Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Megantron
*the pwnage*

stubborn fat of...stuborness!

hello all. i'm currently trying to slim down a few inches from my waist and thighs. i'm not at all big, but want to get into better shape. so cutting down on junk and trying to work out more

buuuuuuut my weight keeps going all over from losing 3lbs to gaining 5lbs i don't have a set weight but it'll flux from mid 120s to 130. not cool.

in short, just wanting to know some tips on how to slim down without bulking up a lot as far as weight. exercise and food tips are all welcome.

only i'm poor without equipment in mind
Megantron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
nadwolff

well im in a diet and i lost 7 pounds in 1 week, you need to stop eating junk food, bread, sodas. Eat chicken, vegetables, fruits, sea chicken, yougurt. and walk 30 mins at day

weigh lost 7/21 pounds[/font]

DONT MAKE WAR, MAKE PASTA
nadwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
nadwolff

o yes i forgot, eat 5 times at day.

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Megantron
*the pwnage*

sounds good nadwolff. i gave up soda last week and switched to tea, juice, and good old H2o. neighborhood here is bad so i can't get out to walk often, but my boyfriend's dad has a stepper i can jump on from time to time.
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

A few things to keep in mind while considering weight:

Don't weigh yourself mutliple times per day:
- Pick one consisten point in time to be your "weigh in" time. This is usually first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. It is the least likely to be affected by food and water intake.

Try not to weigh yourself multiple times per week:
- Unless you are following a rather dangerous diet, or have a very great deal of weight to lose, you shouldn't realistically expect more than a one to two pound drop in weight over the course of a week. If you are it is either water weight, or you are eating too little and losing muscle mass along with fat (which is bad)

Girls weight tends to fluctuate differently than boys:
- Due to hormonal shifts, girls can have times when they tend to retain more water than at other points in the month, which can lead to an increase in weight, without any change in lean body mass or fat. Tracking your weight fluctuations from week to week will give you a better expectation of what your weight should be.

I believe a far, far better practice for measuring progress is taking measurements and progress pictures. Once every week or two weeks is usually best. Keeping an actual record can also be extremely motivating, to look back and see what you accomplished, and often the scale doesn't budge while you completely transform yourself (aka recomposition).
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
nadwolff

only one thing, if you are drinking juice they need to be natural because the ones that sales at markets they arent naturals and they have a lot of sugar

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
Megantron
*the pwnage*

yeah i go for 100% juice. giving up soda has been terribly hard though DX
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
32spartan11
Spartan

Rjr Makes some great points, as well as nadwolff.

To elaborate a little further into what nadwolff was saying about eating 5 meals take the normal amount of calories and spread them out over 5 meals. This will fire up your metabolism, as well as keep your glucose and insulin levels more evenly distributed throughout the day which tells you body not to store fat. (Eating sporadically leads to spikes in both and triggers your body to store fat)

As far as a workout routine I would recomend a citcuit routine using weights or body weighted exercise. Keeping the amount of reps high (12+) won't build much muscle, if any depending on your fitness level. a decent routine would focus on your full body and include (or varitaions of) The Dead lift, squat, pull up, bench press (or pushup), Shoulder/military press and a form of rows. These 6 different compound exercises hit just about every part of your body.

a basic beginer routine that is quick and doesnt need equipment would be to go from a leg-to a pushing-to a pulling-to an ab exercise, circuit. Such as Body weighted squats, then push ups, inverted rows (basically the opposite of a pushup), and a plank. Do that 3 times for starters with 12-20 reps each (25-45 seconds for plank) and that is a good basic circuit that will target the whole body and can be completed within a half hour. Do this three times a week with at least a day of rest in between.

A great place to find workouts, nutritional information would be http://www.womenshealthmag.comIf your looking for even more information for about $20 (including shipping) you could get the womens health big book of exercises http://http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Health-Big-Book-Exercises/dp/1605295493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288305838&sr=8-1

this has alot of great workouts and nutritional advice as well I have the mens health edition and use the information in it frequently

Hope that helps!

my workout blog

http://weightgainersguide.blogspot.com/

Last edited by 32spartan11 : 10-28-2010 at 05:49 PM.
32spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Megantron
*the pwnage*

thnx ^^
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
distantarray

carb cycle, take in good carbs like fruits like apples, pears, grapefruits, oranges etc in the morning. Generally try to stick to things that have a high nutritional value over things like grapes which doesn't really have much but sugar. keep these towards the mornings

Take some carbs before or/and after a workout is fine, and generally try to avoid carbs within 4 hours of sleep (unless you workout close to bedtime), meats and veggies only is a good rule.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
distantarray

also vary up your workouts, changing pace like say you jog for 30minutes, instead mix running walking sprinting jogging in random order. and say you run every other day, try resting for 3-4 days then doing triple sets on a single day etc, basically throwing your body out of it's routine and create muscle confusion is a great way to break through new barriers.

if your lifting weights don't rest more than 1 minute between sets, and run AFTER you lift (on leg training days, running after is NOT recommended)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
Yukikittie

Running. I joined cross country and ran every single week day. I slimmed down pretty well for only doing it for two months.
Unread 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
Megantron
*the pwnage*

thanks guys.

distantarray: i never thought to try those things! i have no weights but i know some strength training moves that can substitute till i can get some weights.
Unread 11-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
Berenice
-NaruSakuHina-

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
also vary up your workouts, changing pace like say you jog for 30minutes, instead mix running walking sprinting jogging in random order. and say you run every other day, try resting for 3-4 days then doing triple sets on a single day etc, basically throwing your body out of it's routine and create muscle confusion is a great way to break through new barriers.

if your lifting weights don't rest more than 1 minute between sets, and run AFTER you lift (on leg training days, running after is NOT recommended)
If you say "triple set"s it's three sets of 30 mins exercise in a day?

Also, what do you mean by "basically throwing your body out of it's routine and create muscle confusion is a great way to break through new barriers."
Berenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
keinseele
Lets Sway with your SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadwolff View Post
well im in a diet and i lost 7 pounds in 1 week, you need to stop eating junk food, bread, sodas. Eat chicken, vegetables, fruits, sea chicken, yougurt. and walk 30 mins at day
so you say you lost 7 pounds by just doing that???
my dad got bariatric surgery for being way over weight so our eating habbits in my family have changed lots but it seems like just not eating junk food, soda, and eating chicken with every meal and walk more then 30 minutes a day (changed that long time ago and still no success?)

Megantron GOOD LUCK

AniMegaCon!
(Amy Sorel)= Soul Calibur
(March Hare)=Alice in wonderland
(Cheshire Cat)= Pandora Hearts
IDKs and IDK what convention yet
(Blonde Princess)=Etrian Odyssey
(Otaha's Yurine)=Karas: the prophecy
(Female Kratos)=God Of War

weight lose:
0/60lbs
keinseele is offline   Reply With Quote