Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #16
Fennius

As a Time Lord I had a Dalek come up to me and ask me about the weather on Gallifrey.

Rather hot lately

And apparently Skaro doesn't have any weather any more.
Fennius is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #17
Triguntri
Anna-Chaos Hunter

I was at Otakon 2009 and we had a full range of Doctors. I was dressed in my pink Romana 2 outfit from Destiny of the Daleks. We wanted was to reacted the regeneration scenes of all Doctors. Well, when it came to 6th Doctor dieing, we needed a Peri for the Doctor to choke. So, the 6th Doctor cosplayer saw that I was only one close to be Peri (i.e. pink and girly) and he choked me.

Doctor killed Romana!
Triguntri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguntri View Post
I was at Otakon 2009 and we had a full range of Doctors. I was dressed in my pink Romana 2 outfit from Destiny of the Daleks. We wanted was to reacted the regeneration scenes of all Doctors. Well, when it came to 6th Doctor dieing, we needed a Peri for the Doctor to choke. So, the 6th Doctor cosplayer saw that I was only one close to be Peri (i.e. pink and girly) and he choked me.

Doctor killed Romana!
Aw! I just went through my photos to see if I had a picture of that. Sadly, I do not.

...Speaking of those photos, I still need to upload them. <.<
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #19
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

went to free comic book day on may 1st local store had someone bring a Tradis to free comic book day and park it right outside the store. it brought in people who didn't know it was free comic book day. there were also ghost busters and some 501st members at the shop in costume.

ghost busters scaning tardis (what kills me is I deleted the next photo me coming out of the tardis as the 9th doctor as the ghost busters scan the tradis.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2924624/

tardis at the comic book shop ghost buster and imperial officer also in picture

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2926998/
article
http://www.maggiethompson.com/2011/0...-book-day.html
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #20
Ktar

I have an awesome Doctor Who cosplay story!

So last year at Dragon*Con 2010 a friend of mine and I were dressed as Weeping Angels. We had just met up with another Weeping angel who we had met online so we could have a photoshoot together. The shoot was awesome and everyone was so surprised and awed to see three weeping angels in one place, tons of Doctors, Amys and Riversongs just found us and started posing with us.. but that is not the point of this story.

Our angel costumes are hot.. the masks and wig-hats prevent a lot of air from getting to our heads and faces so we have to constantly take the masks off for a breather. The three of us decided to take a break from the photoshoot and go chill in a lobby. When you are wearing awesome weeping angel costumes.. this is VERY difficult. EVERYONE still wants to take pictures of you and we ended up telling people they could take pictures of us with our masks off if they wanted them so bad and they would take a picture anyway!

So we are sitting there.. refusing to put our masks on for anyone for a while, when a guy comes up to us with a request. His friend had fallen asleep in a chair nearby and he wanted us to gather around him so when he tapped his friend on the shoulder we would scare him. We all agreed that request was a good reason to end our break so we gathered around our sleeping victim and his friend tapped him on the shoulder. The sleeping man woke with a start and FLEW BACKWARDS OVER HIS CHAIR!!! It was the most hilarious moment I have ever had at a con and I am so mad at myself for not handing someone my camera so that we would have this on film. Totally worth it! I did not expect such a huge reaction from him!
Ktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #21
11thDrWho

Very Cool and I would have loved ot have seen that ^_^
Unread 06-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #22
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tereshkova2001 View Post
I have had three or four people come running up to my Tenth Doctor for hugs. Some of them asked first, some just ran straight at me with their arms out.
This happens to me all the time!
They just run up to you like they're Jack Harkness or something, arms all extended, shouting "DOCCCCCTOOOOOOORRRRR!"

Another funny story, at Ikkicon 2011, I was in a group with a Jack and Ianto, and my friend Robyn was dressed as Bill Nye the Science Guy.
People kept on assuming she was a Doctor Who character. She got asked if she was Eleven (bow tie I guess), if she was from the Classic Series...
We just sort of went with it. And then pictures like this were born:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2812218/

And as it got later, and we got derpier.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...353 480_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...276 847_n.jpg

Then Jack and Bill started trading bits of clothing:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...636 208_n.jpg

The final result? Many lolz.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/...c32fc282_b.jpg

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Can not sew
Is so very sleepy...

Hm... not specifically Doctor Who related, but the cosplay in question was Boom Town Rose, so...
As you may know, Rose wears two braids in Boom Town. I hadn't thought to get a decent wig, and was also wearing a winter costume in the middle of August. For this reason, I had taken the wig off, and was carrying it, swinging it by its braids. After a few minutes, the guy behind us in line says "Excuse me, but did you scalp a girl on the way here or something?" I guess because I was holding a ratty little wig that could be from somebody's head or something. So I turn around, plop the wig uncerimoniously on my head, and say "Billie had to die. She should never have come back from Doomsday." And then we all stood in silence.
Eventually everyone involved burst into laughter, though. It was pretty amazing.

Costume list:
Femme!Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who) - 85%
Monkey D. Luffy (for Kai) - 0%
Cubone (Pokemon) - 20%
Blackadder Group (Blackadder, Baldrick, George, Melchet, Darling, 'Bob') - 0%
Can not sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #24
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

a general thing I find funny is fans fo the new shows not knowing what the other doctors look like. as the second doctor I have had several encounter at cons with people dressed as 10 and 11 who have no idea what the 2nd or 3rd doctor look like
Unread 07-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #25
Captain_Rachel
Doctor Who Expert

My favorite moment came at Anime Expo in 2010. I was dressed as a femme!4 and my friend was dressed as femme!5. We were standing outside artist alley, trying to decide where we wanted to go and joking about how no one but Littlekuriboh knew who we were... and then this girl comes rushing over, skidds to a stop in front of us and asks me "ARE YOU THE DOCTOR? CAN I HUG YOU?" I flash my best "Tom Baker" smile and say "Well of course!" and she squeezes the life out of me, ranting about how awesome it is to see a Doctor Who cosplayer.

My second favorite moment is actually a series of moments at Anime Boston 2011. I was wandering around Artist Alley, dressed as the Fourth Doctor, trying to decide what I could afford to buy... and it seemed like every other artist would look at me, do a double take, as if I was the Doctor and squeal excitedly, before asking for my picture.

Cosplaying as the 4th Doctor at anime cons is fun, because you surprise people and everyone seems so excited to see you!
Captain_Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #26
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2981179/
doing a contact shot
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #27
DazzlexMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Another funny moment was at Dragon*con 2010, when all the Eleven's and Amy's took their fez and stacked them ALL ontop of one another...ontop of the First Doctor's head.

His expression was priceless.

I would have died to see that. I saw over 100 fez's this year.
AVPM Harry
Peter Parker
Katniss Everdeen
Rose Tyler
Demi Lovato
DazzlexMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #28
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

geekkon was great this year we had the winner of the where's the tardis contest. so we had a tardis. we allso had a full size dalek a large K-9 and a torrtis being chaced by daleks here is the torrtis
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/0...hase-tortoise/
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #29
NeikoRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper cosplay View Post
geekkon was great this year we had the winner of the where's the tardis contest. so we had a tardis. we allso had a full size dalek a large K-9 and a torrtis being chaced by daleks here is the torrtis
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/0...hase-tortoise/
I don't have anything to share but I have to say that video of the tortis being chased by the daleks made my day. ^_^
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #30
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

Actually, only one story comes to mind. In my made up, closet cosplay of the Doctor (26th, I believe, long story), I went to a small local sci-fi con. People were wanting me to be in the costume contest, but since I didn't actually make any of my costume, I couldn't. So, I sauntered into the contest room like I owned the place, put my elbows on the judges table, flashed my best charismatic smile, and tossed my psychic paper at them.
"Hello. I'm the guest judge."
They proceeded to pull up a chair and I help them judge the cosplay contest. Pretty cewl.
Purified Ace is offline   Reply With Quote