Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #61
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I'm pondering the use of liquid latex for a kneesock cosplay...
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #62
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I'm pondering the use of liquid latex for a kneesock cosplay...
I am doing a character soon who has to be covered head to toe in gray. I am using an airbrush machine myself...Tell me how the liquid latex goes :P

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #63
Bravo

EP7 is out, omg it's amazing. There are so many new outfits for Panty and Stocking.
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #64
Myunstern

At first, I was going to cosplay as Stocking because, well, she is just so freaking adorable, but after I thought about it, her normal outfit might not be the best thing in Texas summer, so I decided to do Scanty.

I was looking into airbrushing myself also and I found this really helpful review/tutorial on PAX body paint that DireKitty and HEYOashley mentioned however I am also looking at an alcohol based airbrush paint.

I've been told that it does not wear off unless you use alcohol, so, eh, we'll see how it goes. I'm going to buy it and test it properly under typical Texas weather conditions -- so that means around March or April when it starts getting hot.

How should I style Scanty's hair? I mean, it's an unnatural shape! Should it be curly or wavy? *n*
Picture reference:
http://scantyandkneesocks.tumblr.com/post/1556726693
Myunstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #65
Myunstern

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYOashley View Post
I am doing a character soon who has to be covered head to toe in gray. I am using an airbrush machine myself...Tell me how the liquid latex goes :P
If you don't mind me asking, what brand of paint will you be using?
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #66
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myunstern View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what brand of paint will you be using?
It's a not-too-common brand yet...I think. It's called OCCosmetics and I am using the OCCosmetics paint and their machine. It works really well. Very fluid. You have to keep looking at yourself in natural lighting though to make sure you're even in certain areas. Sometimes you look darker/lighter than you really are in the bathroom. You do have to get someone to cover the hard to reach places usually, so teach someone ahead of time how to spray it on smoothly.

I'll be doing a test try once my wig comes in for the costume.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #67
shortpixie89

My cousin got me into the show and we've already got a group planned for Youmacon 2011 :3
I'll be cosplaying Panty in her transformation outfit, my friend will be Stocking in her transformation outfit, my bf is going to be Brief or Chuck, and a friend of ours is going to be Garterbelt. My friend and I are also planning on making Panty and Stocking rave outfits yay! Also, I'll be doing Panty's normal outfit (the red dress) for ACen 2011 with a different friend who will be doing Stocking's normal outfit (loli dress). I cannot wait to do this cosplay! If you guys have any tips or anything let me know and I'll do the same
Also, I loved Kneesocks and Scanty as well and I hope to cosplay them one day as well.
shortpixie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:42 AM   #68
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

After telling my sister about my immediate plans for Stocking, she said she'd cosplay fem!Brief (or as we/fans have dubbed her, Bra) so I won't be alone~ I might be able to convince my best friend to go as Panty. I severely doubt it, but I'll try. >w<

8D So I can't wait to make progress~
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #69
Myunstern

Quote:
It's a not-too-common brand yet...I think. It's called OCCosmetics and I am using the OCCosmetics paint and their machine. It works really well. Very fluid. You have to keep looking at yourself in natural lighting though to make sure you're even in certain areas. Sometimes you look darker/lighter than you really are in the bathroom. You do have to get someone to cover the hard to reach places usually, so teach someone ahead of time how to spray it on smoothly.

I'll be doing a test try once my wig comes in for the costume.

I've heard about OCCosmetics' lip glosses, but I've never seen their entire line -- they have A LOT of airbrush colors which is really cool. I am looking at an alcohol based paint from EnduraColor as I've had bad experience with water based paints....

www.occmakeup.com/newskin.html

It says that it is "Moveable and blendable for on-set touch-ups" but is "water resistant, sweat and tearproof". So, my question is, if you go to the bathroom, you can wash your hands with no problem, but if you sit on the toilet or move your garments around too much, the color might smudge. Did you experience any smudging? I'm just curious how it works
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #70
Myunstern

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePokitaru View Post
I am so glad there is a thread for this!. I am working on a Kneesocks cosplay, and I am having a bit of a problem trying to find a wig for her!. Any help would be wonderful!.
I think you will have to get one of those short plain wigs with long bangs and a clip in fall like the Miku cosplayers have but only use one clip rather than two.

These two ebay listings are two good examples:

example 1, example 2
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #71
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myunstern View Post
I've heard about OCCosmetics' lip glosses, but I've never seen their entire line -- they have A LOT of airbrush colors which is really cool. I am looking at an alcohol based paint from EnduraColor as I've had bad experience with water based paints....

www.occmakeup.com/newskin.html

It says that it is "Moveable and blendable for on-set touch-ups" but is "water resistant, sweat and tearproof". So, my question is, if you go to the bathroom, you can wash your hands with no problem, but if you sit on the toilet or move your garments around too much, the color might smudge. Did you experience any smudging? I'm just curious how it works
So far I have only used it on my face. I will get back to you when I have to spray my body. I am avoiding any body parts that will be partially covered. Such as my butt and chest haha, so I don't think the toilet thing is an issue. But, no, I would not recommend washing your hands.

I will get back to you on that. I am also going to call someone about how to keep it set longer.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #72
Melodious Nocturne
~*Melodious Angel*~

So I'm cosplaying angel stocking. Anybody know some good shoes?
Sayaka Miki - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Melodious Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #73
Myunstern

Quote:
So far I have only used it on my face. I will get back to you when I have to spray my body. I am avoiding any body parts that will be partially covered. Such as my butt and chest haha, so I don't think the toilet thing is an issue. But, no, I would not recommend washing your hands.

I will get back to you on that. I am also going to call someone about how to keep it set longer.
I think you can set the airbrush paint either by a clear coat of some setting spray (I can't remember if it was OCCosmetics or some other brand, LOL, sorry!) or some translucent powder, but yeah, totally! Get back to me on that! I would love to know!

So if you did wash your hands, it will go away? Are we talking about just rinsing your hands with water or washing it with soap? If it goes away with just water, how can you drink? Straw I guess? :P
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #74
Myunstern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious Nocturne View Post
So I'm cosplaying angel stocking. Anybody know some good shoes?

Picture of her shoes

I thought you were going to be Panty :O But, uh, I personally would go to a Good Will or a thrift store to find that kind of shoe and paint. There is a specific kind of paint you should use so it will bend with your shoes rather than crack. I forget what kind, but if you're interested in that, I would look into it. I suggest this method because realistically, I would never wear silver/white shoes and I see no point in buying a $30+ on a NEW pair, something you might not be able to find at this time of the year. Does that make any sense? LOL /ramble
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #75
Myunstern

okay, I think another way to say all of that in one sentence is this: I can't justify buying silver/white shoes because I don't like that color and can't incorporate it into my everyday wear. There.