Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 10-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Edo-Chan
Teh Chibi Cosplayer~! =3

Ash's vest and Hat? Pokemon

So, I really need help with this. The con I'm going to is next weekend, and I'm on a budget... (because of my other cosplays). This was really a last minute cosplay, and I have everything exept the hat and vest. I'm doing the first season Ash, and was wondering how I could make the vest and hat fast? I sadly own no blue jacket... I thought I did, but when I looked around... I couldn't find anything, and my friends don't own one either...
I'm going to buy a hat this week and modify it... But how would I start with that? I was thinking of going as him without the vest and being "PJ Ash."
... Would that work?

Ref: http://www.pokemon-pearl-diamond.com...sh-ketchum.gif
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...4-1024-768.jpg

~Thanks. =3
-Ritsuka(Loveless)

Cosplay plans for 2010/2011:
-Preteen Trunks(DBZ)
-Rukia(Bleach)
-Yuffie(Final Fantasy)
-Near(Death Note)
-Italy(Hetalia)
Edo-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
YukinaKipling

I'd say get a jacket pattern and just build it from scratch. Joanns is having a fabric sale going on with two coupons for 50% off regular price. The cheapest cotton you can buy (with many colors) at joanns is symphony broadcloth. It's 100%, thin and just sucks overall in quality, but it's cheap at only 3$ a yard. With 50% off, that's $1.50.

Depending on your size, you'd only need 1 yard of blue for the main body and then half a yard of white for the sleeves and collar. You can also invest on interfacing for the collar, but that would make you pay for interfacing. I say just let it be flimsy and don't even bother to face it if you want to be really cheap.

Also, you'd just need some yellow double fold bias tape which is 1.50$ for 3 yrds.
If you don't want to buy a pattern, just trace the seams on a jacket or button up shirt you already own and there you have it, a free pattern.

Since you're building everything from scratch, it'll be quick and simple and you don't need to worry about modifying.

As for the hat, just use fabric paint to paint on the green design. Heck, if you want to be really cheap, use acrylic paint, only like 29 cents at Joanns
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Edo-Chan
Teh Chibi Cosplayer~! =3

Thank you! This actually really helped... Right now I'm on the hunt for a blue shirt that I could use... I'm going to Joanns this weekend and getting the bias tape and white fabric... I know we have a shirt somewhere that I can use. ^^;
My mom yelled at me for doing another cosplay so close to the con so I'm hoping on finding a blue shirt to use... She refuses to help me pay for it now... and I feel poor cause my budget is $5... ^^;;
It's enough to get the hat and fabric though.. =3
-Ritsuka(Loveless)

-Preteen Trunks(DBZ)
-Rukia(Bleach)
-Yuffie(Final Fantasy)
-Near(Death Note)
-Italy(Hetalia)
Unread 10-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

There was a Pattern That I saw when I was a kid for Ash's outfit. (for kids you know) You maybe able to make that pattern bigger. I've made the blue part free-handed by mistake when trying to make a vest. It is really simple is you don't want to add pockets ^_~
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Edo-Chan
Teh Chibi Cosplayer~! =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelychristina View Post
There was a Pattern That I saw when I was a kid for Ash's outfit. (for kids you know) You maybe able to make that pattern bigger. I've made the blue part free-handed by mistake when trying to make a vest. It is really simple is you don't want to add pockets ^_~
Oh, wow thank you for the pattern! It really helps! =3
And like Yukina said, I'll just use the bias tape for the pockets.
-Ritsuka(Loveless)

-Preteen Trunks(DBZ)
-Rukia(Bleach)
-Yuffie(Final Fantasy)
-Near(Death Note)
-Italy(Hetalia)