Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 10-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Vycksta
That strange one

Iris from Pokemon - the best way?

I honestly don't know where to start with this so if I sound like I'm rambling then apologies in advance. xD

OKAY SO ANYWAYS. For A-Kon 22 I plan to get a Pokemon group together and I personally am going to cosplay as Iris, who I call a mini-BAMF cause she is. The thing is... well, she's like a lot of the characters in Pokemon. CRAZY HAIR. By crazy... this crazy. This is where a lot of you start groaning, ha ha.

I have no idea as to the best way to go about this. Buy a long wig and style it to the max? Buy a long wig and get two other attachments for the side pigtails? Styrofoam? I have been cosplaying since 2008 but all the characters I have previously cosplayed/still DO cosplay have had simple hairstyles that only need a bit of shaping with gel.

TL;DR what would you do? I'll listen to all suggestions.

Also I don't know if this is worth saying, but I come from England. Therefore I would prefer for methods that would mean that everything could fit in a suitcase, if that makes sense.

Future Events
A-kon 22 (( Zoey from Pokemon ))

Last edited by Vycksta : 10-29-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Vycksta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
doxiequeen1

Jeeze, I'd find a tutorial for stubbing a wig and stub the two pigtails, then get a hair fall for the back?

Or a really long wig and tie it into a lower pony tail and then stub the two pigtails?

I think you really need to stub the two front pigtail things. Which means you have to find a wig that sells, hair falls, extensions, and actual wigs XD

You could start with a lulu get this for the back clip And rip apart a long wig for the extensions.

I dunno if it could be done but perhaps you could use this straiten it and pull it up into really high pigtails?

I'm really not very good at this stuff xP They don't really have that purple >.<
Airily has the PERFECT purple but you'd have a wig that would cost more then $100 if you got everything from them (base wig $60+ two hair falls $80)
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

Yeah the best way I could see this is get a long wig and make a low pony tail in the back and then stub the two buns on top, doesn't have to be perfect, I'm impressed you're attempting it lol
Unread 10-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I suggest (based off this: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...0px-IrisBW.png ) a long wig, then to do clip ons for the two pigtails. Stubs might take too much hair, and the bottom of the wig wouldn't be as thick as you'd want. Maybe add more wefts to the wig to make it poofier.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote