Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #61
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirVee View Post
Disgusted at how unorganized this was... NYAF is usually a small cozy con where the people can spread out and spread their wings.

Dealers room was the same as CCNY last year where if a fire alarm HAD gone of we all would have been beyond screwed! Shoulder to shoulder on all sides.

I was extremely angry with how pathetic the security was this year. People were blowing air horns, they were rude when my girl friend put her bag down to get her photo taken and speaking of which, security did NOTHING when we reported the creeper Asian guy in the Dealers room who kept asking for my girlfriends personal information WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE HOLDING HER HAND. >:|

I've gone to NYAf for the past 3 years, it was my first con in 08 and this was heatbreaking to attend.
I'm saying this for them to improve on: If they don't plan of giving even ground to each con they're going to have serious problems.
i personally feel that since NYCC "took" NYAFs date when it's usually in the beginning of the year, NYAF should have been giving at least a little more...respect per say.

I only get to see my girlfriend at cons so I want them to be amazing for her. This was disappointing for almost everyone I know. And since we heard the cons were combined again most have decided not to attend.
I was even told Otakon was not this crowded.

I'm ashamed to call NYAF my home con after this weekend.
2/10 for actual con.
9/10 for the people who were amazing. Common knowledge is that Anime fans and most western comic fans do not get along. (they've been fighting online for months.)I'm a fan of both so I was able to get along with most people save the usual furries who don't know what personal boundaries are >_>
1/10 for the staffs control. (The Vocaloid concert I was told was unable to let new guests in because the panel before was attended by a full house who did not let anyone else in. meaning they stayed in one panel only to attend the next. They should have been forced out to give everyone a chance to attend. )

Debating my attendance Next year... i think I'd rather attend MangaNEXT.
ALSO... I forgot this, fo God's SAKE, can we pleaseeeeeeeee ban Ramy from having more that one table at this con. Every con in the area he has at least 3 tables. WHY? Everyone should have 1 table, full or half. not 3 full tables. :|

It's not fair to other artists who might want a table, yes?
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #62
PartTimeProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlucard View Post
Young lady, I have attended over thirty conventions, including the likes of Anime Central, Otakon, and Anime Expo. I have performed or offered my services at all three of these fine establishments. I believe upon presenting this information, I possess more of what you people call an "e-peen," yes? And further, my opinion is vastly more difficult for one to overcome?

I have viewed all these complaints time and again. It has lost its amusement. Many times convention attendance reaches the limits of their negotiated establishment. We attempt not to break fire code, but on countless occasions circumvent these regulations, lest the masses become irate.

I also see a constant assumption that people attend conventions to cosplay. I believe it a blatantly false and foolish conjecture. A majority of attendees travel to conventions simply to enjoy themselves for a spell amongst their friends and those who fancy similar pursuits. Cosplay is naught but a secondary thought and only intrepid souls make it their concern. In light of this, a complaint about cosplay's lack of representation is but a fruitless endeavor.

Finally, I rarely behold a convention with sufficient selection to satisfy my desires. These conferences may obtain a large quantity of sellers, but a preponderance of these merchants display identical materials. I know not the quantity plushie sellers one needs to reach satisfaction, nor do I wish to ascertain the amount. In my eyes, these traditional marketplaces have limited variety, which could be met with a choice selection of thirty. In addition, had you bothered to survey other booths, mayhaps you would observe alternate goods with which to appease your hunger for material possessions.

In conclusion, I believe none of these complaints fall outside normal experiences. They are hardly worthy of note by myself, nor by the hosting staff. In addition, I demand you apologize for acting like an ignoble cur toward your fellow attendee. After all, I have attended over thirty conventions. It is your obligation to listen to me, is it not?

Total Posts: 1

I call BS. Someone's been to over 30 conventions, having held some responsibility at some of the nation's largest, and has waited this long to sign up for cosplay.com and post? Ch'yea okay.
PartTimeProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #63
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Quote:
Young lady, I have attended over thirty conventions, including the likes of Anime Central, Otakon, and Anime Expo. I have performed or offered my services at all three of these fine establishments. I believe upon presenting this information, I possess more of what you people call an "e-peen," yes? And further, my opinion is vastly more difficult for one to overcome?

I have viewed all these complaints time and again. It has lost its amusement. Many times convention attendance reaches the limits of their negotiated establishment. We attempt not to break fire code, but on countless occasions circumvent these regulations, lest the masses become irate.

I also see a constant assumption that people attend conventions to cosplay. I believe it a blatantly false and foolish conjecture. A majority of attendees travel to conventions simply to enjoy themselves for a spell amongst their friends and those who fancy similar pursuits. Cosplay is naught but a secondary thought and only intrepid souls make it their concern. In light of this, a complaint about cosplay's lack of representation is but a fruitless endeavor.

Finally, I rarely behold a convention with sufficient selection to satisfy my desires. These conferences may obtain a large quantity of sellers, but a preponderance of these merchants display identical materials. I know not the quantity plushie sellers one needs to reach satisfaction, nor do I wish to ascertain the amount. In my eyes, these traditional marketplaces have limited variety, which could be met with a choice selection of thirty. In addition, had you bothered to survey other booths, mayhaps you would observe alternate goods with which to appease your hunger for material possessions.

In conclusion, I believe none of these complaints fall outside normal experiences. They are hardly worthy of note by myself, nor by the hosting staff. In addition, I demand you apologize for acting like an ignoble cur toward your fellow attendee. After all, I have attended over thirty conventions. It is your obligation to listen to me, is it not?
Troll or not, I don't care. Love.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #64
Yowulf
This wedding's horse shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeProphet View Post
Total Posts: 1

I call BS. Someone's been to over 30 conventions, having held some responsibility at some of the nation's largest, and has waited this long to sign up for cosplay.com and post? Ch'yea okay.
Cosplay.com isn't exactly the best cosplay community, so I wouldn't blame them, troll or not, lol. There are better communities.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» all super tentative!
«Bringing» Deadmau5 cosplay (SH: SM themed), Josh (SH:H)
Yowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #65
PartTimeProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowulf View Post
Cosplay.com isn't exactly the best cosplay community, so I wouldn't blame them, troll or not, lol. There are better communities.
There ARE better communities, but that's not to say this one isn't well enough known and visited enough that someone who's been to 30 cons wouldn't at least have an account here.
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #66
Yowulf

Quote:
There ARE better communities, but that's not to say this one isn't well enough known and visited enough that someone who's been to 30 cons wouldn't at least have an account here.
You don't NEED an account here if you're well known, friend.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

Unread 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #67
yacchan
Imperius Rex

Quote:
I think you're missing the point here. It's pretty clearly a troll, but the points are still valid and presented in a pretty concise and level-headed way. Someone probably made a sock-account.

Next Conventions
NYCC 2013

Check out the West Village Avengers on Facebook!
yacchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #68
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Quote:
Why have an account if you're never going to post? Maybe they don't really care to showcase their costumes to the community here, but elsewhere.

Just sayin...
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #69
Yowulf

I never denied that there is a troll (anyone with a brain can figure that out), just trying to justify that you don't need to be a member of 'the great cosplay.com' if you're 'well known'.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

Unread 10-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #70
RAlucard

Quote:
I would enjoy seeing your bluff and escalating the wager with my accumulated badges. I no longer possess the full compliment, but I believe I have sufficient evidence.
RAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #71
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Upload some photos then.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #72
PartTimeProphet

Quote:
I would enjoy seeing your bluff and escalating the wager with my accumulated badges. I no longer possess the full compliment, but I believe I have sufficient evidence.
I would enjoy seeing you speak in a more casual tone instead of trying to sound so intelligent. ;o
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #73
yacchan
Imperius Rex

I would enjoy if everyone stopped feeding the troll and appreciated the joke for what it is.

Next Conventions
NYCC 2013

Check out the West Village Avengers on Facebook!
yacchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #74
RAlucard

Quote:
I would enjoy seeing you speak in a more casual tone instead of trying to sound so intelligent. ;o
Oh taking these photos is such a bore. You simply must acquiesce to allowing me to derive some small enjoyment from this proceeding.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...500/Badges.jpg

I present a smattering of badges. To my knowledge, no event badges for Otakon 2009 were identified as such.
RAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #75
Yowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacchan View Post
I would enjoy if everyone stopped feeding the troll and appreciated the joke for what it is.
This a million times.
Some people taking things /way/ too seriously sometimes.

Wulf ||| DeviantART