Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #31
Kasinator
Not quite human
 
Kasinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,670
Ummm for some reason everyone is putting up all sorts of wacky weight loss tips here. all the real and effective ones are in our handy thread directory folks :P

and anyone can still pm me for help too
__________________
"Fortitudine Vincimus"

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #32
kuramasan
Registered User
 
kuramasan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
Really? I lost a good 8lbs in a month when I started doing this and I am at 4.7 Body Fat Percentage.
Also, a mile long jog isn't that much. Take your iPod with you and listen to some fast paced music (I use quick video game themes as they loop perfectly) and it is really easy. I manage 5-7 minute miles easily...
Its torture, but it works.
But now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I started doing what I do...
wow. I can loose 7 pounds in a month if I walk for about an hour a day. (my metabolism IS slow though. Not just like 'I think it's slow', it really doesn't process glucose normally.)
Maybe I should jog...... That's such a bad idea though! I always hurt myself when I try and do that stuff if the surface isn't completely flat. -_- I am the uber clutz. I can't even run on a tread mill because it's just too dangerous for me. Walking is safe.
I just stand there and for no apparent reason I fall over. D;
Also Aren't you never supposed to be under 8% body fat as a woman? (though I just decided to google and check and it says 10% is lowest healthy. but only for athletes. regular women should have 14%. The other site I found is saying towards the 15% for teens.) Even Gackt is 5% body fat and that guy is majorly ripped and stone hard. That's really not good actually...
Have you been to a doctor recently?
__________________
Upcoming Cons:
Katsucon
Jaycon
Castlepoint Anime Fest
Anime I-Con
Otakon

Last edited by kuramasan : 10-18-2010 at 04:25 AM.
kuramasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #33
BlueNami
Nami= I-MAN? Lul.
 
BlueNami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 72
"..I'm to fat to cosplay those characters.." Are you kidding?! You're not fat by any means! You be crazy, woman!

Keep in mind, the characters we're all trying to cosplay are from japan, where everyone is about the size of a lamp pole. Being that thin would be nice, but I mean, who wants to be that thin? Sure, you have absolutely no curves whatsoever, and you're so bony it's almost painful to hug you.. oh.. wait.. lost my train of thought.

The point is, you're not fat. I looked at your profile, and saw you rockin' some cosplay. And as Kasinator said, nobody will absolutely look the part of the cosplay they're wearing. The point is to express yourself, have fun, take the role of one of your favorite characters and enjoy it. There's too much room for judgement in the world these days, so just turn the other cheek. Because honestly, I admire people who actually have some meat on their bones. Stressing about your appearance in a friendly cosplaying community is silly, there isn't anyone superior to the other, just a group of equals looking to have fun.
__________________
Going Saturday, May 28th to Anime North 2011!
My cosplay is a secret until I know I can have it 100% completed in time.

My Youtube Channel: TerraUndefined @ Youtube.com
My MAL Profile: SeventhSin @ MyAnimeList.net
BlueNami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
Soku
Registered User
 
Soku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNami View Post
"..I'm to fat to cosplay those characters.." Are you kidding?! You're not fat by any means! You be crazy, woman!

Keep in mind, the characters we're all trying to cosplay are from japan, where everyone is about the size of a lamp pole. Being that thin would be nice, but I mean, who wants to be that thin? Sure, you have absolutely no curves whatsoever, and you're so bony it's almost painful to hug you.. oh.. wait.. lost my train of thought.

The point is, you're not fat. I looked at your profile, and saw you rockin' some cosplay. And as Kasinator said, nobody will absolutely look the part of the cosplay they're wearing. The point is to express yourself, have fun, take the role of one of your favorite characters and enjoy it. There's too much room for judgement in the world these days, so just turn the other cheek. Because honestly, I admire people who actually have some meat on their bones. Stressing about your appearance in a friendly cosplaying community is silly, there isn't anyone superior to the other, just a group of equals looking to have fun.

Hey, thanks! =^^= I've gotten more determined than ever to feel better about myself, nothing wrong with getting more fit!
__________________
~2011/2012 Cosplay Plans~
Ashura-o ~ Tsubasa ~ 25%
Freya ~ Chobits ~ 5%
Miwako Sakurada - Paradise Kiss
Goku - Saiyuki

Convention plans for 2011
Tsukino Con-Attended
Cos&Effect-Will be going
Soku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #35
HomeDepot
Registered User
 
HomeDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 755
I know how you feel, once you start thinking of yourself as fat or unattractive it becomes a hard cycle to break. I lost twenty pounds years ago and I've kept it off, but I still look at myself on some days and think i'm too pudgy to be wearing (insert clothing article here). I know I have to believe that I am worthy and remember how I feel about myself on the self-confident days. So give yourself some love because it is the only way that you will always know you're beautiful no matter what the scale says.
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #36
Loplod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDepot View Post
I know how you feel, once you start thinking of yourself as fat or unattractive it becomes a hard cycle to break. I lost twenty pounds years ago and I've kept it off, but I still look at myself on some days and think i'm too pudgy to be wearing (insert clothing article here). I know I have to believe that I am worthy and remember how I feel about myself on the self-confident days. So give yourself some love because it is the only way that you will always know you're beautiful no matter what the scale says.
This is a great mindset, When you look in the mirror. Don't see how fat you are. See your potential.

Look the the mirror, Flex some muscles, See that they exists and work on them (For bulking, Not so much for cutting) And every time you see a change or someone asks you "Hey, did you slim down recently?" you will feel amazing.

Positive mindset = Positive results!
Loplod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #37
blacknekohinata
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
I've felt this way but I just keep telling myself to just be happy I have the opportunity to cosplay and go to conventions. I hate being fat while cosplaying but I don't let it stand in my way. I just keep reminding myself that once I do loose weight the cosplay will fit better and look better but shouldn't let it stand in my way now. (sorry worded weird...5am....)
blacknekohinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #38
melted_snow_cap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
I love that someone made this thread!! I haven't had the courage to cosplay in years because though I am a girl I am 6 feet tall and have broad shoulders and felt that if I made a costume it had to be someone big but now I realize that it's ok if I dress up as someone petite because it's about me having fun. I'm really happy to know that other people feel like this too
^.^
melted_snow_cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #39
blacknekohinata
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
A thread aimed at overweight cosplayers was moved to the "fitness" forum in spite of requesting no advice or discussion of weight loss...

*facepalm*

Message to fat people: Want to be comfortable with yourself? The only way is not to be fat.
Wow...you are really mean and kind of a bully. I'd rather be fat any day than have a personality that makes me think it is okay to be mean to other people.

And to all of you overweight cosplayers out there....be anyone you want to be. We are supposed to have fun with this. How can we have fun if we beat ourselves up for not being perfect? Life is too short!
blacknekohinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #40
Rosemary_red
aka the annoying fairy
 
Rosemary_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 451
It's hard to be bigger because you always have less opinions on clothing yourself and sometimes its not our fault. By no matter how great the odds, people still have willpower and with enough of it you can get to anything you set your mind to(=
__________________
Convention list of 2014

Megacon
Lamecon
Metrocon
Dragoncon
*This is subjected to change*
Rosemary_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #41
x0xLindseyLovex
Panda cookie queen : 3
 
x0xLindseyLovex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknekohinata View Post
Wow...you are really mean and kind of a bully. I'd rather be fat any day than have a personality that makes me think it is okay to be mean to other people.

And to all of you overweight cosplayers out there....be anyone you want to be. We are supposed to have fun with this. How can we have fun if we beat ourselves up for not being perfect? Life is too short!

I think that post was moreso about the fact that the thread was redirected because of its posting majority even though the thread was never about weight loss, so the message to fat people was not her own, but the perceived message brought on by the forum change...or at least thats what I got from it XD
x0xLindseyLovex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #42
Loplod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknekohinata View Post
Wow...you are really mean and kind of a bully. I'd rather be fat any day than have a personality that makes me think it is okay to be mean to other people.

And to all of you overweight cosplayers out there....be anyone you want to be. We are supposed to have fun with this. How can we have fun if we beat ourselves up for not being perfect? Life is too short!
Heck, I'm ok with that sort of attitude, It was people like that who made me realize I did need to be healthy, and that excuses are just excuses to excuse yourself from something.

Sure it may sound a little harsh, But sometimes its the truth and is just what people need to get off their butts and go the extra mile to a fitter and better lifestyle
Loplod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #43
kirameki
Registered User
 
kirameki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xLindseyLovex View Post
I think that post was moreso about the fact that the thread was redirected because of its posting majority even though the thread was never about weight loss, so the message to fat people was not her own, but the perceived message brought on by the forum change...or at least thats what I got from it XD
That's how i read it as well.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Katsucon
Zenkaikon (maybe)
CastlePoint
AnimeExpo
Otakon (maybe)

Upcoming Cosplays
Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)
Luki (DOGS)
Sailor Saturn
Rosette (Chrono Crusade)
Clear (DMMD)
Tsurara (Nurarihyon)
kirameki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #44
kalasnacks
Kala Snacks
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
I completely understand! D: It sucks not feeling as if you've got the body/confidence to cosplay certain characters. Boy wouldn't I give to be able to show my midriff! D:
kalasnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #45
MewHinata
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4
I'd say keep on cosplaying if it makes you happy. For me, I don't care if a person doesn't even resemble the character they are cosplaying. As long as you tried you worked hard on it and you like it, that's the only thing that matters.
__________________
*~I can draw the world as happy as I want~*
MewHinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.