LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

.......somehow those hearts in your eyes scare me
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

fresh off of Anime News Network:

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 10, 2010) –Club 2 the MAX (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), the Summer of 2011' s hottest convention event where there is no general attendance purchase requirement and the public is encouraged to attend for FREE, proudly announces their Official 24 Hour Arcade for 2011. More info to come at www.Club2theMAX.com

The Club 2 the MAX Official 24 Hour Arcade will be open 24 HOURS and will be located at the Sheraton Hotel in Anaheim on the Anaheim Convention Center Campus. Attendees will be able to access the official arcade beginning the day prior to the official convention date, June 30, 2011.

Some of the arcade game titles appearing at Club 2 the MAX include, but not limited too (as newer titles that will be released up to the event date):

Dance Dance Revolution

Drum Mania

Guitar Freaks

Street Fighter 4

Barber Cut

Stacker

Blaze Blue

Marvel vs CAPCOM 2

CAPCOM vs SNK 2

Air Hockey

Chocolate Factory

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

Time Crisis

Maximum Tune

Crane for Plush

King of Fighters

Guilty Gear

Metal Slug

Puzzle Fighter

There will also be additional crane games that players can win not only plushies, DVD' s, Pocky and Ramune but also brand new Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 or even X-Box 360 game systems.

“ We at Club 2 the MAX” , states Chase Wang of Club 2 the MAX, “ want all our attendees to enjoy themselves to the fullest during their time with us in July 2011 and we know that our attendees will have tons of fun at our 24 Hour Official Arcade which will have not just some all time favorite games but some of the newest titles that will be released earlier in the year as well. Come join the family and have one of the best times of your life!”
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #18
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

AIR HOCKEY!

My girlfriend is gonna love that.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
SecretSoliloquy
can'tfindlinktodeletepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
AIR HOCKEY!

My girlfriend is gonna love that.
yes I do =)
SecretSoliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
MizuSenjutsu
Sleeping Bear

CLUB 2 THE MAX CHANGES NAME TO AM2

Animation, Music and Manga to a Higher Power… All Happening Convention July 1-3, 2011 in Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 15, 2010) –AM2 (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), is the new name of the Summer of 2011’s hottest convention event where there is no general attendance purchase requirement and the public is encouraged to attend for FREE! More info to come at www.am2expo.org

AM2, formerly known as Club 2 the MAX, will be one of the must attended events for those who are aficionados of anime/animation, music (J-Pop, J-Rock, Visual Kei, and more) and manga/comics.

“Our initial event was held at the beautiful Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles so it made sense to call it a ‘Club’”, states Chase Wang of AM2, “but now we are a full fledged free convention with an exhibit hall, artist alley, programming, 24 hour arcade, summer festival, concerts, dances, cosplay events and more and so the volunteer staff and I wanted to change our name, as a collective, to a name that encompasses all that we stand for … hence AM2. Come join the family and have one of the best times of your life!”

About AM2
Located in Anaheim, California – AM2, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM2 will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2expo.org

I guess the forum name is going to have to change...
MizuSenjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Good. Very good.

But this sort of ruins my opening joke for the LCS competition at it.

Incidentally, it gives me another opening joke. "Higher Power"? Come ooooooooonnnnnn....

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

The name change is a good thing in my opinion originally when I heard MAX i thought an extension of AX which I learned was nothing like that just Eri Mano, Animaid cafe (where I met some cool people like Slimchance and Andrew) and X Japan which heck got me to go, but now with a name change it can stand on its own and look forward to what will come out of it.
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #23
Blue6
Photographer

In 2010, the MAX in club2theMAX stood for:

Eri Mano
Animain Café
X Japan

It wouldn't be appropriate to bring back the name since it's going to be on a much larger scale.

I'm wondering if I should type it "AM2" or "AM^2"?
Blue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
darkchappy
Chocolate Robots :3

hopefully they add DJ Max Technika 2, Gundam vs Gundam 3, and Pop'n Music Sengoku Retsuden in the arcades as well
darkchappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #25
dcpoor

erina not eri. :P

unless ur going by her manoeri nickname.
dcpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #26
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

either way broadening what MAX stood for and upgrading it to AM(squared)2 really does opening new doors and I do remember hearing about expanding outside of just the Japanese company in the AX thread which if it is true would be cool since I do like Korean and some Chinese music and animation as well, can anyone say DJ Max Technika!!

While the event is like 7-8 months away I still can't wait to see what else is announced as time comes, hope some awesome K bands come.
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:42 AM   #27
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

ANN did a podcast with Chase Wang on Dec.3rd talking about AM2 as it goes up against AX, I like how Chase Wang really didn't take it as a vs. con but instead is polite the whole time

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-12-03
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #28
Blue6
Photographer

The host kept insisting that it's like a battle between the two cons though.
Blue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #29
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

The Host wants it to turn into a BATTLE ( because then it will Stir up Media) thats how Media Keeps their Jobs (most of them anyways) Everyone always wants Controversy. but Mr Wang is a Cool guy and wants to do nothing more than Make people happy with a NEW Con and give people what they Love!

(just so happens it's on Same Weekend as AX)

but for me i dont see it as a Competition, its not like AX (RESERVED) 4th July Weekend for THEMSELVES so anyone ANYWHERE in the world can throw a CON on those days! (it will kinda be hard though for people to decide which to go to (AM2Con or AX)

I know alot of people that want to stay Loyal to AX but at same time want to try AM2Con.
like me (I love AX since 08 i have been attending) but i would like to try AM2con for at least 1 day. Depending on What GOH they have that day. (Though) i mostly go for (Concerts & AutoGraphs)

*LelouchYamazaki* - Thanks for that Video of Mr. Chase Wang. i did not even know he was going to do a PodCast,
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #30
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

If you saw some of the posted comments on that site's forum, you could see that some of the posters there had some very interesting comments to say about Chase.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=140891

Some of the excerpts from those posts:
Quote:
This interview was tough because he clearly was dodging questions and trying so hard to make us believe that they are different and of course he's sinking time and probably money into this venture.

I swear though I kept thinking of Clueless with all the valley girl talk "Like you know" and "I mean like" I was waiting for Zach to yell "No I don't know"

Overall I think the new con is interesting and its great someone is doing something in competition of AX but from what was said it seems like its your standard fair.
Quote:
I am with Zac in not believing Chase Wang when he claims that his not competing with Anime Expo, earlier in the podcast he used the word "fortunately" when discussing the timing, and he really doesn't seem to have a good relationship with AX. If Chase Wang wants me to support him he should be more truthful.
Quote:
What was described just seemed like the same old thing. The thing I (and others) avoid.
Quote:
I also agree with the assertion that the guest in this week's show is really not convincing anyone when he says this isn't a direct response to AX. The convention itself doesn't sound too appealing anyway. As it's implied, it's for those not willing to spend money, but buying goodies is one of the best parts of going to a con for me.
Quote:
So far, there's nothing in it to really convince me that AM2 is going to be worth a shot, even with all the e-mails and PR stuff that I've been getting from Chase since a lot of what I've gotten from perusing their site seems to be light on the details.

Besides, my main reason for AX attendance has been the high caliber of guests that they're able to pull in. Unless AM2 can deliver with some awesome concerts or whatnot, I'll probably pass.
Quote:
The whole AM2 thing sounds very fishy and the guy is trying too hard. I'll probably just go to AX again unless something huge happens that will change my mind.

Last edited by Hakaider : 12-16-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote