Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #76
tsukeru

I'm currently finally getting around to completing my Mizuno (school uniform) cosplay for Ikasucon! I can't wait to wear her.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #77
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArigatoTwilight View Post
Hi, I really want to cosplay as Emperor Form Sugata
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/...769e40d708.jpg

But I've never made a costume before and I've never even cut a piece of cloth before. I've lived a sheltered life when it comes to clothing construction (>_<).

Is something like that outfit doable with some time, patience, effort and money? From what I can tell it'd be made up of something like:

1x - magicians blue robe/cape with gold lining on the inside and painted black extra tall peacock feathers attached
1x - shiny purple starscape tight full body outfit cut away in the center to reveal mid-section
2x - gold arm armors with glove ends
2x - gold knee armors
1x - gold mask
1x - blue wig

I don't even know what his feet look like because I can't see them in any picture from googling.

Does that seem about right? Knowing nothing about how costume design actually works that's just what I saw from eyeballing it. Would really like to make the costume in the next month before AX, but not sure if it's possible for a first timer like myself.

Any advice?

Thanks,
I'm currently making this outift also.

What I've gotten from it is that his cape is lined with royal blue fur and has a border of the same fabric on the out facing side around darker blue which is probably velvet with the gold embroidery in the middle of the cape. There is definately something inside the hood to hold it stiff where the peacock feathers attach to it.
After a bit/a lot of playing around, you should be able to handle crafting the armor from something like craft/eva foam (have a look in the tutorials section for how to do this). This may be the most do-able part of the costume for you if you cannot sew (it's the hardest part for me, I can sew a unitard and cape no problem but working finger joints are giving me hell). The feet on the armor end in points.
The unitard/body suit looks to be made out of a blue or violet shattered glass hologram lycra (http://www.angelfabrics.co.nz/angel+...hp?prod_id=191 much like that). The red and white designs on the front and thighs appear to be made out of a matte fabric unlike the rest of it. Finding something pre-made that is useable will be very difficult even if you are modifying it to have the low cut neckline, I suggest looking at sites like http://www.allaboutdance.com for a dark blue dancers unitard.

If you look at anime blogs for screen cap downloads of the last few episodes there are a couple of shots of his feet and all angles of his outfit that should be in them (how I got my ref pics).

I wish you luck with the costume and please let me know when/if you've got any photos of it! =D
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #78
Versk

Hello fellow Star Driver enthusiasts/cosplayers!

First, I just want to thank this thread for helping me figure out some of the harder aspects of cosplaying from this series. They've come as a great help, especially for the daunting monster that is Takuto's Ginga outfit.

I'm currently making a Ginga Bishounen costume for a friend of mine, as well as building Adult Bank's outfit for myself, and was wondering if anyone on this thread could help with a couple problems I've run into. One of the major problems I'm having is figuring out how to do the front of Ginga's jacket. It looks like it opens up, but I'm not sure how to approach it. One problem is that the straps down his front would keep it from opening fully (unless they are buttons or snaps). To keep the front together, I thought of using hooks or a layer of fabric under the front to button the two sides together. However if the cosplayer took a deep breath, the front would open slightly and show whatever's underneath. Being somewhat of a perfectionist with this, I'm trying to conquer this problem so that the front closes fully and it looks fully sealed like in the anime. The only solution I see is using zippers, which I am fully opposed to.

Does anyone have any advice besides making the jacket one solid piece like a shirt? Because even then I see a problem with making the gold trim look nice.

The second problem is the straps down Ginga's front. I'm not quite sure how to tackle those. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Also any ideas for what a cosplayer should wear underneath the jacket is also welcome. A simple shirt or something more complex?

Thank you ahead of time for any and all advice!
Versk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #79
doragon
robots <3

While planning my own Ginga Bishounen outfit - which I'm still debating on, since I'm still finally watching the series and seeing if I want to make someone else instead - I was thinking about the front also. I considered using a zipper and a bunch of snaps. Have the jacket actually close with a invisible zipper so nothing comes open and then have one of the buttons with the attached strap cross over the front and snap closed - and maybe either use fashion tape or more snaps to keep the gold lacing from puffing up.
The only way you'd be able to do it in one piece is if you use stretch fabrics or if you're built like a stick or straight form and have no curves that will hinder you from pulling an unstretchable piece of clothing over your head and around your chest. His jacket is rather form fitting, so it might be hard. But his neck line is pretty deep. Or put an invisible zipper somewhere else, maybe the back and have the white fabric in the back cover it up?

Someone might have another idea, but that was at least mine ^__^

I'd also just suggest wearing a simple shirt underneath. Maybe white and probably tight so it doesn't upset the jacket at all. Also depends on what kind of weather you're wearing the costume in because you might not want to add another layer if its the summer - especially if you line the jacket and you use polyesters, in which the cloth just doesn't breathe at all.

[chirigamiNET]

stuff stuff stuff
doragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #80
EdwardElric963
Sexiest Afro down south

I'd love to cosplay some Star Driver, but there are no black characters lol

Metro-Con 2012: Shinning Armor- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Sean- Street Fighter Third Strike
EdwardElric963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #81
Naiiki

I'm hoping to cosplay Sakana-chan sooner or later. I haven't decided if I want to do her normal outfit, or the sundress from episode 8. Maybe both. Haha.

If lucky, I'll have a small group. Not sure which con either.
Naiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #82
Klaacky
crazed and loving it

I'm thinking of doing Fish Girl, or tatsuya via galactic pretty boy form. :-)
America - Hetalia
Chopper - One Piece

FB:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...060324&sk=info
Klaacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #83
FUYUMI
fudafuタイ&#1

It's currently holidays for me and I spent four days straight watching and finishing the series !!

I am absolutely in love with this series and is now one of my favourites :33

I've planned Sakana-chan for December and also Keito (in uniform) at a convention next year !

I've also decided to do Manticore and Mizuno in her uniform

Okay let's just say I'm planning to do a lot of characters in the series, taking advantage of the both the boy and girls uniform, yes, I am doing Sugata and Takuto in uniform as well ^^;;

Manticore is the only Kiraboshi outfit I'm doing because of it's modesty...if I had a better body I would have done President and/or Ivrogne :"P

Hope my cosplays work out and good luck to everyone else working on their cosplays
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #84
lessiehanamoray

I've just gotten it into my head to try the galactic pretty boy myself. Just skimming through this thread I'm looking forward to going through it when I start figuring out how to do everything. We should make a point of showing off our pictures when they finish and what we thought really worked and what didn't. Or what looked okay, but really wasn't worth the trouble.

Maybe if I may it to AX I'll try to have it done by then.
lessiehanamoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #85
Hitsutai
A Hoot!

I'd like to cosplay Otona Bank someday!

Friday: Hiroto Kiyama
Saturday: Yuki Judai, Hinata Shouyou/Hiroto Kiyama
Sunday: Hinata Shouyou
Hitsutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #86
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I've been working on a takuto(ginga bishounen) cosplay for animeNEXT and I'm almost done
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #87
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

I plan to do a Ginga bishounen cosplay. . .when I lose weight lol x3

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #88
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Finally just got the tassle stuff for the jacket, I'll probably finish it tomorrow morning minus the wig which I still gotta get.

Well, finally finished up that jacket. Now i just gotta get the wig. I might recycle my gloves from when I cosplayed Larsa but I don't know yet what I'll do about that since gloves are so easy

Got the wig, still need to get fabric for the glioves which I will do next week. Can't wait to debut this at animeNEXT

Last edited by fujyoshi : 05-13-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: updates 5/13/13
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #89
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

it came out epic !!