Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Closed Thread
Unread 10-08-2003, 08:00 AM   #1
Sana-chan
I know, right?

San Diego Halloween Gathering, Anyone?

Who would be interested in having a San Diego cosplay Halloween gathering somewhere thingy thing? I think it'd be really cool to all do something and if people want to, let's work something out ^_^.

Unread 10-08-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
AgentSakur9
Yatta Ze! *^_^*

I'd Love to be on hand to take some snaps! =) Let me know if you need any help!
Unread 10-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #3
wenisit
c'est le temp perdu

Humm....san diego would be a 2 hr drive for me and some others...anyway, it could be a tad more north perhaps? But yea, i was just thinking about posting a reply like this today...came on to do it and saw this Hope it works out! every halloween bites so far for me. not many costumy people in my area
Unread 10-08-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
Velvy

I think it's an awesome idea. XD My friend and I live in Escondido and there's no where to go around here, so we were going to head to San Diego anyways. ^_^ But a cosplay gathering would make it 10X more fun.

Unread 10-10-2003, 12:29 AM   #5
LordofWickd4est
By Your Side

This idea sounds great. I live in Scripps Ranch and will be working in Mira Mesa during the day on Halloween. The night is free however. There are a ton of nice parks for an outdoor gathering in the Scripps and Mira Mesa area. The ones in Scripps would have to be vacated at 10pm though, the yuppies hate it when people have a night life.

I have no idea about good locations in other parts of SD though. We could always have a restaraunt or movie theatre gathering. Maybe both.
Unread 10-10-2003, 12:47 PM   #6
CinsAngel
Foofy Poofy Redhead!

When and Where?
*L* Unfortunately I'm worknig most of the day on Friday (as if that will stop me from dressing up) And that night I'm going to a Class halloween get together. Were you planning on doing it RIGHT on halloween or on the weekend since it falls on a Friday. I'm just curious

Cins
Unread 10-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #7
Reno_kun
who ya gonna call?

Dearest sana-chan, you met me a comic-con i was dressed as kusanagi with jackie.
I would love to help you gather up more people count me in!
Unread 10-11-2003, 02:55 AM   #8
LordofWickd4est
By Your Side

Saturday I've already got another halloween gathering to go to, so friday is probably best for me. It is a small casual kinda party, but I could ask the hostess if she is ok with a few extra guests. However, I think if we want to have a cosplay party, we should probably make it an event unto itself. Friday I will be in costume at work from 11am to 7pm, but that still leaves anoth 11 hours of night with which to have fun. Maybe we could have both a friday and saturday gathering to accomodate more people's schedules.
Unread 10-11-2003, 09:23 AM   #9
Sana-chan
I know, right?

Cindy- I was thinking on Halloween itself cuz I hafta be at work on the weekend as always ><;;;. It'd be so awesome tho if you could come!

It'd also be awesome if I can figure out where and what time to do this lol.
Unread 10-12-2003, 01:08 AM   #10
Suzushichan
outta here

I dunno, but count me in! oooh....but what new costume to wear...Uriko, Duo, hmmm....
Tell me when and where! I'll be there! Oo!
Unread 10-12-2003, 04:46 AM   #11
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Oh cool. There are a group of us that really want to do something halloween until 11pm when we are going to go to the Whaley House and graveyard tour in San Diego.

I'm briniging Wayne #2 (Squall Wayne), Krispy Mike (Neo), Averi and a few others down to San Diego for the day.

I definately don't want to impose, but we are in search for SOMETHING to do Halloween until the Whaley House thingie.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Unread 10-12-2003, 09:06 AM   #12
Sana-chan
I know, right?

Oh no that'd be awesome if they all were there!! Anyone have any specific suggestions as to where we could go? Perhaps out to dinner or something?
Unread 10-12-2003, 03:37 PM   #13
Reno_kun
who ya gonna call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sana-chan
Oh no that'd be awesome if they all were there!! Anyone have any specific suggestions as to where we could go? Perhaps out to dinner or something?
how bout babolapark, it's nice and scary on halloween and we can hit the trail of terror while we are at it. ^^
Unread 10-12-2003, 09:19 PM   #14
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Yeah I was thinking about something like Balboa Park and Old Town area as well.

Somewhere where we can all hang out, get some dinner and have fun, instead of just a 5 minute: hello, nice to see you, nice costume and then jet.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Unread 10-12-2003, 11:48 PM   #15
LordofWickd4est
By Your Side

Balboa park has good atmosphere, but no good food. It can be a place to frolic after dinner. Regarding food we should probably pick a restaraunt to make reservations with and meet at. Having food and drinks would be a great way to start the night. After that, head out for spooky fun. Still have to work out everybodies schedules as well. If the gathering is at Balboa Park, I'll need to carpool with somebody. I will compensate them for gas. The bus that goes to my neighborhood stops running at 7:30
Closed Thread