Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Unread 10-06-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Shout out, recap and MTV- AnimeNEXT, Oultaw Style!!!

Well folks it's time to recap this here con....so let's cut the crap and go straight to the recap!!

Friday
Costume(s)-Leon, Aqua Cloud
Despite the fact we took a "long cut" through Queens, we arrived at AN b4 2 a planned. My group cough up with Cyn and after a scene and costume change, me, Carrie and Cyn we mackin it as Leon, Aerith and Sephiroth a la KH. We hit ze dealer's room, watched as said Aerith was force to be killed by said Seph a numerous amount of times. I checked out the Itho panel We eventually gathered our FF crews did our interviews with MTV and had a good time....also jumped Tidus' vic actor....he as cool with it, relax. After yet another costume change, we hit the pool. FF style.
We chilledwith Oshi and his crew, Tyjilldown and her bf Dre. Food was eate and good times were had by all.

Saturday
Costume(s)-Leon, Gene Starwind and causal Neo?!?
After sum FF tom foolery at the Photoshoot, including getting kicked out of a hallway, Angewink and I kicked it Outlaw Style in ur Gene and Melfina form ^_^=.We went to another non-ff photoshoot, celebrated someone's b-day with cake,and attended the Itho panel wth the other OLS cosplayers, and geeked it up quite well. We got sum stuff signed, andMr. Ito took sum photos with me,Mel and Suzuka. We changed and
parted, with Carrie-Mel hittingthe masq, and me laying down the hurt at the Soul Caliber 2 touney. I placed 2nd, watched the remaining half of the masq, had dinner where we ran into the MTV peeps and the con heads,who were ubrer cool. My crew hit the rave next, and ended up in a semi Matrix group with Cyn as Morpheous and me as Neo. I also stalked Oshidori with Cyborg_Mermaid's confession and rocked everyoe with assistance from Oshi male type with our sick two man piano dance group. Liquor was drunk, and yet again good timeswere had.

Sunday
Costume(s)-Billy Caine, Axel Lowe.
Not much to report, hit up the fightinmg game photoshoots and took 2 hour detour through Jersey.

So let's make out with the Shout Outs!
My room crew- MissAnime,Cyn, KK Kitty, Sean, Mk and of coursNeoangelwink- W00T!! Good times guys, u were a thrill to chill with.

Oshi,TyJilldown, Lady Ava, Dre and YuffieBunny others in their group- Wow there was a hell of a lot of ya....wow not much can sum up our pool chillin, hot tubbin', canada bashin, soul caliberin', glow stick dealin', charletsonin, nipple tweeking time........except that.........

NYO/OA-there are far too any of guys to thank, but hey, we had a hell of a time.

Cyborg Mermaid, Lord XL, Quisty-D, Suzuka-Lil, Anime Party and everyone else I met for first time-Nice meetin ya....lol.

SailorMO, EchoCharlie, eMMy and other AN people.-Had a great time once again folks, see ya next year ^_^=.

All in all, a great con.Needs to be back in NJ, but u already took care of that...and get Halo back in the game room.

4 1/2 out of 5 golden weazels.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #2
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Oh and props to number 18........lol sorry bout that ^_^=;

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
Unread 10-06-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
Vespaa
Dead in Valkurm Dunes. D:

Hey Starwind. ^^ Sorry we couldn't talk more, I find it hard to actually talk and carry on a nice conversation with people at cons. I would have liked to talk to you and your g/f more. ^^ I met you by the pool on Friday night, then at the SCII tourney of course, lol. Your g/f makes a really cute Aeris. Hopefully I'll see more of you two at future cons. (And my b/f and I will bring swimwear as our Seph and Rinoa if there's anymore FFXVB gatherings.)
Vespaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2003, 02:43 AM   #4
Oshidori
Jesus is my homeboy!

Haha I loved the little confessional!

Hey, when is the MTV thing suppose to air, and what was the name of the show again?

Leela: Bender, maybe you can interface with the Femputer and
reprogram it to let them go?
Bender: Maybe you can interface with my ass... by biting it!
Oshidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #5
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Oh boy, a Q&A segment...one without my life being threatened!

DaQiao: Thanks for the comment,s but yeah, for a con I was SUPPOSED to be relaxing at, I did far too much work...but I had fun fun none the less. While my Leon days are pretty much over (although I will be whippin out a Squall costume for the last FFu skit), Carrie will probablu wear Aerith sum more due to the fact that I'm finally making a Cloud costume (no Buster Sword, I'm making one of the alternative weapons). We'll prob be hittin most of the same cons we hit last year, but if u wanna chill in the city sum time, let me know and we can arrange something.

Oshidori: ::glomps:: Indeed the confessional made my night of various head jewelry. The MTV thing won't be preimered until Jan. 3rd.

Unread 10-07-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
neoangelwink
waiting

^_^ glompe!!!!!!
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
Adara

Hey to Melfina! ^_^ i saw you at animenext...I was one of the random schoolgirls hanging out with the guy dressed up as Sanosuke. heh. you guys had nifty costumes!
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #8
Cyn
You bleed from my words

...:: Dresses up in the KH Sephiroth cosplay he did for AnimeNEXT, and sneaks up behind Aerith....Again. :: >_> This never gets old..
Unread 10-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #9
cyborg_mermaid
SOS advocate

Dude, my confessional is more popular than I. e.e
Unread 10-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #10
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Hey what can I say, I have a gf, so hitting on ya C_M is prohibited, lol. But you rock as well, lol ^_^=.
::hits Cyn with bat:: No, my Carrie, no hurties!

Unread 10-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #11
neoangelwink
waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness
Hey to Melfina! ^_^ i saw you at animenext...I was one of the random schoolgirls hanging out with the guy dressed up as Sanosuke. heh. you guys had nifty costumes!

^_^ think u hug u look really cute. cyn ^_^ chris u my knight shining armor.
Unread 10-07-2003, 10:48 PM   #12
Cyn
You bleed from my words

::Points at Chris after being beaten by the bat:: HATE CRIME!
Unread 10-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #13
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

LOL, but every crime I committ is a hate crime...I hate a lot of things..and people...and animals....and stuff...

Unread 10-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #14
ki kuru kitty
Banned

Some random angst filled guy with Trigun glasses just passes by blasting music on a giant 80's boom box and just stares. "ahh the shout outs, that was fun and this is heavy... just like the cross." plays some final fantasy remix stuff for the billion ff cosplayers out there. "WHY DID I MISS THE POOL PARTY" Cries his little neko eyes out.
ki kuru kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #15
neoangelwink
waiting

pat ki kuru kitty it ok ^_^ there mite more pool act at the next con.
ah chris slove very thing with bat or any that is hard and painful.