Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
SoundofChimes

Iceland/Norway cosplay

My first time cosplaying is gonna be at the hetalia con but the the stupid procrastinator i am, my Hong Kong cosplay turned out to be random pieces of clothing from my closet it turned out horrid XD. So for Anime Evolution, yes the one all the way in summer 2011, i'm thinking of either cosplaying as Norway and/or iceland. like the procrastinating perfectionist i am i'm probably gonna start making the cosplay now...so does anyone know a good pattern for iceland or norway? Icelands outfit seems quite easy to make but its norways outfit that looks quite hard since i don't see alot of sailor outfits, his hat looks quite hard too. and does anyone know what kind of fabric i should use too? i'm a complete newb at sewing and yes i have to make it cause my parents say i have to try sewing stuff myself OTL

oh and i need a good place to buy the wigs too. the iceland wig from fantasy wig looks pretty good but i didn't like the norway one does anyone know any sotres that sells good norway wigs? classe looks like it sells good wings but i don't speak japanese and i live all the way in canda does anyone know if they ship wigs to canda?

http://classewig.com/wig/

i'm wanna try to make my cosplay(s) look something like these

iceland
http://browse.deviantart.com/photogr...land?#/d28i14w

Norway
http://browse.deviantart.com/photogr...orway#/d2a58j6

Sorry for trouble you so much from reading my ridiculously long post *bows* hopefully i can also get a bit taller by then too...apparently i'm short for my age OTL
SoundofChimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Unfortunately, I don't believe Classe ships outside of Japan. You can hire a middle man to order the wig and ship it to you, though (for example, I believe kiratsukai and some other cosplay.com members have adds in the marketplace). Middlemen services (shipping, the service fee, etc) can be costly, though, adding to Classe's already high prices. (which kills me, since I think their colors are PERFECT, if expensive)
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
meepstio
jini;♥

i liked my norway wig from fantasy sheep XD color is not exactly accurate but the style is wonderful o3o
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
SoundofChimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda View Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe Classe ships outside of Japan. You can hire a middle man to order the wig and ship it to you, though (for example, I believe kiratsukai and some other cosplay.com members have adds in the marketplace). Middlemen services (shipping, the service fee, etc) can be costly, though, adding to Classe's already high prices. (which kills me, since I think their colors are PERFECT, if expensive)
i checked the market place but there seems to be nothing there? all i got was the the cosplay.com thing up there and 1/5 of an empty box... or maybe i just checked to early?
SoundofChimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Hold on, let me find Kiratsukai's ad.

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../27231/cat/500

If you do a google search for middleman services, you should be able to find others. There's another name for them, but I forgot what they're called...
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
Darkdreamyr
Lost Cause

I second Fantasy Sheep on ebay. I got my Norway wig from her and it's the nicest wig I own. The color's great, it's already cut and all I needed to do was comb it from the travel and put in his hair clip.
Darkdreamyr is offline   Reply With Quote