Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #226
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm going to be doing kimono!Alois soon which means I need to do open-shirt binding. I tried it with some type of sports tape (I don't remember what it was). It felt like it was going to peel off. What type do you recommend? A tutorial linked on this thread mentioned Kindmax but I have no idea where that's sold.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #227
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'm going to be doing kimono!Alois soon which means I need to do open-shirt binding. I tried it with some type of sports tape (I don't remember what it was). It felt like it was going to peel off. What type do you recommend? A tutorial linked on this thread mentioned Kindmax but I have no idea where that's sold.
I've used this thing called coach tape, it's white and meant to be put on skin if I don't remember wrong. I've never had a problem with it peeling off or something, even though I've wore it for a whole con day.
I buy it at sport stores in Sweden... I guess the US would have something similar?

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #228
LT. Sarcastic

That link to underworks; what do you know of using the compression shorts on a girl who's packing quite the butt? I'm not quite sure on padding my waist (how to do it, make it look normal/good), so I'm wondering if by some magic this sort of thing will make it disappear?
LT. Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #229
Sellesion

Has anyone tried the new binder Underworks has on their site, posted beneath the Tri-top, its the "Extreme Chest Concealer Tank"? It seems just as strong as the Tri-Top but with more coverage. Does anyone use this binder? Does it roll up or cause other issues?

Linky:
http://www.underworks.com/988.html
Sellesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #230
hollowlaughter

So far I've been pretty happy with my Underworks 997, especially since I don't need to be perfectly flat for the character in question due to 2 layers of clothing and an ascot.

However, for my personal comfort, when I get my chest situated in a manner that looks correct, I have a bit of a "muffintop" issue with the arm holes of the tanktop. I can get it working when I do some bandaging over the binder, but I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable and was considering a compression bra (one of the Champion ones) underneath to control my 40DD chest and help with wicking for summer heat.

Has anyone tried using the two in tandem before? I'm worried that a bra might be counter-productive to getting my chest situated properly.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #231
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. Sarcastic View Post
That link to underworks; what do you know of using the compression shorts on a girl who's packing quite the butt? I'm not quite sure on padding my waist (how to do it, make it look normal/good), so I'm wondering if by some magic this sort of thing will make it disappear?
Missed this.

I own a pair of their shorts (actually two pairs since they accidentally sent me two and you can't return bottom garments).

I'm not sure they compress that much, and they also seem to rearrange things in such a way to...emphasize?? Which I don't want. If they compressed more, maybe it'd work better.

I also have a pair of McDavid compression shorts and those compress better. I quit wearing compression shorts for the most part because I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference, and in certain cosplays, the combo of shorts and binder gives me weird bulges when I sit down that aren't normally there.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #232
wolfspeaker

This so needs to be stickied I keep losing this thread when I want to get people to read it!

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #233
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellesion View Post
Has anyone tried the new binder Underworks has on their site, posted beneath the Tri-top, its the "Extreme Chest Concealer Tank"? It seems just as strong as the Tri-Top but with more coverage. Does anyone use this binder? Does it roll up or cause other issues?

Linky:
I haven't used it but I'd have to say that I think the neckline is a bit low. One's boobs might bulge out the top a bit or not get enough compression because of the lack of material around the area.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #234
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellesion View Post

Linky:
I may have to save up for that one! It looks like a Tri-top with a tank over it that smooths everything else out. Just what I want! Also if it is indeed stronger, my boobs may actually stay where I put them instead of forming uniboob.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #235
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience about using fashion tape underneath a binder? My boobs like to slide in toward the middle and I don't always have the time to move them back. I keep trying to figure out a way to encourage them to stay off to the sides. I thought fashion tape might be the encouragement it needs.
Any thoughts?

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #236
wolfspeaker

@kaylee - I have exactly the same problem glad to know it is not just me lol sadly I have not found any solution to the problem either I have a con in just over a week and sadly no time to travel anywhere to try and find some tape or else I would have tried it and let you know how it went. It does seem the most practical solution obviously it would not need to be as much as for open shirt binding, my only other thought would be maybe some sort of soft sports bra under the binder one designed to seperate them not squash them

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #237
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspeaker View Post
@kaylee - I have exactly the same problem glad to know it is not just me lol sadly I have not found any solution to the problem either I have a con in just over a week and sadly no time to travel anywhere to try and find some tape or else I would have tried it and let you know how it went. It does seem the most practical solution obviously it would not need to be as much as for open shirt binding, my only other thought would be maybe some sort of soft sports bra under the binder one designed to separate them not squash them
I haven't tried a sport bra underneath yet. I've got a compression one for lightweight binding and one with more support for, you know, a sports bra. Maybe I should get a simple, cheap one and try it. If nothing else it might be easier to use the tape under the bra before putting on the binder.

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #238
wolfspeaker

Thought I would add to this as I recently got a binder from Les Love Boat

I bought this binder: http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=122

So I am a size 34E chest and have been struggling with the tri-top rolling up on me so thought I would give this a try

I ordered a size large which sadly was to big for me so I cant really comment on how well it binds I am hoping to give it to a friend in a few months and will let you know how she get on with it

Pros:
- Same length as the tri-top but does not roll up
- Slightly smaller arm holes so less underarm boob
- Really nice soft comfy fabric with full trim so no rubbing
- Velcro fastening so fully adjustable
- Cheap shipping and mine arrived in less that a week (UK)
- Will exchange for different size under certain conditions
- Does not have juya logo on outside like in picture

Cons:
- Non stretchy front makes this potentially harder to breath in
- Fabric it is made of makes certain clothes cling to it
- Only comes in grey
- More expensieve than most
- Packaging had Love Boat Shop written on it
- Dont except returns and are based in Taiwan so exchanges are expensieve

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques

Last edited by wolfspeaker : 07-18-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #239
Akune-chan

Okay guys!

So recently I found out that I am a 36A (which is a relief to me since I thought that I was a B cup) and I was looking into getting a Compression Tank/Shirt from Underworks. [Preferably the Style 594 Muscle one so it can keep my stomach flat as well.]

I measured my bust size (40in with breasts included) and then measured underneath (33in) like the way to figure out what size to get says to do. I added them together (40+33=73) and then found the average (36.5in).

Now my problem is this.
For the Style 594 Muscle the small size goes from a chest 32-35in and then the medium size goes from 36-39in. I am not really sure if the medium size one would be a bit too big since I am at the start of a medium and the end of the small.

Are there any females out there with my cup size that got the Compression Body T? What size did you girls get them in? What size would probably work best for me? I truly do not wish to waste money for the product to stretch or hurt me. :[

Thank you for your help!

[Repost from other thread]

Edit;
Does anyone know of the Style 997 and if it works?
Idk how to link it from the website D:

Last edited by Akune-chan : 08-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #240
TheGothiestFrag

Since I crossplay A LOT I think I'll definitely invest in one of those tri-tops but in the past I would use a stretchy "sticks to itself but not to you" guaze type tape. I was able to make my DDs dissappear and could still breath. and never had to worry about it coming undone even when I was all sweaty lol
TheGothiestFrag is offline   Reply With Quote