Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 10-06-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
TristenCitrine
The ORANGE Life

A big thank you!

I'd like to say thank you to EVERYONE who attended and participated in the cosplay events at this year's Ani-Magic! Thank you for making them a very great and memorable experience!

As most of you know, Cosplay.com donated a fabulously generous $500 in cash for some of the masquerade prizes. Best in Show won $300, and best veteran individual, best veteran group, best novice individual and best novice group won $50 respectively. I thank Kyle and Adella from the bottom of my heart for doing this for the Ani-Magic Masquerade. You did not need to do this and it was dearly appreciated!

In addition, Kyle and Adella both filmed and photographed the Cosplay Revue Show and the Masquerade. They generously gave their time, equipment, tape, "film" (as a relative term )and love of this hobby to record these events for posterity. Thank you dearly for that!

Neither of these cosplay events would have been possible without the WONDERFUL staff Lisa and I were blessed with. Claire, Nessa, Red, Cody,Laura and Leanna- thank you. You all were fabulous and deserving of much praise! Lisa Honeychan I extend special thanks to for being there all year, helping around every little detail, and making the adorable neko-treats for our judges. Claire and Nessa were also INVALUABLE backstage and during the stressful times. Thank you so much! We couldn't have done it without you!

There were a lot of behind the scenes people who helped as well- Rob Miles, the sound guys, Rey Rey and his elegant flock of mau-mau-mau girls (and of course miss Jean!), Tetsugyu et. al for the great opening Matrix skit, USAMusume for all their wildly entertaining performances, security for hanging out backstage, Karisusama and family for generously providing backstage photos and backdrops for posing, con-ops, and Revell Walker and everyone on Ani-Magic staff who came to the aid of the cosplayers. Thank you all!

Then there were the judges- Mike Toole, Prairie Rose Clayton, Keith Burgess, Sue Ulu, Aimee Major and G-Chan. Thank you so much for judging the show! I admire you all for making the tough decisions with style and I hope you had fun! Cheers to every one of you!

Of course, the cosplayers! Everyone in the Revue was so great and entertaining... thank you for being a part of it! The cosplayers in the masquerade- I have to say this has been the best year for costuming yet! Thank you for continuing to make Ani-Magic truly an Autumn dream.

To the Hizashigumi- Thank you for sharing in my dream, I feel so deeply honored to work with every one of you, Annie, Nessa, Sheila, Lisa and Claire, thank you again... we did it, ladies!!

Most of all, I want to thank everyone who I was lucky enough to meet, and EVERYONE who attended the Revue and the Masquerade. Without the audience, there is no show. Thank you very very dearly, every one of you!

Here's to another great Ani-Magic... Cheers!

Tristen Citrine

Last edited by TristenCitrine : 10-06-2003 at 05:02 PM.
TristenCitrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
waynekaa
Evil USA Musume Producer

Yay Char! You and Lisa did a fantastico job organizing the Revue and Masquerade! Thankies to the Honey chan and CHAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Char's and Lisas deserving some loving too.

Last edited by waynekaa : 10-06-2003 at 03:57 PM.
waynekaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 04:18 PM   #3
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

I heard the masquerade was a hit, great job all! Sorry we couldn't stay for it, we realized that we had rehearsal all that night and prepare for auditions the next morning. (rehearsal is for a professional performance at a Japanese cultural convention in 2 weeks).

Congratulations on another sucessful masq!

~Gina
Sailor JAM-Boree
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
katchoo
Gaming Angel

I thought the masq was extremely entertaining even if it started a bit late. Great job!
katchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
Taisou

Sorry about the late start all, that was kinda because I wasn't told we were gonna be in it until ten minutes before the thing got started. So, it was fun that way though ^^
Those handcuffs though O_O it woulda been funny if id have fallen on one of the agents LOL

-Taisou Shinkou

http://nuriko.virtualave.net/EOCBanner.gif http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/4252ShowLetter.gif You wanna be on a Box of Wheeties?
"No... count Chocula." Aha! A Clue Cherlock!
Taisou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

You Nate......are the man............... you guys just rocked.. so much.

You're welcome Tristen. We love animagic and wanted to contribute something to it to give to the cosplayers who won <3

The revue show was FABULOUS.
Unread 10-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

Okay. I'll talk. ^___^ v

In my opinion, our second time around doing this was better than the first. Going into it, we knew we had to get the crowd involved; even if it meant being a "villain" towards everybody. We wanted everbody to have a great time; and we believe we accomplished that.

We picked up the Neko Twins for help within weeks of AM and they provided a tremendous lift to the show. Seeing as Jean did a cat-girl outfit last year, we tripled it in this show and it became a BIGGER HIT than we ever dreamed. Yeah, I know the MEOWING got overplayed and some of the irritation on my part was actually legitimate BECAUSE of the OVERPLAYED MEOWING. But that's okay. If the crowd loved it, then we did our job. Masquerade is supposed to be entertaining for everybody, after all.

Speaking of entertaining, I'd like to thank the Black Mages (Magi is plural, isn't it?) for providing another HUGE lift for the show. People were asking me about it beforehand but since he was such the huge hit in 2002, we brought TWO of them this time around. Who knows what will happen next year?

The pool was just... cold. I can't swim but that's okay. I gotta be bad at SOMETHING, right? >=D

Jean and I would definitely want to do this again if people want us to.

Ani-Magic 2003 Cosplay Under The Stars Co-MC,
Rey-Rey

Yes, me. The one that talks about bulldogs, soy sauce, and steak. Believe that, playa. ^__^ v
Unread 10-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #8
Kusanagi
Pimp of the Caribbean

Hey Rey Rey -

Woof Woof.

"Superman is great. He can spout off something about quantum physics, fly three times around a tree in Guam, and a black hole opens and swallows up the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse." - Pretearwink
Kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 05:53 PM   #9
Kinovas
Picture Monster

It was all great. Both all the stage people did a awesome job.

Rey-Rey is the pimp.
Kinovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 06:04 PM   #10
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

I'd also like to thank Mira, Matt, and Adella for the "WHERE IS CLOUD?" interlude. ^__^ v
Unread 10-06-2003, 06:20 PM   #11
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

._.\/ *twiddles her thumbs* Wish I coulda gone...

XD I'm glad everything went well!! Yaaaay Tristen Citrine! Yaaaaay Rey Rey and Jean!! Yaaay USAMusume! (Go Annie, mau mau mau XD) Yaaaay to Revell for being the cause of everything, and Cosplay.com Kyle and Adella for r0xx0ring everyone's b0xx0rz! And Yaaaaaaaaaaay to everyone who helped make everything happen.

...Yeah. Thats what I should say, if I actually went. But I can still at least be happy everything went smoothy, muehe!! *sits in corner and sews, and waits for Katsu*
Unread 10-06-2003, 07:30 PM   #12
Aya Mizu
Sakurairo

Mauuuuuuu =^.^=

Hi hi, this is Annie from Hizashigumi and USA Musume and I just want to say thank you to everyone for the wonderful turn-out in all the events and hope you all enjoyed what you saw!

My thank yous that may or may not have been mentioned in my journal to:

Revell, congratulations on yet another successful con year and I'm glad to have been a part of it once more Can't wait for next year!

The gals of UM for making this busy con a fun one and I can't wait to do it again soon!

Tristen, Lisa, Claire, Nessa, Lilli, and Sheila for the comradarie and dedication to making our group work as well as the wonderful outcome of the Cosplay Revue, and thanks to our participants in the show as well! You all did splendidly!

Great big thanks go out to Kyle/Admin and Sarah/Adella just for being such very cool people in general and for the dedication they show in all their work for Cosplay.com!

To G-chan, who is an absolute delight to meet and I hope I can see you again sometime in the near future! I hope you and Kevin have a wonderful time on your trip and I'd love to hear the awesome stories you're sure to have from experiencing the history and spookiness XD

Though it was brief, it was also a pleasure to meet Prarie and Mike and Prarie makes such a cute Erika! Love the costume

Aimee, AJ, Moo, Ziggy, Dez, Daanish for being you and it was great to see you all there. Hope to see you all again very soon *hugs to all*

Karisu for being just wonderful in being there and for her hugs. And her group for the hilarious Matrix skit! I loved the Morpheus cosplayer's dancing xD Just awesome.

Rey, Jean, Nekos, Mira, and Matt, great job on the Masquerade interludes and it was very cute! ^^ Hope to see you guys fairly soon.

Otherwise, it was great seeing anyone I might have not mentioned personally and I apologize if I didn't. The first day back from a con is always the hardest to get back into ^^;
Aya Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 07:40 PM   #13
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

I had fun doing Masquerade (random Matrix Agent). Thanks for letting us do it.

Escapist Magazine anime critic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti.../reviews/anime
K_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #14
Maikaerin
Ooo da lolly!

*Wishes with all her heart that she could have made it, but ya know. Shit happens...*

I'm glad that everything ran smoothly and that (from what i have read/heard) you have all had a fantastic time! ^^ Yay for all!
Unread 10-07-2003, 01:13 AM   #15
Mandy Mitchell
Mars Fire Ignite!

Thank you, Tristen, for all of the hard work you put into the Cosplay Karaoke Revue and the Masquerade! I had such a blast!
Mandy Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote