Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 10-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
haydeez

Magisters pics somewhere?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had some examples of previous magisters costumes?
haydeez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
haydeez

For the patterns on the robe should I paint leather and attach it or paint fabric directly? Not sure how much stiffness I want to portray. Was thinking canvas for the robe if I attach leather panels but it wouldn't be good for painting (not without primer lol)
haydeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Tonksie

I think there are a couple of sets that have magister's in the title, so I'm not quite sure which set are you referring to in particular.

As for patterns on a robe, there are any number of ways to do them. For the Merciless Gladiator regalia set I did for this years blizzcon (see my gallery for pics) and did some of the details as just a fabric applique (all the gold pieces at the bottom), and some seperately as leather covered in fabric (the entire bodice, which I wouldn't recommend, as it was better in thought than in reality). You could use craft foam or leather (painted).

I would think about how you want to make the costume and what kind of designs are on it, and how you want it all to layer. I tried to look at my design in layers, figure what kind of weight and texture I wanted for each layer and then determined from that what kind of material would work best.

Good luck
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote