Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 10-09-2003, 04:03 AM   #1
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Family Guy Battle Royale

Ok this one is an easy one, I just need that Kool aid guy costume from Otakon........

Kiriyama goes I am going to kill you all (4 people, 2 guys 2 girls). Then they run around the stage to cheesey Scooby Doo Chase music and even have a part where for like 10 seconds they boogie down like they did in Scooby Doo and like all dance together. Then they chase and get into the corner where there is a thin wall of paper. Then KiriYama goes I am going to Kill you all!!!!! Then you play the track from family guy where they go oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, and then The Kool Aid Guy Pops through the wall just like in Family Guy and goes OH YEA!!!!!!!!! and then everyone is confused and he leaves. If you haven't seen this ep of family guy I have the clip, it's a fairly famous moment.
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn

Yessss!!!!!!!!!
Family Guyyyyy!!!!!
Unread 03-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
momo_anzu
Looks like poo...I know..

Please??? Do this...if you are coming to Otakon! I don't wanna miss this. I loved that episode! He's all like "Oh Yeah!!" then everyone looks at him and he's all like...back away....^_^*
Unread 03-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #4
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

I so would, I really want to work on an FMA skit if GT! will have me...... but even this skit requires last years Kool aid guy to participate...........
Unread 03-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #5
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Not exactly sure how this is a skit for an anime convention... maybe more of a comic con... and having not seen the show, yes, I would agree with "Everyone is confused."

Or is Kiriyama a character from a series? How do the other people on stage relate to what Kiriyama is screaming?
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:38 AM   #6
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Kiriyama is a psychotic murderer from Battle Royale......the people are dressed up in Battle Royale outfits from the movie and also dance like when people are being chased like in Scooby Doo..........the Kool aid guy is just the icing on the cake........and when the chasing was going on I guess there would be some cool Japanese Music in the background...... either something rock or ironicly funny like a love song..........
Unread 03-09-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
Xanthix
Webmonkey Extraordinaire

It seems to me that according to your description, in order for people to get this skit they'll need to be familiar with Battle Royale/KiriYama, Scooby Doo, Family Guy, and the Kool Aid guy. First of all, this might be cutting into a fairly narrow subset of your audience, so a lot of people might not get it. Second of all, three out of those four are not related to anime, so some would frown on that if it's during an anime masquerade.
Unread 03-10-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I think there's just too much going on, mixing too much stuff, the punchline gets lost. Either just the Battle Royale with Scooby doo music, or just the Koolaid man....but I only understand that one because my bf is a huge Family Guy fan and he made me watch FGuy recently. For years I had a friend always saying the 'Oh no, oh no, oh YEAH!' and I never ever understood it. It might not be common enough for people to get it. Koolaid man is sorta old, and some of the younger cosplayers might not remember his commericals.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #9
Jun_Kazama

a lot of people might not get the jokes involved.

Personally, I think its hilarious ^_^
Jun_Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote