Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #196
RukiaBunnyPyon
SHSL Yandere

Makes me wish I wasnt a D...
RukiaBunnyPyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #197
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan_Magoo View Post
I noticed the same thing with the redness, but it went away after a while; if you were to put tape anywhere for any period of time, though, you'd get marks. At least I would haha; my skin marks really easily.

As for the pressing sensation... hm, don't think I experienced that. I did find there was a weird sort of freedom with having my boobs suddenly free after being compressed for a few hours, but I didn't feel 'pressed'.

Maybe binding for a little longer will help that? I find the longer I bind for, I start to get used to it and the more comfortable it is.
Thanks Megan for your thoughts. I have plans on trying it again
since I like how comfy it was while wearing it. I'm just concerned with the "pressed" feeling when I took it off. It could be what you have said, maybe it's some sort of weird freedom after binding.

Will try binding again this weekend. My next con is 2-3weeks away.

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #198
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Okay, just a couple questions. What would be the best binding method for a large chest? I did read every thing and from what I've read from other people. Especially people with cup sizes around the same as mine or larger that a compression shirt worked pretty well. And what I'm planning on buying. But I'd like to hear from other people and what they've used. I'm a ddd, so any thing in the d sizes atleast about what method you used and before and after pics would be great. And sorry if there's answers for my quest or similar questions but I don't feel like sorting through almost 200 posts. So I apologize for that.

Question 2. How can I partially bind? Basically make my breasts appear smaller but not flat or like a man's chest? A sports bra maybe? I have a character I'm thinking of cosplaying, but if I did her I'd want to make my boobs look smaller because she's a young character so I wouldn't really feel right not compressing my boobs some what. So any suggestions or tips would be wonderful especially if you can provide comparison pics.

Thanks. ^_^
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #199
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
Question 2. How can I partially bind? Basically make my breasts appear smaller but not flat or like a man's chest? A sports bra maybe? I have a character I'm thinking of cosplaying, but if I did her I'd want to make my boobs look smaller because she's a young character so I wouldn't really feel right not compressing my boobs some what. So any suggestions or tips would be wonderful especially if you can provide comparison pics.

Thanks. ^_^
I would go with a good sport bra. I bought a Champion one yesterday that's a compression bra. I got mine one size to small for crossplaying, but one in your accurate size would probably work to smoosh without flattening.

Good luck!

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #200
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
I would go with a good sport bra. I bought a Champion one yesterday that's a compression bra. I got mine one size to small for crossplaying, but one in your accurate size would probably work to smoosh without flattening.

Good luck!
Thank you. That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it's enough to decently flatten them down and appear to be smaller. O.o
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 08-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #201
Amanita

I've got about a 50" chest, how much could I reduce that through binding without compromising my ability to move or breathe? The character I'm cosplaying shouldn't have such big boobs!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #202
Kawaii Pocky

Okay, so another question. Forgive me. >.< I'm looking at compression tops from underworks and I was thinking about getting the tri top since I've heard/read on the binding threads that's the best especially for large chests. But I don't know what size to get. I don't know if the numbers that go with the sizes are suppose to be your bust? Mine is 42 inches so I would get the large (40-44)? I've also heard of using a waist cincer(sp) with the wide elastic panels? But I don't know how well that would work on my chest. I'm a ddd.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #203
belligerent
Viking Metal

Underworks has a method to figure out your sizing for their products. It's on their site somewhere, but this is roughly the method (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).

1. Measure around the fullest part of your chest.
2. Measure around your torso just under your buubs, where the bra band would normally go.
3. Add these two numbers together.
4. Divide by two.

Whatever number you get is the number you should pick your size by.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #204
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Underworks has a method to figure out your sizing for their products. It's on their site somewhere, but this is roughly the method (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).

1. Measure around the fullest part of your chest.
2. Measure around your torso just under your buubs, where the bra band would normally go.
3. Add these two numbers together.
4. Divide by two.

Whatever number you get is the number you should pick your size by.
That's what the site said and I couldn't find their little system thingy. But I will do that. I suppose if I need extra help I can ask the site or some thing.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #205
VeeVenom

one question Kelley?
do i wear bra with the compression top or without?
i'm not sure which is more comfy..
this will be my first time crossplaying so i'm not sure how this works
underworks measurements are mainly for men, this might sound stupid but will i small men's size fit a female bra size of 34C?
Unread 09-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #206
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
I couldn't find their little system thingy.
It's just the sizes they list. Here's a walkthrough:

AnimechanTROLOLOL69 wants to cosplay as James from Pokemon but is somewhat busty and tired of only cosplaying James from that one episode where he had fake boobs. After incorrectly binding herself with electrical tape and shoelaces on a friend's recommendation, and ensuing hijinks which were less than hilarious, she is now ready to attempt a chest binder.

AnimechanTROLOLOL69's around buubs measurement is 38. Her under the buubs measurement is 30. She will add these two numbers together then divide by two to get her underworks size.

38 + 30 = 68
68/2 = 34

On the underworks website, a 34-36 for the tritop is a medium...so she should get a medium.

Basically, whatever number you get, you just use their sizes and pick the size that your number falls under. It also depends on what binder you want, what size to get.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago

Last edited by belligerent : 09-03-2011 at 11:14 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 02:27 AM   #207
SukishoIsLove

I'm around a 36 B, what is a good method for me that doesn't involve a chest binder from underworks/other companies. Whould a tight sports bra work or something similer?

Future Cosplay:
Asuna - SAO
Chihaya - Chihayafuru
Kasahara - Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
SukishoIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #208
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukishoIsLove View Post
I'm around a 36 B, what is a good method for me that doesn't involve a chest binder from Underworks/other companies. Would a tight sports bra work or something similar?
Keep an eye out for Champion Compression Sport Bras. I found them at Target, but they're probably other places too. I'm a 36 C and a small does almost as good a job as the Tri-Top from Underworks. It might do the trick for you.

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #209
SukishoIsLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
Keep an eye out for Champion Compression Sport Bras. I found them at Target, but they're probably other places too. I'm a 36 C and a small does almost as good a job as the Tri-Top from Underworks. It might do the trick for you.
Thanks.

Future Cosplay:
Asuna - SAO
Chihaya - Chihayafuru
Kasahara - Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
SukishoIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #210
Mrimshii

When measuring yourself for a compression shirt from Underworks... should I measure with my bra on or without one?
Mrimshii is offline   Reply With Quote