Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #91
ZFandKILover

Yeah, like most people I really didn't like how they were combined. Really no NYAF, I well go next year to see if any changes were made via fans ideas but if not by then i well most likely not.

NYAF (Fri & Sat, possibly part of Sunday)

Axel {Kingdom Hearts II} 75%
Roxas {Kingdom Hearts II} 15%
Hidan {Naruto:Shippuden} 70%
ZFandKILover is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #92
BloodOfAutumn
Aristo Mercu

This year, wasn't as fun as last year's NYAF, i remember how everyone would go up to each other, give a yaoi paddle smack on the butt, or hug random people wherever you go, and make you feel welcomed and warm. This year, i fainted in the back of the giant hall, because so many people were pushing and shoving to get to the manga, that i collapsed on my friend for 15 seconds. Management really needs to manage it better, for lack of better words. It was worse for me because i was holding a really hard-earned prop that could've broke. AND THIS WAS ON SUNDAY. I 'm glad i did not go there on saturday. It sucks for the people who really enjoys anime (which isn't me) because it didn't feel fair. The amount of people was nauseating, IF there was an emergency evacuation like at Otakon, people would've died, no one could've gotten out with the high amount of panicking, and everything would be a huge mess. Either find a larger Convention center or Separate the halls.
BloodOfAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #93
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

Reading about the problems at the con, the Javits Center was apparently under construction so there were a couple of levels that weren't available at the time of the convention. I'm sure had it been, there would have been more space. Still, there was just way too many people at the con but I found most of it was localized around the dealers area. Everywhere else was tolerable.
Kaneda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #94
Seeshelle

it was alright. Felt like the anime booths were nonexistent; never found them except for FUNi and Bandai [and others right near it]. Hated how there was no sign as to where the autograph line starts *coughcrispinfreemancough*. & had a hard time finding some panels and there was no map to that floor; there was only dealers. where was the info on autograph sessions in the program? I asked and the staff just gave a program and led me to a line that led to the entrance of the con. I was thinking,''um, I'm already holding a program, I don't need another one.'' Same thing with another con goer, so I know it's not just me. Saturday amazed me; it was a holy crack crowded. I mean, I knew it was a Sat., but still. Fri. was less crowded and had more stuff to give away.

There was no prob with the con goers for me.

...think that's it. Comic Con, love you, but stop squishing NYAF.
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #95
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee33 View Post
Why have an account if you're never going to post? Maybe they don't really care to showcase their costumes to the community here, but elsewhere.

Just sayin...
I had an account here for over a YEAR or two before I ever posted in the forums. Many people don't like forums. This site IS used for other ends remember

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf

Last edited by Volnixshin : 10-17-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #96
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

Wrong thread.

Last edited by AnimeAngel : 10-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.
AnimeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #97
KyoKyo-kun

I must agree with the majority of the people on this thread. If I weren't in cosplay, I don't think I would have enjoyed myself.

I thought they would have improved NYAF after getting such horrible feedback last year. Instead, it was worse than last year. NYAF was only an Artist Alley that was pushed into a tiny room. The cosplays were amazing, though, and the cosplayers were very sweet. In all honesty, I DID have a great time because I was cosplaying and I got a lot of pictures with awesome cosplayers. But that's about it. It wasn't bad; it's just unfortunate that NYAF is slowly going away bit by bit. =/
KyoKyo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #98
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

^ yea I didn't expect it to be THAT small, this is my first time going and even though I'd go again I made sure to exaggerate in the survery that they NEED MORE ANIME. Also I made sure to cosplay as well even though noone knew who I was cosplaying it still made it better
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote