Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
LalaFTL
Red

Obligatory gun-jumping Blizzcon 2011 brainstorming thread

I saw Pyoska and Idmaif had already made some posts regarding costumes for next year and, on the long car ride home, I also started making a mental list of possibilities for next year.

Next year, my spouse wants me to actually start early so we can both wear costumes (and not be working on them the very morning of the con *ahem* >_>), so I am trying to come up with some decent pair costume ideas. I'm guessing after Alice and Essex's awesome witch doctors that there will probably be quite a few Diablo pairs out there but we've already stuck barbarians on the list of possibilities; I am leaning heavily towards this because it would mean I don't need a wig or bodypaint (lol) and the female version at least, going by the concept art, would be a great starter project for armor-making for me.

The only other idea I've come up with that I like enough to mention would be the Maiev/Akama combo I was considering last year. This would be considerably harder but I've yet to see an Akama and it would be neat to be unique.

What are some other ideas people have been tossing around?

And I am totally booking at the Hilton next year, lol.

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Tonksie

oh man, I promised myself I wasn't going to even think about costuming for at least 3 months, and then today, an idea popped into my head. It's not fully fleshed out yet, but I can't seem to get the idea out of my head.
Here's the thing though, it would be an original character based on an in-game character. It wouldn't be recognizable, but has the potential (with a LOT of hard work and dedication) to be awesome.
What do you guys think about something like that for Blizzcon, where the cosplay tends to be more specific characters/armor sets?

Oh, I'm also going to do this, possibly for day 2 (if you want to see the current model, click view in 3d) http://cata.wowhead.com/npc=49893 . Because, well... it's me, afterall.

P.S. Lala- You looked really hot as Fem-Illidan! I was like DAMN, I wish I looked like that!
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
SvK

Can you be more specific than 'Something you won't recognize but could be awesome'? That's very vague.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

QoB Kerrigan is my plan. But it's going to take a crap-ton of help from my friends.

Edit: LOL Tonksie, that's awesome to go as your NPC. I could go as Emeriss but it would be JUST A BIT trickier

Last edited by Maryssa : 10-26-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Amalaa

Tonks!

you should totally go as yourself!!! that would be awesome!!!!!!! and Candy Vendor??!! haha, if you don't I will! ;p
Amalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
Idmaif

I was just going to copy and paste that post again but I think everyone got the message lol... high Templar then archon
Idmaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
Nozze

QFT about Lala looking hot. No lie lol.

I'm going to finish Ysera and do it right, then maybe work on a fanart-inspired medic from StarCraft.

Maryssa - Pleeease do Infested Kerrigan. I can't believe someone hasn't actually gone through with it yet. The model at the nVidia booth looked okay, but the pink and brown hurt my eyes. She's on my dream list but I'm not even going to try it until I have more experience.
Femshep N7 Armor ◈ Mass Effect 2

Conventions
GenCon '11 ◈ Aug 4-7
BlizzCon '11 ◈ Oct 21-22

Dream Costumes
Elspeth Tirel ◈ Magic: The Gathering

@quorrra
Nozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
Fiendle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaFTL View Post
Next year, my spouse wants me to actually start early so we can both wear costumes (and not be working on them the very morning of the con *ahem* >_>)...

And I am totally booking at the Hilton next year, lol.
Haven't put much thought on a costume yet, but I'm definitely going to be something that I don't have to make entire pieces (read: wire skirt and several half finished garments) in my hotel. It was a small miracle I actually got the whole costume back in my original suitcase, it only took me 2+ hours of playing tetris with it. So either something simple or easy to fold up, or we're buying a big car and taking a road trip (which as far as the car goes is a high possibility already).

My boyfriend refuses to dress up, so I'll either be a solo costume, or grouped if I find someone else willing to dress up with me. I'm always somewhat partial to bosses or less popular characters, so we'll see.

It would be awesome to stay at the Hilton, but that will likely still be out of my budget. ^^;

And I agree with everyone else, fem-Illidan was super sexy. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryssa View Post
QoB Kerrigan is my plan. But it's going to take a crap-ton of help from my friends.

Edit: LOL Tonksie, that's awesome to go as your NPC. I could go as Emeriss but it would be JUST A BIT trickier
I didn't realize you had a Candy Vendor named after you, Lisa! xD And is Emeriss a play on your name, Marissa, or am I missing something? In any case, I am still waiting to see a worthy Kerrigan. You definitely have the figure for it, now you just need the several thousand dollars for materials and molding skills to make the pieces. If I lived in So-Cal and you funded the materials, I would LOVE to do some of the sculpts for your molds, and the painting once they were cast. I'm not very experienced with pouring molds, but I would have been happy to learn that too. But since I'm not in the area, I'll just send my best wishes. Good luck finding the help!

Costumes in progress:
SakuraCon '11 - Baby Jane Splicer (Bioshock)
Blizzcon '11 - Female Felguard (WoW)

Recent costumes:
Blizzcon '09 - Grand Widow Faerlina
PAX Prime '10 - Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
Blizzcon '10 - Lady Deathwhisper

Interested in some custom made plushies or dolls (either clothed, or bare for your own clothing creations)? Feel free to contact me in private message or at Jenny@fiendle.com. :3
Fiendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
gun2yoface
Gun2YoFace

i will be going as infested Kerrigan for the next blizzcon, i am so excited! I was supposed to go this year as her but we couldn't finish in time and i didn't want to put something out that I rushed since I have been working so hard for the past year on her.

it's so fun to hear of other people already brainstorming for next year
gun2yoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozze View Post

I'm going to finish Ysera and do it right....
Same. My costume actually wasn't how I wanted it to be. I plan on redoing the boots (which no one ended up seeing), and maybe the tail. And the dress. Ugh, broken sewing machine FTL. Next year I won't be eligible to win anymore, so I'll just be redoing/adding stuff for fun.

Though the boy wants to do Mal or a druid to match, so we'll probably start working on that..
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
LalaFTL
Red

Haha, thank you, guys! <3 Alas, I think being topless is part of the reason I'm sick, gah.

I would love to see a properly-done infested Kerrigan. Will take alot of money and work but it would be one of those costumes that just blows people away if done right. Good luck, ladies. (Hoping you post some progress shots!)

@Fiendle - Yeah, we drove from Arizona, but we still ended up playing Tetris in the trunk of the Camaro with wings, wig heads, and bags of stuff I needed to finish working on them. >< Never again! ...I say this but I'd also like to do a full set of AQ40 armor sometime, and I'm sure that won't fit in a tiny box. ><

@Tonksie - Awesome!! Will you be handing out candies in a basket...? Lol, people might end up hunting you down multiple times in a day if you do something like that.

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

Fiendle your bone arms were so awesome, I may have to pick your brain a little for tips Can't wait to see what you come up with for next year!

And yeah Emeriss was named after me One of my best friends used to work at Blizz.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
LilLadyBug
AKA Pythya (PY!)

Boy and I are also in planning mode. He has decided that he would like to cosplay..but I think right now he wants to keep it to himself, so I'll just say it's from the diablo universe and if he/we can pull it off, it will be pretty amazing.

For me, since his will be so much work, I'm thinking of doing a tier set. There should be no freaky mechanics to worry about, which means I can just focus on sewing and layering.

By popular request, the sprite darter will come back on day 2.
LilLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
Idmaif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Tomboy View Post
Same. My costume actually wasn't how I wanted it to be. I plan on redoing the boots (which no one ended up seeing), and maybe the tail. And the dress. Ugh, broken sewing machine FTL. Next year I won't be eligible to win anymore, so I'll just be redoing/adding stuff for fun.

Though the boy wants to do Mal or a druid to match, so we'll probably start working on that..
lol don't complain that it wasn't perfect! it was good enough to get you 1,000$
Idmaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

Doesn't mean she can't be particular in how she still wants it to look