Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.84 average.
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #46
Fullmetal
Super Special Awesome

Probably going to get started on my boy friends Galactic pretty boy version of Takuto as soon as I can get to the fashion district, need to go there any way for stuff for school. I don't think I'll need a pattern, I make my own, or can probably just drape it, and make a pattern that way. Saves me a lot of time I have to think and measure a lot more to mod a pattern which in the end takes more time for me I'll be sure to upload pics when it's done though.
Fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #47
starrhettix

Pattern Suggestion?

Haha I plan on cosplaying pretty boy later this year too! I agree on the matrix pattern, but I found another one that MIGHT work with some altering in the collar, chest and lengthening the tails of the coat ^^

http://www.sewingpatterns.com/sub_item.php?item_num=2471bur&model=%&new_category =&view=gallery&brand=&category=search&pageGoto=432 &pageFormat=3|186|186&pageCount=18&search=costumes &return=yes
starrhettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm starting to see why having a seem at the wait works do well with military garments.

That being said I've also seen it done without them with cosplays from Japan. >__<

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #49
Eboni Ninja
Would You Kindly?

Hey everyone, I'm planning on cosplaying as Ginga Bishonen but I'm a little stumped on what kind of fabric I should use. My default coat fabric has always been a bottomweight like twill but I think his should have more flow. Any suggestion?
Unread 03-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I would normally use a white twill myself, but I have to agree about changing it up. But it's hard to find white suiting fabric that doesn't have wool.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 03-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #51
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #52
meepstio
jini;♥

I'm cosplaying galactic pretty boy!takuto rly soon c: I cant wait >w<
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
Kinlyu
Cup+Spoon=Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime10 View Post
I was super turned off by the first episode, but after reading some reviews about it, I decided to pick it up again. And although it is cheesy as hell its really fun to watch! I feel its popularity will skyrocket to Code Geass tier (because they both are very similar). Anyways, it'd be cool to see some cosplayers/crossplayers doing this series
Lol, same here. I let it be after the first ep because it's mecha (but I watched Geass, Gundam00 and Guren Lagann too), and then a friend of mine was all fannish about it, so I continued... it's really a lot of fun, isn't it? xD For now, it's nothing near Geass popularity though, but it may just be slow.

Aaaand so I decided I'd cosplay Sugata. He's really the type of character that I'd cosplay... I've finished the pants (casual outfit) but I'm struggling with the shirt... I've got a plain white shirt, but everyone on my FB agreed that it's not white.... so I might end up making one if I find a fabric in a suitable colour. I'm also going to do the school uniform, but that may be bought, since my Takuto ordered hers too - and it would be sad if the colours don't match ;_; (plus, I never made a blazer before! they scare me!)
Mia (Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn)
Saitou Hajime (Hakuouki S1)

My DA~
Kinlyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #54
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I've started to work with this pattern for my Jack cosplay and out of all the pattern I've worked with it's hase the most potential to work for Takuto's galactic pretty boy.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m552...hp?page_id=911

The pattern and a marker for where the middle of the coat will be which makes it more ideal for alterations as well. The back and sides are perfect as is.

I'm so maybe canning doing Takuto for now, I mostly fell in love with his hair and having so may problem with Jacks coat leaves me to not want to pull out my hair with Takuto.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-16-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Not to be too spoilerific but does anyone else feel like Sugata raided Cytomander (Gurren Lagann) closet at the end of episode 23. >___<

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
The fact there are rhinestones on his jump suit have me in tears of laughter and shame. I re-watched the last few seconds to make sense of what I was looking at. Dear God!!!

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-20-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #56
Fullmetal
Super Special Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Not to be too spoilerific but does anyone else feel like Sugata raided Cytomander (Gurren Lagann) closet at the end of episode 23. >___<

The fact there are rhinestones on his jump suit have me in tears of laughter and shame. I re-watched the last few seconds to make sense of what I was looking at. Dear God!!!
Yeah it looked really similar.
Fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #57
D4rk_N1nj4
Gentlemen.

So I'm planning to do Takashi Dai cosplay in his Glittering Crux outfit, but honestly, I don't know where to start. I suppose I will use wire to hold up the collar as well as form the "layers" for the coat itself. Any advice for the costume, especially types of fabrics and base designs?
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post

YES! MY GOD THE RESEMBLANCE KILLS ME!

Umbreon - Pokemon
Traveler - Journey

FUTURE COSTUMES:
Tardis - Doctor Who
Greninja - Pokemon
Inumuta Houka - Kill la Kill

Last edited by D4rk_N1nj4 : 03-20-2011 at 05:33 PM.
D4rk_N1nj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #58
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

When you use wire in a collar you want to sew in in place. You can see this in the Red Queen white collar.

http://www.costumersguide.com/alice/...s/redQueen.jpg

I've never seen a coat pattern like that. Your more then likely going to need to shirt pattern that is designed to have a middle seam/button up and work from that before making modifications.

Just to make thing more interesting the also gave him puff sleeves.
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...shi_Bankaa.png

Maybe this as a base pattern. But the sleeves are not right for him, since it puffs then tapper to be skin tight.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m624...hp?page_id=115

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #59
D4rk_N1nj4
Gentlemen.

Oh my bad, I should've posted my reference images. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1300734301
I'm trying to do his garbs from Vanishing Age, which has a coat more similar to a trench coat.
Hmm, but that shirt would make a good base for the puffy part of his shirt.

Umbreon - Pokemon
Traveler - Journey

FUTURE COSTUMES:
Tardis - Doctor Who
Greninja - Pokemon
Inumuta Houka - Kill la Kill
D4rk_N1nj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #60
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

The slevee are on the undershirt in that case the coat is sleeveless. ^_^ It looks like a two segment coat you won't find a pattern to do that but this one might help.

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...atternid=13283

You could also use the one I linked to form the top part and use the bottom trench pattern. Both layer would hem at the armpit and the top of the collar. It is however trick so expect to make and alter drafts out of cheap fabric first.

If you merge two pattern I would go with this pattern for the bottom since it marks were the center front is on the pattern and have the split tail back that would just need to be elongated.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m552...hp?page_id=911

The red collar looks like a separate piece with the folded down part is the actually collar on the coat.

Edit: Actually the long under coat look like it's attached to the red colour with the shorter overcoat worn on top. You would need to use Velcro or snap button at the front edge to keep them in place but they are two free floating garment rather then one coat to achieve that shape.

The good news is the undershirt will be easier to make with the bands covering the puff sleeves. You could probably find a grey turtleneck to mod by adding the black forearm (using the original grey segment as a pattern) and the puff sleeve over top of the shoulder of it so that you can stuff it.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.