Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Lydialulu
lydialulu

Tips for exercise on the go?

Hi!

So I had always been a really fit sort of person, would go jogging, was active, ate healthy etc. But then college started and things have been so hectic that my lack of healthy goodness is really starting to show! I'm going to be cosplaying as Harley Quinn at the next comic con and I want to look really great (especially in that skin tight bodysuit!), but it becomes so hard to find time to exercise especially when I do get a break and all I want to do is relax. I wish I could do on campus activities or something but the thing is I go to a technical school (fashion school!) and so there really aren't any :/

So my question is, do you guys have any tips on keeping active while being busy (a lot of my busy time is sitting/sewing/getting materials etc.)?

Thanks!

Also any recommendations on some healthy snacks that will fill me up?

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Bovice

Sugar free jello (Warlmart's great value brand) Take a milk jug, picture it half full with jello. That's only 80 calories. (5 cals a serving and that's 16 servings)

I personally go with a 1 liter (or 32 oz gatorade if you know the size) equivalent for 40 cals/day. Tastes good to me (but I've always loved jello), and it's extremely high volume (so a lot people can't even eat that much, but for 40 cals, I can just hammer it down and not feel bad one bit)

I'll eat a tub of that a day for my snack immediately after my big meal. Volume wise it fills me up and doesn't leave room for anything else, so I don't even think about food; and by the time that settles down, I'm not hungry or thinking about food anymore.

As far as being active, every rep counts. I'm the type of person to drop down in the middle of a crowd and do push ups because I'm standing in line and have nothing better to do with the time. Get one of those door pull up bars. Every time you go to the bathroom, do 5 pull ups or chin ups on the way out of your room, and 5 back in.

Little things like that which take no time at all will add up.

Though I would recommend at least dedicating 40-60 mins at least twice a week, even with a busy schedule make room for it;
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
kalika0528

Drinking lots of water with a bit of lemon (or lime! or both) will help to boost your metabolism. And make sure you keep up with your meals. Busy schedule sometimes means skipping meals; which won't help. Making some granola helps too, and you can put them in small boxes so you'll have a snack to go all the time! Planning ahead helps heaps; so I usually write out my meals. If you don't have the time - cook over the weekend, and refrigerate/freeze the rest for the week.
kalika0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Lydialulu
lydialulu

@bovice:

I wouldn't have ever thought about sugar-free jello! That's a great idea, I can definitely imagine it filling me up. That's a pretty good idea, maybe ever 20 minutes ill take a break from sewing and pump some out!

kalika0528:
Yes! I love flavored water, I keep looking into those berry ones but lemon would probably be a lot quicker to do! Yeah I have to admit that I skip way too many meals, it would be a good idea to make in bulk so I don't have to worry about cooking it in that moment thanks!

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote