Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #31
DingDing

Thanks so much for this D
Uhm, i was going to buy the tri-top from Underworks but its too expensive and I need money for everything else. So Ima bind, when you do so should i wear a sports bra/crop top underneath to stick the bandage to?! or should i just go on straight to skin?
and i was just thinking, should i put some oil or whatever on my skin before the bandages to reduce rashes and such?
Thankkksss

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #32
Later Gator
Cosplayer-in-training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
Before and after pictures => http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2356056/
If anyone would like to share theirs, I'll edit this post.

How-to and before and after pictures => http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2082812/

This is a tutorial I found => http://vandorwolf.deviantart.com/art...rial-139817876
The links I included in this quote were all dead for me. D:

I am especially interested in the open-shirt-front method, as my intended crossplay would be that of Simon from Gurren Lagann.
[http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren...2_r4_c2_f2.jpg]

Thanks in advance! :]

In Progress:
Bel/Bianca (Pokemon B&W) [75%]
Charmander Gijinka (Pokemon) [85%]

Planned: (I'm just putting ideas down here, so don't take them all seriously, haha!)
Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Vriska // Mindfang (MSPaint Adventures: Homestuck/Hivebent)
Simon (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan)
Penelo (Final Fantasy XII)
Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
Grelle (Kuroshitsuji)
Rip Van Winkle (Hellsing)

See you at FanimeCon and WonderCon '11!
Later Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

I'm going to be open shirt binding for the first time for my Simon (Gurren Lagann) cosplay this comming summer. I explained the process to my parents and they gave me a seriously freaked out 'WTF? Are You Serious?' look. D: I definately going to practice the method to see if I'm comfortable with it at the con without any problems.

Just a question about the method: how long can you wear the binding like that? And will it cause stretchmarks or scarring overtime?
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #34
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

http://sillysisshisunshine.deviantar...74980#/d1b1zgf

This is a link to my results with the Underworks shirt, and I'm a 40H.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #35
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Can I ask a strange question? I know the Underworks shirts seem to be pretty effective, but I'm wondering if I could could put padding underneath the middle of the tank so my hips are less of a hourglass? I'm pretty tiny so I don't think padding would hurt, but I'm wondering if I put it under the tank to secure it, would it be visible or would it just get compressed into nothing? :'D

I figured if I wrapped fabric around my middle that I could use the tank to secure it without pins? Any advice/experience would be helpful!

PS: What's the difference between the normal compression tank and the more expensive one Underworks wears? I'm a 30/32 C, if that helps any.

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #36
pltshp
i did what i have to do

By the way, I ordered my compression shirt (the tri-top from Underworks) and I'll be sure to take pictures once it arrives to show you guys how well it works on my DDs!

Sisshi; I will never fail to be awed by that picture :'D
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #37
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisshi View Post
http://sillysisshisunshine.deviantar...74980#/d1b1zgf

This is a link to my results with the Underworks shirt, and I'm a 40H.
Wow! That's a fantastic result! May I ask if you're...um...pushing your breasts out to the side or down? When I tried just compressing them out to the side, I got fairly large "pecs" and some tendency for the breasts to bulge a bit by the armhole. If I compressed them down, then I didn't have pecs but they sort of filled in the area that's normally smaller above my belly button (does that make sense?). I can't decide which looks best.
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #38
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkRaven View Post
Can I ask a strange question? I know the Underworks shirts seem to be pretty effective, but I'm wondering if I could could put padding underneath the middle of the tank so my hips are less of a hourglass? I'm pretty tiny so I don't think padding would hurt, but I'm wondering if I put it under the tank to secure it, would it be visible or would it just get compressed into nothing? :'D

I figured if I wrapped fabric around my middle that I could use the tank to secure it without pins? Any advice/experience would be helpful!

PS: What's the difference between the normal compression tank and the more expensive one Underworks wears? I'm a 30/32 C, if that helps any.
Do you mean like, workout compression shirts ? If so, they're completely different things. Underworks are meant to bind excess breast tissue - workout shirts are just meant to be somewhat tight on the body, but aren't intended to actually compress fat/breast tissue.

Underworks has the cheapest actual breast binders. From experience, I don't think a workout shirt would do much for a 32C, if anything. I've seen people use these shirts, and they just hug around you - showing you off, not pressing you in.

As for the padding - try it and see what you like best. How well it hides depends on the shaping and how well the edges blend (taper away against the skin).

You would want a stretch fabric if you were going to wrap it around yourself. Personally, I would think to put it OVER the binder - make some kind of "under-tank" with the padding on it, maybe ?
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #39
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Later Gator View Post
The links I included in this quote were all dead for me. D:

I am especially interested in the open-shirt-front method, as my intended crossplay would be that of Simon from Gurren Lagann.
[http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren...2_r4_c2_f2.jpg]

Thanks in advance! :]
O noes. D:

That link wasn't mine, so I don't know it's broken. I'll see what I can dig-up for a new one.
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #40
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Open Shirt Binding Tutorial: http://yirico92.deviantart.com/art/O...binding &qo=1

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #41
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
Do you mean like, workout compression shirts ? If so, they're completely different things. Underworks are meant to bind excess breast tissue - workout shirts are just meant to be somewhat tight on the body, but aren't intended to actually compress fat/breast tissue.

Underworks has the cheapest actual breast binders. From experience, I don't think a workout shirt would do much for a 32C, if anything. I've seen people use these shirts, and they just hug around you - showing you off, not pressing you in.

As for the padding - try it and see what you like best. How well it hides depends on the shaping and how well the edges blend (taper away against the skin).
Ah, sorry I meant to ask about the different types of tank top binders on Underworks, not in comparison to a regular sports compression shirt :'D I'm just confused about them, because they seem to offer various levels of compression and I don't know if it'd be necessary to get that new one that has the triple panel compression thingy! Do you have any recommendations? I wouldn't mind one that'd allow me to have that 'pec' effect, seeing as it's going to be hard to convince people I'm a guy with how tiny I am >.> (5'6" and 106 lbs).

I'm not going to try to make my padding super-perfectly taper - the clothes my character wears are pretty baggy. Mainly, I just want to look more filled out, as well as not showing curves when the fabric moves against me as turn my torso, etc.

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #42
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
By the way, I ordered my compression shirt (the tri-top from Underworks) and I'll be sure to take pictures once it arrives to show you guys how well it works on my DDs!

Sisshi; I will never fail to be awed by that picture :'D
Me too, and it's my picture XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady View Post
Wow! That's a fantastic result! May I ask if you're...um...pushing your breasts out to the side or down? When I tried just compressing them out to the side, I got fairly large "pecs" and some tendency for the breasts to bulge a bit by the armhole. If I compressed them down, then I didn't have pecs but they sort of filled in the area that's normally smaller above my belly button (does that make sense?). I can't decide which looks best.
My breasts are more on the squishy side so when I put the shirt on they compress ok. Once I get the shirt on I pull them up a bit actually so I look like I have pecs and not an awkward extra lump above my belly button. Just like when you wear a bra, you have to adjust yourself so everything sits where it's supposed to. Once you're 'settled in' they don't shift much.

To the author: The links in the first post are broken.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^

Last edited by Sisshi : 02-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #43
lightwave
nu ABO

Everyone seems to be getting the tri-top from Underworks, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about just the plain body shirt they have? (Style 993: http://www.underworks.com/993.html). My chest isn't very big (though I have a super wide ribcage sigh) and I can get by ok just with a sports bra, but I'd like something that works a little better. And the body shirt is a little more in my budget, haha.

Thanks in advance!
lightwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #44
Kelley
Devil of Details

@lightwave : That one looks like it focuses on stomach compression more than chest compression, which might not be what you want. There doesn't look like there's much going on in the chest area to compress.

If you *want* a longer one, I would recommend the 997 or 998 over that one - they focus on the CHEST or at least don't exclude it.

Though, honestly, unless you *need* something longer, I would get the tri-top. It might be more compression than you *need*, but if you get the right size, you'll be fine - and it won't roll up on you or anything. The synthetic material can get "stuffy", so unless you really, really want stomach compression, I wouldn't go for it.
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
Masao

I've always planned to get a T-Kingdom, but now I'm rethinking that plan.

I've never owned a formal binding shirt, just something I made myself, which was basically a non-elastic thick band of fabric that I covered my breast area, and also covered up the space under my breasts. The problem with that is it's not that comfortable. And I want to breath properly for once.

I have a pretty tiny size, which was why my method above worked so well. So I'm wondering if Underworks is good for an A? Or would T-Kingdom be better after all? I have a really small ribcage and small waist, too. :x
Masao is offline   Reply With Quote