Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Germany

Unread 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
kusogaki
Za-BOOOOOOO-za

Smile Cos Photographer moving to Munich

Tag, zusammen~!

I am Anela. I am from America and I will be moving to Munich in January 2011. I would love to get acquainted with some cosplayers there, or any parts of Germany. I have been to Germany once but I havent seen what the cosplay scene is like yet.

I used to cosplay a lot, but these days I prefer to be behind the camera. I would like to have some photoshoots happen once I move in and settle down.

I am in a very big Hetalia kick right now, so if you have any Hetalia costumes that you would like shot, I'd be happy to do so. We can set up a date and time.

You can see my shoots here: http://cargocollective.com/anelapyon

*Note: I can only speak English. However, I plan on learning the language through a tutor. I would love to exercise and learn more German with everyone.

Last edited by kusogaki : 11-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.
kusogaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
The Boss
Mentor

Hallo!

It's great to hear from your movement! I hope everything goes well with that!
Anyways, i've been to one american convention before (Otakon) and all I can say is: germanys cons are MUCH smaller. Much much muuuch smaller.
We have conventions nearly in all parts of germany. There's one in or nerby munich if I remember right. But I never went there.
Cons which could be interesting for you are: Connichi which takes place in Kassel..so that would be just a few hours away from Munich
It's one of our biggest Cons and usually pretty nice. Connichi or short called "nichi" is my favourite con in germany
Animagic is nice too.. but I don't like it that much. Animagic takes place in Bonn, which is pretty much in the northwest of germany. It's one of the biggest cons, too. (But I don't like it that much because of many reasons)
The bookfair in leipzig is also a popular 'con' where many cosplayers met, even if it's not a 'con'...just a very big bookfair. But cosplayers go there every year.
I like the bookfair because it has a nice location for photo-shootings and I love reading books, not just Manga (well I nearly never read manga *cough*)
People are usually pretty friendly and fun. But of course there are douchebags, too. it's pretty similar to Otakon, for example. (If you ever went there)

it's great that you want to learn the language! it's pretty hard to learn.
I really hope you will feel welcome in germany and like it

If you have any questions, just ask
I'd love to answer and help wherever I can.

(bookfair takes usually place in march.. so this could be the first 'con' you could visit. but it's a long journey from Munich to Leipzig.
Ohh and there's a very small but absolutley lovely con in Ludwigshafen called 'Hanami'. It's really very small but it's great to just hang out with friends and get in contact with a few people. Hanami takes usually place in May.

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
miamiasma

Hello!

I'm also from America and speak little to no German. (took some classes, but really it didn't sink in at all) I'd love to meet and do a shoot some time. Without the photographers that I'm familiar with back in the states, I was feeling like I'd never get a proper shoot done here, because I don't speak German. But then, almost all of the young people speak wonderfully fluent English. (maybe that's why I lapsed in my classes?)
I'm in Stuttgart, which is about 2 and a half hours (driving) to Munich. I'm also going to Hanami next month, and would be perfectly fine meeting there. ^__^
miamiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Sley
Wanderer through Oblivion

Hey there!
I do live in Munich =)

Quite soon there is a small Convention near Munich - this might be a good start!

--My Facebook
-- My Twitter
-- My DeviantArt
Sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
kusogaki
Za-BOOOOOOO-za

Hello! Are you talking about Animuc? I will be attending!
Unread 04-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Sley
Wanderer through Oblivion

Yes I was talking about the Animuc =)

I will the there as well of course

--My Facebook
-- My Twitter
-- My DeviantArt
Sley is offline   Reply With Quote