Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.85 average.
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #61
aubergine

I plan on cosplaying the Ginga Bishounen version of Takuto for Anime North... I'm still trying to talk my friend into doing the episode 23 version of Sugata with me. The argument of the blinding awesomeness of the two of them at one convention is slowly eating away at her defenses.

Cons:
Anime North (May 23-25)
ConBravo (July 18-20)
aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #62
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

We're watching this anime club! (on episode 11) and I really kinda want to cosplay fish girl.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #63
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubergine View Post
I plan on cosplaying the Ginga Bishounen version of Takuto for Anime North... I'm still trying to talk my friend into doing the episode 23 version of Sugata with me. The argument of the blinding awesomeness of the two of them at one convention is slowly eating away at her defenses.
Please do! AN needs more StarDriver love.
A couple of screen captures.
http://randomc.net/2011/03/20/star-d...-no-takuto-23/
You can find purple zentai suits online in metallic and since there seems to be a pattern for the glitter, gluing on the sequence would be your best bet to match it.

For the exposed area using a Glissenette fabric you be the sanest way to keep it structure sound on the body. Glissenette is a sheer fabric used in figure skating the White can be dyed with Dylon inks because of it's 90% Nylon fabric count.

The fake peacoak feathers (the top look so wrong and out of craft foam lol) the bottom plum part reminds me of black Marabou or Ostrich feathers (Marabou are much cheaper). I would glue the shaft of the feather to strong wire (paint black) with the fake peacock top glued the wire as well. Depending on you friends height you would need 3 to 5 Marabou feathers (2 to 4 for Ostrich) for each plume cut and butted up end to end.

Here's the slightly slow topic on the AN forum about a gathering.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ht=Star+driver

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #64
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Just wondering if anyone else has failed to spot Star Driver on the list of series when submitting a costume or if it's actually not there?
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #65
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I don't think it's listed yet since I've seen Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto and just Star Driver that have been typed in for series on other cosplays.

1 more episode and it looks like that's it. >__<

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #66
justify
Devon

Yeah it's not there yet. I had to submit mine without the series name, originally.

I'm really gonna miss this show when it ends next week. ):
Yugioh Zexal - Nasch
Yugioh Zexal - Ryoga

tumblr + deviantart
justify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #67
jkred

Any suggestions on making Head's collar? Also should his pants just be spandex? http://static.zerochan.net/240/33/48/304933.jpg
jkred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #68
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

All the Glittering Crux seem to wear spandex ... if you don't feel comfortable with that you want wear tight fitted pants as well.

Look up collar tutorials but basically you need to wire into the edge of the collar and interface the fabric your using for the collar.

The last episode is out ... as an episode it was good but I feel like the ending needed more.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #69
treat

I'm planning to go as Manticore for Anime Expo/AM^2, and I've got a group with me...we're looking for an Ivrogne and the various underlines for each section if anybody is interested.

If I have a Mizuno for Fanime I might try for casual outfit Marino ^^

Any suggestions on Marino's wig? I saw some examples on CURE but the choppy bangs are not easy to pull off....
treat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #70
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #71
tsukeru

I'm going to be working on Mizuno for a summer con. Any suggestions on what I should do about her hair or where to find her hair clip? I already have a base wig, but I'm unsure how I should attempt to style it, especially with her "choppy" bangs.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #72
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii Arisugawa View Post
I finally got around to doing a make up and wig test for Benio, so please check it out on my livejournal if you're interested. <3 The wig is from FantasySheep, I also have pics of the wig before styling (and costume progress) if you check my journal tags. XD
Wig looks perfect in it's style i seems a bit pale on your skin tone but the colour is close to her's. I would also recommend neutral eye shadow with the eyeliner since I feel like she always polished in her makeup. Being so pale he lipstick shade tend to stand out more.

Mizuno the hair clip if you can find on that is the right style to paint over you can glue craft foam over a large hair clip in yellow.
http://ginnodangan.files.wordpress.c...river14-33.jpg

Her hair is forgiving-ly long so you just need to find a wig in a close enough shade at the right length. The hair is flips back up and clipped with a large hair clip or a few smaller ones to keep it in place due to weight.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 04-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Unread 05-20-2011, 02:30 AM   #73
mirasaki
Cryptic Badass

So, necrobumping this.

Cosplaying Ginga Bishounen Takuto (who isn't?)

Anyway, regarding the red parts of his legs. I saw the approach suggested was a legwarmer type approach but from all the screens I've seen, they look like a second pair of boots underneath although that doesn't seem feasible to wear. Although legwarmers would be a logical approach, they don't pull off the "angled upward flare" that the anime suggests.
mirasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #74
ArigatoTwilight

Hi, I really want to cosplay as Emperor Form Sugata
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/...769e40d708.jpg

But I've never made a costume before and I've never even cut a piece of cloth before. I've lived a sheltered life when it comes to clothing construction (>_<).

Is something like that outfit doable with some time, patience, effort and money? From what I can tell it'd be made up of something like:

1x - magicians blue robe/cape with gold lining on the inside and painted black extra tall peacock feathers attached
1x - shiny purple starscape tight full body outfit cut away in the center to reveal mid-section
2x - gold arm armors with glove ends
2x - gold knee armors
1x - gold mask
1x - blue wig

I don't even know what his feet look like because I can't see them in any picture from googling.

Does that seem about right? Knowing nothing about how costume design actually works that's just what I saw from eyeballing it. Would really like to make the costume in the next month before AX, but not sure if it's possible for a first timer like myself.

Any advice?

Thanks,
ArigatoTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #75
aubergine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirasaki View Post
Anyway, regarding the red parts of his legs. I saw the approach suggested was a legwarmer type approach but from all the screens I've seen, they look like a second pair of boots underneath although that doesn't seem feasible to wear. Although legwarmers would be a logical approach, they don't pull off the "angled upward flare" that the anime suggests.
I know this is a little late, but for anyone on here looking for help with their Takuto costume, I made mine just as pant legs separate from everything and sewed them to the bottom of my grey shorts. You can also glue them on or use velcro to make them detachable. Just make sure anything you sew is in the back so it's hidden by the jacket.

AN was loads of fun everyone! I'm glad I got to see so many people also cosplaying Takuto!

Cons:
Anime North (May 23-25)
ConBravo (July 18-20)
aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote