Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 11-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Crydda

Illnesses...

So, I've been sick for more than a week with coughing and sore throat...
It's started to get better, but I still get coughing...
I've also gained inches due to lack of exercise, but at least I didn't do much for Halloween =D

Anyways, are there any light exercise suggestions for those with allergies or are ill [something not extreme, like a cold]?

I mean, I understand it's best to take it easy and rest, but...
Just light exercises that don't include stretches, ya' know?
So we don't gain as much weight when we're under the weather.

Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated, so~

Btw, if you have something more than just a simple cough and sore throat, I wouldn't recommend exercises, just looking for some for the more minor symptoms is all =3
Crydda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
tehcate
I see what u did thar

Try taking a nice, long brisk walk (hopefully not somewhere where it's too windy or cold, don't want to make your cold worse) or get some dumbbells and lift a little. Do some pushups/situps and get your heart rate going.

And really, being sick for a week isn't going to make you gain a ton of weight (or much at all, really). If you need to rest, do it. Your body will thank you for it in the long run. Just make sure to get back on track when you're feeling better.

Upcoming Cons:
AOD 2014
Fanime 2014
tehcate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Loplod

If you are eating correctly you shouldn't be putting on weight while you aren't exercising (A very minimal amount anyway) its nice and healthy to give your body a rest once in a while also.

If I got a cold, I pretty much just tell myself "No excuses" and do my normal routine. Unless this illness is something that physically effects you, There is no real reason to stop exercising.
Loplod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 02:52 AM   #4
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Moderate exercise is actually helpful for a cold as it will get the blood flowing through your body more easily, thus carrying the things your body needs to the places they need to be. Just don't overdo it. Just enough to get your heart rate up should be sufficient.

As for exercising with coughing and such, tone it down a little from what cardio you might be used to. Basically what everybody above me has said. Try eating a little healthier than usual (if you can).
saiyamanmasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Crydda

I've been sick since the Friday before last week, and hard candies [no cough drops available] have been the ones to silence my coughing, along with late dinner which can't really be helped... Then the no exercises except the usual walking to classes in school... Which is why I gained an inch or two... o[>.<]o

The reason I wasn't exercising was my coughing; it was bad with the slightest movement, and then lack of sleep from the coughs, as well.
However, it's definitely gotten much better since Halloween weekend, so I'm getting back into my routine of dancing/para para, and leg exercises.
Crydda is offline   Reply With Quote