Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Lightbulb Your ideal lolita wig line?

Hello, lolitas.

I'm currently working on a little (not so distant) future project for Cosplay.com Shopping and I'd love your help!

I'm no lolita, so I want your opinions on what your dream lolita wig line would be. Please be as specific and opinionated as you would like. Here's some ideas to address:

Would you prefer straight colors (straight blonde) or mixed colors? (light blonde/dark blonde mix)

For pigtail wigs, is it important to have a part in back, or just clip ons to put on long or short wigs?

What kind of fantasy colors and combinations would you like to see?

Would you prefer heat-styleable fibers or regular kanekalon fibers? i.e. how much styling and what kind of styling do you do for your wigs? Curling? Teasing?

Do you re-style your wigs many times, or prefer to just use a pre-styled wig and never change it?

Do you prefer blunt-cut bangs or layered bangs that you can cut into blunt bangs later? Or would you prefer no bangs at all?

...really, the questions I have could go on and on. :P

I think there should be an emphasis on natural colors, but I don't want to discount the popular sweet styles of all the cotton-candy fun colors, but I'm not sure how many people out there would be interested in those styles. ANY and ALL opinions and photo references are very much appreciated. Your opinions will count in the very near future! And if you know any lolitas that don't frequent these forums (I know it's kinda dead in the lolita section here...) please have them drop on by to help with ideas. This is a project for all of YOU, so the more information you give, the happier everyone will be.

Last edited by Jia Jem : 10-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Chyster
Umbrella Corp UBCS

Hmmm colors...
Well, it depends from person to person, but natural colors would be a must, like you said. But maybe a few wig colors for sweet, like pinks, blues, or purples?
And I vote heat-resistant wigs~
Chyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
爱 Linh
Ai Chi

I don't wear wigs with lolita so not sure how helpful I'll be, but I've noticed that split coloured wigs seem to be getting kinda popular http://pics.livejournal.com/akicookie/pic/0000afg2 http://community.livejournal.com/dai...40.html#cutid1.

personally I find clip on ponytails look better cause you don't have your real hair sticking out at the back.

I think heat resistance is pretty important... but than again I don't use wigs so not sure.. =P

hope that helped? =]
爱 Linh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Eleksin
Eleksin

For some mixed colors, something like this would be amazing~! Pastels and more natural looking pinks and blues would be awesome as well. None of the really bright color you see for cosplay. I also agree with the split color wigs. I usually see blonde-pink variations, or any light colors, rather than dark ones. For me, I would love to see curls, lots and lots of curled wigs and clip ons. Heat resistant fibers would be excellent and as for bangs, I think layered long ones would be perfect because the side swept bangs are more popular with classic, while blunt is more popular with sweet. It's easy to cut in blunt bangs so I see no problem there. You know what would be awesome that you could also sell? Cheap wig stands/heads and unnatural color wig caps (weren't these sold before?). I have been looking for affordable stands/heads, but there is nothing near me that sells them at a price I am willing to pay.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
joannlovesddr
i love ddr.

I definetly agree with Eleksin
pretty much summed it all
the fibers itself must be : heat resistant (so lolitas can style!)

but i love pastels and mixed colors....it just looks more like candy and yummy
If there were a heat resistant wig that had clip on fall curls, with mixed colors that are bright enough to be pastels, with either adjustable bangs, i would DEFINEITLY BUY IT

facebook.com/pokpanda
joannlovesddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

I'll write up a more detailed post later, but the first thing that comes to mind is wigs pre-styled with the "hime bump," where there are a lot of volumized curls piled on top of the head (I'll post pics later because I'm blah at explaining right now).

Really, lots of volume and lots of curls in general are pretty important, especially when dealing with sweet styles.
fabrickind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #7
Meiki

-Natural & Pastel colors. Pink, blue, and lavender preferably.
-Heat resistant!
-Split colors and mixed colors.
-I personally like parted wigs better than short wigs and clip-ons, but I think I'm kind of in the minority on that.
-Different clip on ponytails. Short puffy ones, shoulder-length ones, and pretty long ones, like back length would be great for styling.

I might suggest if you really want a wide range of options to ask this over at http://egl.livejournal.com, it's the largest community that I know of and you'd get a ton of responses.
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #8
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I can say that curly clip-ons are a definite priority, both short and long. What about a bob style, or the Lady Gaga-like hair bows? I see it a lot of these on Lolitas in Japan, but notice that it's not very popular here in the U.S. And keep the suggestions coming - I'll definitely keep the popular sweet colors (both vivid and muted pastels) in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musouka_Ningyou View Post
I'll write up a more detailed post later, but the first thing that comes to mind is wigs pre-styled with the "hime bump," where there are a lot of volumized curls piled on top of the head (I'll post pics later because I'm blah at explaining right now).

Really, lots of volume and lots of curls in general are pretty important, especially when dealing with sweet styles.
Like this? (Well, the one on the left - the one on the right is a little frizzy. :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
...You know what would be awesome that you could also sell? Cheap wig stands/heads and unnatural color wig caps (weren't these sold before?). I have been looking for affordable stands/heads, but there is nothing near me that sells them at a price I am willing to pay.
We do have collapsible wig stands in stock, we just haven't added them to the store yet. Also we do still have the colored wig caps, but they're a little hidden:
http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/wig-accessories.html
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
Eleksin
Eleksin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
We do have collapsible wig stands in stock, we just haven't added them to the store yet. Also we do still have the colored wig caps, but they're a little hidden:
http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/wig-accessories.html
Lol has that been there the whole time? I swear I didn't see it there before. XD
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

Exactly like that! I'd buy them, both for fashion and cosplay (why am I doing 3 different characters with very similar hairstyles next Fanime? D. If at all possible, maybe have a variation with the hard-looking "bump" and a variation more with soft curls?

Besides what has been covered (I really like the idea of different types of clip-on ponytails, especially really short puffball style ones, split and mixed colours, natural-looking unnatural colours, etc.), how about things like half wigs, clip-in bangs (in various colours, natural and unnatural), and the aforementioned hairbows? I'd probably buy clip-in bangs or a hairbow if they came in a good range of colours.

For clip-on ponytails, I like just plain short or long wigs with them, no part. It's easiest to change up the style that way. For bangs, I'd like to see bangs that people cut themselves as to give the widest range of possible styles. Since I'm rubbish at wig styling, I'd like to see pre-styled wigs (or very easy to style wigs, like adding clip-ons or teasing out curls a little more), and I don't think I'd change the style of the wig unless it was something really simple, like changing the out the ponytails for another set.

I second the suggestion of posting this on the EGL comm.
fabrickind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
sonicSWEETheart

heat resistant would be amazing.
i agree that pastels colors like pink, blue, lavander are a must. pink would probably be the most important though because that seems to be the most popular color. for natural colors, beyond brown, black, light brown, blonde, and platinum blonde, you should also do that honey golden blonde brown color, white, grey, or a ginger brown like in the hime picture above.
clip-in ponytails are awesome because some people just put then in their actual hair for more volume and then you can use the base as a short hair wig. i like the bob idea and maybe you could incorperate it with the base wigs for clip ons??? it might also be nice to stock one really long pigtail wig with a part in the back so if someone prefered that they could style it anyway.
the multi color idea is cool, but there are a bunch of combinations (choco-pink, blonde-blue, black white.
i would also LOVE to see a wig that's kinda short with TONS of curls and then straight long bangs in the front for styling. that way you can fluff out the curls for that super poofy look, that was mentioned in a previous thread:

and then cute clip-ins like this!

itd be so cute along with the idea of varying clip-in styles
sonicSWEETheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
sonicSWEETheart

poffy hair like this:
sonicSWEETheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Eleksin
Eleksin

For short wigs, some with curls like this would be GREAT.
Unread 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
Ororo Howlett
When in doubt, FRAG OUT!

I just need wig fibers that aren't OMGShiny! The fibers should look natural and have a bit of texture to them.
Unread 10-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #15
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
For short wigs, some with curls like this would be GREAT.
I second this. I love wigs like that (and have been looking for a good one for ages)

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote