Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM²

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
slimchance
Monkey D. Luffy

Club2TheMAX July 2011 News

Club 2 the Max Announces More Fun for Attendees with the Pirate Rum Party at Matsuri Summer Fest 2011

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 4, 2010) –Club 2 the MAX (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), is where there is no general attendance purchase requirement and the public is encouraged to attend for FREE, invites you to “party” with good ol' Captain Jack and the pirates of the Pirate Rum Party at the Matsuri Summer Fest 2011. More info to come at www.Club2theMAX.com

With fun in mind for all! Attendees will be able to obtain amazing prizes such as DVD's, Manga, Pocky, Ramune, additional Japanese confections/snacks and more by winning any of the following games in the “Pirates' Cove” of the Matsuri Summer Festival including:

• Blackjack/21
• Spanish Monte
• Liars Dice
• Wench's Leg Ring Toss

There will also be a Matsuri Summer Fest stage where activities such as the Captain's Challenge-where scallywags test their skills at several games to determine who the most competent Captains are; Belly Dancing-this one be for the ladies, and the gents, too, if they be brave enough. Come and show yer flexibility 'n belly dancing skills, or lack thereof; and The Auction-a classic event at the Rum Party in which civilians (con-goers dressed in pirate or wench garb) will be kidnapped (pulled aside and asked to participate in the Auction) and be auctioned off to the crowd!

“We are so excited to have the Pirate Rum Party join us,” states Veronica Hernandez of Club 2 the MAX, “it will be so much fun for the attendees, so come and check it out!”

“Much fun to be had at the Matsuri Summer Festival year,” states Captain Jack, “Come to the party, matey, or else we shall make ye walk the plank! Yo ho!”

About MAX
Located in Anaheim, California – Club 2 the MAX, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation, and Comics. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. Club 2 the MAX 2011 will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.Club2theMAX.com
slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Apocali
Scrafty

Whoa. Today?
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

The Rum Party is going on at MAX?

My wife is going to be thrilled!
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Pirate Rum Party will be an awesome exclusive event to MAX, form what I here the whole Matsuri event will be free to enter but games will be cheap to play which will have prizes.
Gotta love Japanese festivals in a con XD

Arcade was announced earlier on Chase Wang facebook so we know some pretty good things have started at MAX starting to announce in Nov.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Simmaria

As co-creator and First Mate of Rum Party, I can tell you we are all very, very excited with MAX. For most of us this is a dream come true and then some. If anyone remembers the good ol days in Anaheim then you should know just how much fun we have and try to bring to every event. I honestly think MAX could be our biggest and best Rum Party yet.
Simmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
As co-creator and First Mate of Rum Party, I can tell you we are all very, very excited with MAX. For most of us this is a dream come true and then some. If anyone remembers the good ol days in Anaheim then you should know just how much fun we have and try to bring to every event. I honestly think MAX could be our biggest and best Rum Party yet.
Any chance that you'll play this song at the Rum party?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcv...C8D31DE8496206
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Simmaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post

Well we have a full time bard, and plenty of instruments. I'm sure we will attempt that song, though it really is kinda reliant on sound effects. We still love it dearly though.
Unread 11-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmaria View Post
Well we have a full time bard, and plenty of instruments. I'm sure we will attempt that song, though it really is kinda reliant on sound effects. We still love it dearly though.
Ah that will be a heck of a time, will win tons of gold and enjoy my night, I wanted to get a little more information on the Pirate Rum Party so I looked on around online and foudn this

http://www.piraterumparty.com/?page_id=9

ah getting to excited now XD

anyone else want to go around and singing pirate songs now?
Unread 11-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
Simmaria

ah yes, this is our official forum for Rum Party as well.

http://rumparty.hyperboards.com/index.php

Not a lot of action, but it does keep you up to date on where we are going.
Unread 11-09-2010, 04:14 AM   #10
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmaria View Post
ah yes, this is our official forum for Rum Party as well.

http://rumparty.hyperboards.com/index.php

Not a lot of action, but it does keep you up to date on where we are going.
you guys being at the MAX event will be awesome, plan on going all out during that and Summer Matsuri, man time to save up want to be playing all night
Unread 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post

I'm partial to this myself. DISCLAIMER: This song will totally get stuck in your head.

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AM² 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
RivetSPOOn
Der Überlöffel!

I say half through or near the end of the night, we do a Crew Sing-A-Long of "You are a pirate" >>
Unread 11-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetSPOOn View Post
I say half through or near the end of the night, we do a Crew Sing-A-Long of "You are a pirate" >>
how about we get the heads of MAX to go around singing "I'll make a man out of you"

lol but seriously we should have some fun and tons and tons of rum
Unread 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #14
MizuSenjutsu
Sleeping Bear

CLUB 2 THE MAX ANNOUNCES EVEN MORE FUN FOR ATTENDEES WITH THE OFFICIAL CONVENTION ARCADE

Arcade Game Enthusiasts Rejoice as Club 2 the MAX Brings Some of the Hottest Games to their Convention July 1-3, 2011 in Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 10, 2010) –Club 2 the MAX (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), the Summer of 2011’s hottest convention event where there is no general attendance purchase requirement and the public is encouraged to attend for FREE, proudly announces their Official 24 Hour Arcade for 2011. More info to come at www.Club2theMAX.com

The Club 2 the MAX Official 24 Hour Arcade will be open 24 HOURS and will be located at the Sheraton Hotel in Anaheim on the Anaheim Convention Center Campus. Attendees will be able to access the official arcade beginning the day prior to the official convention date, June 30, 2011.

Some of the arcade game titles appearing at Club 2 the MAX include, but not limited too (as newer titles that will be released up to the event date):

· Dance Dance Revolution

· Drum Mania

· Guitar Freaks

· Street Fighter 4

· Barber Cut

· Stacker

· Blaze Blue

· Marvel vs Capcom 2

· Capcom vs SNK 2

· Air Hockey

· Chocolate Factory

· Street Fighter 3rd Strike

· Time Crisis

· Maximum Tune

· Crane for Plush

· King of Fighters

· Guilty Gear

· Metal Slug

· Puzzle Fighter

There will also be additional crane games that players can win not only plushies, DVD’s, Pocky and Ramune but also brand new Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 or even X-Box 360 game systems.

“We at Club 2 the MAX”, states Chase Wang of Club 2 the MAX, “want all our attendees to enjoy themselves to the fullest during their time with us in July 2011 and we know that our attendees will have tons of fun at our 24 Hour Official Arcade which will have not just some all time favorite games but some of the newest titles that will be released earlier in the year as well. Come join the family and have one of the best times of your life!”

About MAX
Located in Anaheim, California – Club 2 the MAX, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation, and Comics. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. Club 2 the MAX 2011 will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.Club2theMAX.com
MizuSenjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
slimchance
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
how about we get the heads of MAX to go around singing "I'll make a man out of you"

lol but seriously we should have some fun and tons and tons of rum
@Lalouch: LOL - I like this idea.
slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote