing blouse like I did and sew it to the collar/whatever of the dress. The dress you will need to look up tutorials on these specific pieces: Princess seam, Puff Sleeve, Circle Skirt. Those are the 3 pieces of the dress. The top is where you'd use the princess seams, they make it so that it fits more tight in the waist. Along with the puff sleeve, I made a tube the right size for my arm to fit in and sewed that to the cuff of the puff sleeve. I used white trim that was not matching the original design though so you can do that stuff however you want.
To double up on this and make it super easy-

Buy a white blouse to wear underneath the dress.
Just sew a black dress with a rather long circle skirt, I think? You could also try gathering the waist of the skirt and sewing the blue band to it, then just hemming the bottom and wearing a petticoat underneath of it.
For the top, yes, princess seams would be the way to do it.

Puff sleeves you can use the way I made my Mew Ichigo arm sleeves. Just cut a long rectangle up, using a running stitch, sew both sides and pull, gathering it, then sew it in a tube like thing. Works really well. Then just sew that to the sleeve of the top piece of the dress. For the part below the puff sleeves, just make a tube like JasonTerror said~ Bottom of the sleeves is obvious.

Super easy dress if you have a sewing machine and someone who knows how to sew :3 Hope I could be of some help.
Rock your Disney Side- Vanellope von Schweetz
Anime Expo- Anarchy Stocking, Madoka Kaname, Mew Ichigo
Kumoricon- Anarchy Stocking ((Angel and school)), Mew Ichigo
Rose City Comic Con- Rainbow Dash, Vanellope von Schweetz
Halloween- Fionna the Human
Tokyo Disneyland- Vanellope von Schweetz
ghostkomokhiru is offline   Reply With Quote