Hint #2: Hulk SMASH!!!

July 1-3, 2011l Anaheim Convention Center

any guesses, we got Lou Ferrigno, and Edward Norton so far XD

^ Stan Lee!!!!!

I hope

Unread 02-12-2011, 02:45 AM   #47
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

are you serious? Edward Norton is going to AM2? or is that just a Guess?
Edward Norton is Awesome!
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #48
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

all guesses.

all around people are thinking possibly the original hulk from the tv show, Edward norton from last hulk movie or even the person playing the hulk in the next movie Mark Ruffalo.

Stan Lee would be a good addition, but then we would probably get something like Excelsior!!

Either way we got something on Tranformers and Hulk now for AM2
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #49
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

I think Stan Lee WILL be at AM2 only because.

He is doing a Comic Book with (X Japan)
He is a Perfect Addition to ANY New Con Starting Up
He is an Icon

so i think he is will there. i have seen him many times, but never got his Autograph or met him. would be kinda cool to get his Autograph and meet him....
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #50
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

haha I've met that guy a few dozen times got him to sign a few things he's awesome.

He was also at last years Club2themax event, I talked to him in the Yoshiki's black carpet event but still I;s like to meet the guy as much as possible because he is the ultimate nerds must meet.

**he is also going to be in one of X japans music videos as a bad guy
Unread 02-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #51
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

well am2 has released 2 videos:

Guess who's coming to AM2: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=225228&page=4

and to promote the con: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_zJ6zVx0U

they also announced a pre registration contest.
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #52
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Any chance that AM2 can get Danny Choo aka the "Dancing Imperial Stormtrooper" as well? I know he's coming to AX, but there's no reason as to why he can't come to both cons. The new Star Tours ride may be opening up at Disneyland around that time so that could also give him a chance to check it out while he's at Anaheim.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
Any chance that AM2 can get Danny Choo aka the "Dancing Imperial Stormtrooper" as well? I know he's coming to AX, but there's no reason as to why he can't come to both cons. The new Star Tours ride may be opening up at Disneyland around that time so that could also give him a chance to check it out while he's at Anaheim.
It's standard practice for AX to include an exclusivity clause in the GOH contracts. Unless that's been changed, I'm afraid sharing isn't a possibility (which makes me sad, btw, I'd love to see Danny Choo at AM^2).

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AMē 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #54
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
It's standard practice for AX to include an exclusivity clause in the GOH contracts. Unless that's been changed, I'm afraid sharing isn't a possibility (which makes me sad, btw, I'd love to see Danny Choo at AM^2).
But didn't the guest of honor Nabeshin (Shinichi Watanabe) went to both Pacific Media Expo & AX? (A lot of people were asking about that last year, and AX never really answered about that part.) Plus Danny Choo isn't a GOH from any anime or manga company, so he's pretty much an independent fan and it's on his own time. Perhaps someone from AM2 could always ask him if he's willing to come, instead of naturally assuming that he's not allowed to go to both cons? (If he says "No", because he did sign a contract that barred him from going to another con, then it's a done deal. But perhaps someone from AM2 could actually asked him directly if he's allowed to go to both cons?)

Last edited by Hakaider : 02-24-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #55
ElCapitan
Dictator

Yes, Nabeshin went to PMX, but you also have to bear in mind that he went to PMX before AX. There's a few easily plausible scenarios that come to mind. First, I'd assume he was signed as a GOH after already appearing at PMX. If that was the case, it was simply too late to do anything about. Even if he hadn't physically appeared at PMX yet, he might have already signed with PMX before being approached by AX. If both cons use a comparable lead time in talking to GOHs, he might have unavoidably committed. Alternately, maybe they just wanted him badly enough to grant the exception. Shrug. We'll probably never know.

I don't honestly know all the contractual details for signing GOHs at AX, but like I said, it is (or at least was) standard procedure to include the clause mentioned. To the best of my knowledge, it was never dependent on what company you came from, it was just in by default. Assuming Danny Choo signed under typical terms, it'd probably be in there.

That said, I don't really see the harm in checking. I'll pass on word to our GR team that people are interested.

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AMē 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #56
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

2 more AM2 announcements:

Calling all animators, directors and creators! With the intention to encourage new talent and to provide more visibility for new animation properties and talent, this summer’s most anticipated FREE convention event, AM2 (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim Convention Center) proudly announces its call for entries for the 1st Annual AM2 Animation Festival and Competition. Winners will be selected by the public and will be announced at the end of this year’s event. Winners will also receive cash prizes as well as the pride of receiving the winning titles of Best U.S. Animated Short, Best International Animated Short, Best U.S. Animated Feature, Best International Animated Feature and Best of Show.

and

Attendees get ready as AMē (pronounced: “A”, “M” “Squared”; July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center) announces some of its interactive activities for 2011-including the AMē Dance, Cosplay Chess, Iron Cosplay, Twilight Teatime and more to come!

so looks like some new events are being brought in, I like the DJ set they listed on their site and the Animation Festival has some interesting possibilities depending who participates.
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #57
Thymidine

Looks like AM2 is getting Scandal. YAY!!! I just read their GOH thing on their website and Chase Wang's facebook.
Thymidine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #58
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

not 100% confirmed but was done with a hint:

"Hint: They rock so hard, it's ... Scandalous!!!"

While the girls rock and are awesome we take away the "ous" from the name to get Scandal so kind of obvious, but since Chase's last two hints are kind of still up in the air he might of be giving us an obvious one.

If so man I look forward to it since they are very popular in Japan and really cute too haha, don't tell my gf I said that thou
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #59
Perspective

Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote