Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 11-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
duck-porridge
aka Haruki

Waloli?

Hi guys, I'm planning to start getting into the lolita style, and my friends and I are actually planning to have a photoshoot together as a group after coordinating some outfits.

Suggestions like Sweet Lolita and Guro-loli have both been suggested and considered, but my friends really like Walolita and want to start with that style for the shoot. Due to this, I've quite a lot of questions I'd like to ask members of the lolita community so I can avoid making any mistakes, especially when I'm just starting to get into the community >.<

Also, I've seen several sites where they look down upon Waloli (correct me if I'm wrong) but is it generally not seen as a style of lolita? Some also have mixed opinions on whether Walolita is suitable for newbies, so..

Lastly, would brown with pink highlights be a suitable hair colour for walolita? What other colours are acceptable for waloli?

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance! >A<
duck-porridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Meiki

There is kind of a mixed bag of opinions about wa-lolita in the community. Some people really like it, some people think it looks too much like a costume. I do think that wa-lolita is a bit harder for new people to understand, but as long as you do your research you should be fine.

Brown with pink highlights should be fine as long as it matches the oufit! There's a pretty big range of colors involved, I can't think of any particular colors to avoid.
Unread 11-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
duck-porridge
aka Haruki

Alright, thank you!
duck-porridge is offline   Reply With Quote