Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
MercuryLampe
based minto

I get really self-concious myself, when haters and mean people say, "Oh, Americans and fat people can't cosplay." That is so untrue, and just plain stupid. ANYONE can cosplay, no matter how big you are! I told myself this, so I'm not afraid to cosplay anymore! ^___^ Half the people who say that you can't cosplay because of your weight, they have worse costumes. Your cosplays are lovely, please always try things you want to cosplay, don't worry about your size, or anything like that. If you truly love to cosplay, then go for it!
I wish you the best of luck, and good luck with your diet as well! (^________^)/
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #17
MercuryLampe
based minto

I get really self-concious myself, when haters and mean people say, "Oh, Americans and fat people can't cosplay." That is so untrue, and just plain stupid. ANYONE can cosplay, no matter how big you are! I told myself this, so I'm not afraid to cosplay anymore! ^___^ Half the people who say that you can't cosplay because of your weight, they have worse costumes. Your cosplays are lovely, please always try things you want to cosplay, don't worry about your size, or anything like that. If you truly love to cosplay, then go for it!
I wish you the best of luck, and good luck with your diet as well! (^________^)/

(By the way, you are soooo not fat! :O You're really pretty! ^___^)
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Soku

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's nice to be able to talk to people about this kind of stuff, without feeling totally stupid. =)

I should stop trying to comparing myself to other people, because I'm not going to get anywhere if I do that.

I guess I should also plan my next shopping trip to the fabric store
Miwako Sakurada - Paradise Kiss
Goku - Saiyuki

Convention plans for 2011
Tsukino Con-Attended
Cos&Effect-Will be going
Soku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #19
Ghai

Oh I know the feeling. I know I'm not exactly fat, more so flabby, but the outfits I want to do require physique. Such being a 300 Spartan or Monkey from Enslaved. I could honestly do them well enough thanks to the bulk I have, however it comes down to a matter of comfort. As I am I simply wouldn't be comfortable in the outfits I want to do, thus I have others =D. I would put the mental comfort first, then maybe worry bout what others would think.
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
A thread aimed at overweight cosplayers was moved to the "fitness" forum in spite of requesting no advice or discussion of weight loss...

*facepalm*

Message to fat people: Want to be comfortable with yourself? The only way is not to be fat.
Wow. Harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryLampe View Post

(By the way, you are soooo not fat! :O You're really pretty! ^___^)
I am so glad to know there are people who will post things like this, MercuryLampe.
saiyamanmasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyamanmasenko View Post
Wow. Harsh.
I believe she meant thats what it felt like coscom was saying by moving the thread to here ^^;
PunkRockPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
someonewhodied
Strange Gamer

Easy solution:
If you are only fat in the torso, you can fix that in a few weeks merely by doing around 50-200 sit-ups a day.

if you are overweight in general, the easiest solution is to skip breakfast and go on daily mile-long jogs.

People only get overweight because they are too lazy to donate 8-10 minutes of their time each day to exercise. And you even get those 8-10 minutes back by not wasting time on breakfast.
someonewhodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
Crydda

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
Easy solution:
If you are only fat in the torso, you can fix that in a few weeks merely by doing around 50-200 sit-ups a day.

if you are overweight in general, the easiest solution is to skip breakfast and go on daily mile-long jogs.

People only get overweight because they are too lazy to donate 8-10 minutes of their time each day to exercise. And you even get those 8-10 minutes back by not wasting time on breakfast.
Eating breakfast is essential to losing weight, believe it or not.

Well, skipping any meal in general is bad.
When you starve yourself, your body starts storing fat.
That's why most people suggest eating 5-6 times a day in smaller portions.

I've actually experienced this myself.
I noticed when I started picking up the habit of eating breakfast, my average weight was lower than when I skipped Breakfast and lunch [I wasn't real fond of school food at the time...].
Plus, skipping breakfast and going on mile long jogs?
Yeah not something you'll EVER get me into, personally...
Crydda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #24
Snippy
Macho Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crydda View Post

I noticed when I started picking up the habit of eating breakfast, my average weight was lower than when I skipped Breakfast and lunch [I wasn't real fond of school food at the time...].
^^ Correct. Starving yourself is just as, if not more, harmful to you than gorging on twinkies for breakfast lunch and dinner. Well, maybe not quite as bad but you know what I mean. :P
Snippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #25
someonewhodied
Strange Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crydda View Post

Really? I lost a good 8lbs in a month when I started doing this and I am at 4.7 Body Fat Percentage.
Also, a mile long jog isn't that much. Take your iPod with you and listen to some fast paced music (I use quick video game themes as they loop perfectly) and it is really easy. I manage 5-7 minute miles easily...
Its torture, but it works.
But now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I started doing what I do...
someonewhodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #26
FireCamel

Don't feel bad, OP! I'm borderline underweight and STILL not as pencil-skinny as anime girls! And that's okay. They are drawn, stylized cartoon/comic characters and it's impossible to look like them in real life. And don't feel bad about being "too big" to cosplay. Nobody's too big to wear costumes! Your diet will pay off and you'll become more healthy and more confident with your body. Just remember that your ultimate goal should be to achieve your target weight, not to look like anime girls.

Oh, and whoever said to skip breakfast, that is a BAD IDEA, don't do it! Breakfast is what jumpstarts your body and gives it the energy to burn more calories during the day. Skipping breakfast will cause your body to store more fat.
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #27
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Easy solution:

Okay, that's bad advice. Eating breakfast is actually beneficial in losing weight. Don't skip it, unless you feel like making things harder on yourself.

And no, people do not only get overweight because they're "too lazy" to exercise a couple minutes a day. There can be emotional issues behind it, genetic issues, disabilities, and the list goes on.

Think about something before you say it, please.
Possible 2015 conventions: Sakura-con, A-Kon
https://www.facebook.com/riceballcosplay
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #28
tsuoi_kaze
PERSONA! *bang*

Quote:
Easy solution:

1) No such thing as targeting fat loss.
2) As others have said, skipping breakfast is BAD. I only do it because my stomach can't handle food that early in the morning so I feel sick if I eat then, but I'm also fat and have a horribly difficult time even losing the tiniest bit of weight because of it. Eat breakfast. Period.
3) There are a ton of factors that play in to being overweight, not just laziness. I know swimmers who don't even have skinny/athletic looking/perfect bodies, yet they practice every day in what is easily the most physically demanding sport. You'd be surprised how little a role simple laziness plays. I'd also like to know where you're getting that 8-10 minutes a day without changing anything else in your diet/exercise routine is going to be enough to actually get results, because most people do about that much without realizing just doing everyday tasks.

I have a feeling you're one of those people who has always been skinny without trying. Not to bash people who are like that (I sure as hell wish I were), but the vast majority of people who give the kind of advice you do and believe that overweight automatically equals lazy are.
tsuoi_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuoi_kaze View Post
1) No such thing as targeting fat loss.
2) As others have said, skipping breakfast is BAD. I only do it because my stomach can't handle food that early in the morning so I feel sick if I eat then, but I'm also fat and have a horribly difficult time even losing the tiniest bit of weight because of it. Eat breakfast. Period.
3) There are a ton of factors that play in to being overweight, not just laziness. I know swimmers who don't even have skinny/athletic looking/perfect bodies, yet they practice every day in what is easily the most physically demanding sport. You'd be surprised how little a role simple laziness plays. I'd also like to know where you're getting that 8-10 minutes a day without changing anything else in your diet/exercise routine is going to be enough to actually get results, because most people do about that much without realizing just doing everyday tasks.

I have a feeling you're one of those people who has always been skinny without trying. Not to bash people who are like that (I sure as hell wish I were), but the vast majority of people who give the kind of advice you do and believe that overweight automatically equals lazy are.
This.
Possible 2015 conventions: Sakura-con, A-Kon
https://www.facebook.com/riceballcosplay
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
kittiesXXrawr
💙Be what you want

I Feel Like This All The Time. . It Even Gets So Bad When I Leave The House That I Have A Mental Breakdown And Cry My Eyes Out. . But The Worst Part Is That I've Been Dieting And Exercisin And I Live In A 3 Floor House And I Run Up And Down 2 Flights Of Stairs Ever Day To Do Laundry [[ 9 Ppl Live Here ]] But Its A Pain. . And I Smoke And My Lungs Are Bad From The Beginin. . But Girl I Kno Your Pain. . And I Kno You Can Do Anythin You Want When You Set Your Mind To It. . If You Wanna Cosplay The Skinny Ones Then Do It. . No One Is Stoppin You But Yourself. . Jus Put Your Mind To It And Good Luck

Future Costumes:
Summoner Yuna [Finial Fantasy X]: 100% [Finished]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep]: 0% [Not Started Yet]
kittiesXXrawr is offline   Reply With Quote