Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 08-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Final Fantasy 2010

I was soooo sure that there was a Final Fantasy topic already up. Guess I was wrong. o.O

We all know though that there will be tons of Final Fantasy cosplayers at NYAF, and I wanted to make sure we have a thread so we can organize our gatherings/photoshoots, as well as know which characters from which game will be coming in case someone out there is looking for a particular character to complete their own little group or something.

Once I get some actual replies here, this post will include a list of each game, and any character(s) we have coming from each of the games.

Final Fantasy Gatherings/Photoshoots:

FFI

FFII

FFIII

FFIV

FFV

FFVI

FFVII (ALL Versions)
Barret: Mastachaos
Cloud: Smooov28, kyukyu99-?
Reno: Garen
Tifa: Kisara410(original version), KawaiiRiceball(AC version)
Reeve Tuesti: Kris Tuesti
Cissnei: Kris Tuesti's friend

FFVIII
Squall Leonhart: EpykEnigma(custom version)
Rinoa: xxyuukixx

FFIX
Dagger: MaeMaeAngel's friend
Kuja: PartTimeProphet
Mikoto: MaeMaeAngel

FFX

FFX-2

FFXI

FFXII
Larsa: PartTimeProphet
Vaan: AiNoSenshiYo's brother

FFXIII
Cid Raines: Aurora's friend Andrew
Hope Estheim: Aurora's little brother
Jihl Nabaat: Aurora Maryte
Lebreau: moxillaq
Lightning: Stephhxstar, snowkirby(Amano version)
Serah Farron: Facerape

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 10-08-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Photoshoot Times/Locations:

We will meet for all photoshoots at the big statue near the entrance. If for any reason the shoot can't take place there, we will meet there, wait 10 minutes for people to show up, then go find a more suitable area.

Friday: 4pm

Saturday: 4pm

Sunday: 1pm

(Remember, all photoshoots will be at the big statue near the entrance area.)

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 10-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Unread 08-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Aha I have found it ! I thought this was claimed before as well, lol! I know there was a random FFXIII thread here a few months ago but then it vanished...;;

At any rate, I went a bit old-school last year with my FF, so this year I'm a bit more current, and I'll be debuting my Amano Lightning for most of the weekend! I'm mostly concentrating on getting her done in time now, so chances are I may end up wearing her for most of the weekend (Sat. and Sunday).
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Awesome, that would be great!
If I can make it in time for a Saturday shoot, I'll run it with you...and if not I'll make my sister run it with you. She's being Lightning too. And like I said I'm being Jihl, and my little bro is being Hope.
And that 2nd picture you put on the other thread...that was kinda scary. o.O
Not Lightning though, she looked fine...and I can't wait to see your costume!!!

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
PartTimeProphet

I'll be going to as Kuja (a male Kuja :]) from FF9 and Larsa from FF12.
PartTimeProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Aurora: awesome, that'd be great ! Aww yay Hope and Lightning, that's epic lol! Lmao yeah the main cast illustration is a bit wonky, but I like how pretty Serah looked in it ^^. If my sis cosplayed I'd totally ask her to be Serah to match, even though our personalities are reverse (I'm more like Serah and she would resemble more like Lightning ^^; ).

I'm not sure about location for the meetup still, I've been thinking about where would be a good spot; I know we're gonna get a ton of people though so we need a big space. My memory of the Javitts is a bit rusty (the last time I was there was for Comic-Con last Feb ^^; ).

The only spots I can think of are over at the east end of the center (as if you entered from the front entrances, not the side by the statue) b/c since it's on the lower floor away from the main panels, it has a ton of space and good lightning from the windows. Another possible spot may be over at the statue itself on the west end?? Only b/c it's easy to find and generally isn't tooo crowded. These aren't set in stone at all, I'm just throwing it out there, so it's up to you where you want to have it ^^.

@PartTimeProphet: oh mannn male Kuja!!! He's definitely one of my fav villains, mainly b/c he's a mix of my other two favs, Kefka and Sephiroth . I've never seen a Larsa cosplay before, looking forward to that too !
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Lol, Fang and Sazh really scared me in that pic, but yeah Serah was pretty.
And awwww you should get your sis to do it!! Sibling cosplay is the best, I should know lmfao. I had to bribe my sister the first time, but it was worth it because she's so into it now and it's so much more fun knowing you have someone with yoiu at all times that compliments your own costume. ...When I'm at cons, my friends and I always say we'll stick together, but we never do..at least my siblings have to, and yeah it means I can't go wander off like I might with a friend, and I might be stuck doing what the siblings want at a given time I wanted to do something else, but still- wouldn't trade it for the world. I hope you can convince your sis to cosplay...there need to be more good Serah cosplayers out there anyway.

As for our location...I've been going to NYAF since it started, but somehow I don't know heads from tails about finding my way around the Javits Center. I'll go with whatever location everyone else wants, because I agree our photoshoots will likely be huge, but I have no idea where we could have them. I'm gonna be no help with picking a location, sorry.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
As for our location...I've been going to NYAF since it started, but somehow I don't know heads from tails about finding my way around the Javits Center. I'll go with whatever location everyone else wants, because I agree our photoshoots will likely be huge, but I have no idea where we could have them. I'm gonna be no help with picking a location, sorry.
Biggest place at the Javits Center is the entrance area where the statue is. It's huge, easy to find, and nice open areas are easier to spot crowds in.

Depending on what day the shoot is, I might be able to get there as Reno from FFVII. I'm being him on Friday.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Alright, then we will have it at the statue. It should be easy for even first-timers to the con to find too.
And there will be a Final Fantasy photoshoot each day, so no worries! We'll be happy to have you.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Can the Friday one be after 3? Cuz that's what time I'm done volunteering, and while it shouldn't take super-long to change out of a volunteer t-shirt and into a rumpled suit, one never knows.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Aurora: My sis has gone to cons with me before and she loves seeing her fav characters there ^^ She isn't one to cosplay though lol! We even got her a sewing machine a few years ago b/c she liked to make clothes, but then she just got super busy with school and college, so it hasn't been used much ^^;. I'm terrified of sewing machines period, and I always seem to jam them and then I give up ;; (I sew everything by hand), so even if I convinced her to be Serah this year, I wouldn't be able to finish her cosplay and mine in time ^^;;;. I think I'll ask her for next year though lol!

Ooh good idea on having the photoshoot each day!! I don't see a lot of people do this, but it really helps ;;!! It sucks when you plan it for a certain day and time, and then half of the people don't show up because they found out a panel they want to go to, etc.

@Aurora and Garen: Yeah, the statue is super easy to find; I haven't met up for shoots at the Javitts before up until last year's Comic Con, and I found the best place that went well was that statue.

@Garen: Yayy I love Reno!! I may not be going Friday (depends on basically who else wants to go with me that day ^^; most of my friends are coming with me for the weekend), but if I am I'll let you guys know! I really wanna see your Reno so I hope I can!!
Unread 08-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
stephhxstar

I'm going as Lightning from FF13 (: I'm going to wear it on Saturday for sure, and possibly Friday.
stephhxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
Facerape

If I can, I'll be Serah from FF13. I'm really hoping to do this cosplay :3
Saturday Morning- Spiderman(Rosy Higgins Design)
Saturday Afternoon/Night- Izaya Orihara(Durarara!)
Sunday- Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)(Summer Uniform)

Otakon '14
Not sure of costume order and choices yet
Izaya Orihara (Durarara!)
Spiderman(Rosy Higgins Design)
Jack Frost(ROTG)
Maybe Aladdin(Magi)
Facerape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #14
han-pan

If you do one on Friday, I'll come as Garnet from FF9!!

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Yay finally we're getting a decent amount of people!

The Friday one can be whatever time. After 3 is fine...heh, we always manage to get to cons really late anyway, so it's probably a good idea to have it later. I think 4 or 5 is a good time for the Friday shoot, I guess the same for Saturday(probably 4 because if we do Masq I think my friends and I need to go rehearse or something later in the day), and Sunday....maybe around noon or 1?... Are these times okay with everyone here? All of these shoots would be at the aforementioned statue.

And I'd better get going on a character list soon, huh? I'm going to try to do that tonight.

Conventions 2014~