Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Conji

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #181
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinchan View Post
1700 is way too big, if anything they count it like AX did. 4 day attendee = 4 people.
I didn't do any counting of any kind since I was too busy doing cosplay photography and just having fun. I believe that having a total attendance of 1700 could be reasonable because all the people were spread out quite a bit, there is not a large place of concentration like Anime LA's pool deck.

A total attendance of 1700 would also put it about 2000 under Anime Los Angeles. Of course my numbers about ALA are total speculation and a person like Chaz would give better concrete attendance numbers.

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: San Diego Comic Con, Anime California, Comikaze Expo, Pacific Media Expo
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #182
Access

I assume the 1700 was 'raw membership' numbers, basically the number of badges printed or handed out.

ALA if I remember was around 3500+ this year.

The staff I talked to were a bit concerned about space, that maybe it was too crowded (with so many people showing up -- far more than the roughly 1200 they had planned for). But space honestly didn't seem like a problem to me.

I recognized enough people from LA, I saw numerous people from Arizona and I'm told people were coming up from Tijuana and even a few from Texas. The staffer said it was important to bring in people from out of the local area because if you want more meeting space from the hotel, you have to agree to more 'room nights'.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #183
jambreaker
Narrator for Bad Mimes

I never did find out about the pre-reg for next year until two hours too late -- from the Con Chair himself -- other than that it was a fun Con, and plan on going again next year :-)
Unread 03-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #184
robinchan
Professional Videographer

Regardless of the numbers, I think they should move the con to somewhere with more central space. I liked the size they had but it was just a maze overall. Press suite was quite difficult to find. Took staffers around 15 minutes just to figure out where it was apparently.
robinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #185
atlantisan

Yeah I was kind of confused on the layout. The area was absolutely lovely with all the staircases and gardens and fountains, but I wish there was a larger central area for people to hang around and take photos in. I thought we were going to be at the actual convention center at first.

Here is my album of photos I took on Saturday: http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/...011/?start=all

Also, if anybody had pictures of my Elsie cosplay (I had a skull hairclip and wore a purple kimono), please send them to me! Thank you~

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo

Last edited by atlantisan : 03-27-2011 at 10:46 PM.
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #186
jambreaker
Narrator for Bad Mimes

Quote:
Regardless of the numbers, I think they should move the con to somewhere with more central space. I liked the size they had but it was just a maze overall. Press suite was quite difficult to find. Took staffers around 15 minutes just to figure out where it was apparently.
True, and there was a lot of being out in the rain sometimes, but also the only elevator in the main space was a retrofit lift that was very slow, and anyone who couldn't take the stairs (disabilities or a lot of gear to haul to the upstairs panels) had to depend on just that one lift.
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #187
Maguma
Blazing Through Tommorrow

Had a great time! There were a lot of ups. and definitely a few downs. Hopefully the bugs and kinks will get worked out for next year!
Maguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #188
k66

i was the hibari with a dino on friday and ciel with a sebastian on saturday. i uploaded my pictures from sunday on my DA here
k66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #189
iSaucyCosplay
Naega Please!

Heres the Anime Conji thread for "Did you take my picture?"

http://www.animeconji.org/forums/vie...5&p=2947#p2947
Comic Con
iSaucyCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #190
ChuPata
In Despair

Quote:
Regardless of the numbers, I think they should move the con to somewhere with more central space.
This.

Wasn't sure whether "the hangout" was supposed to be around the pool, in the courtyard between the Dealer Hall and the Panel/Reg rooms, in front of the restaurant where people were having cosplay gatherings ... I guess it was all those areas but you never quite knew where to see-and-be-seen.

On another note I just wanted to say the Maid Cafe was beyond excellent. Using the top floor ballroom was a stroke of genius -- gorgeous view of Mission Valley while dining and it felt like an oasis of kawaii away from the crowds. The decor of the room was cute and elegant without ever being tacky, the color-themed outfits were adorable, and OMG THE FOOD. THAT was worth waiting an hour in line for.

It's like they carefully studied all the other maid-themed events in the SoCal area, then equalled or surpassed them. Incredible job top to bottom. The Mochi Maids have won themselves a new fan
ChuPata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #191
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Loooooooved this con!! I had so much fun just hanging out with people :3333

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #192
DJ Matt
Look ma, I'm a DJ!

Just got back home from an AMAZING weekend at Conji. Can't wait for the next con to hang with everybody again. It was an amazing time DJing for such an amazing crowd as well!

Cons I shall be attending - ALA 2012 (DJ)

Cosplays -
Judai Yuki (100% Done)
Deadmau5 (100% Done)

Planned -
Luke (Prof. Layton)
Link (Twilight Princess ver.)
The Stig (Top Gear)
Kneesocks (Rule 63 ver. P&S w/G)
Amaterasu (Rule 63 Ver. Okami)
Yusei Fudo (YGO 5D's)
DJ Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #193
darklynx
Drunken scottish cyclops

I like to hear that all of you guys had fun and it makes me happy that I staffed for the con. There were problems, but in the end for me, I had more fun than last year and got to see a lot of old friends, make some new ones, and get new connections. I'm kind of sad I didn't ask for the number of the woman I carried during the feedback panel.... But that's life.

But if anything I want to thank all of you attendees for making this all worthwhile for me. When I felt bad, helping people and being told folks were having fun made things a lot happier for me.

I should probably sleep, but I have a mid term to study for in bio, so if anyone has any questions or concerns I might be able to help with, I'll do my best to get you answers, just might be a bit slow...

I said never again, but I'm still around....
darklynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #194
pkthecat

Fist time going to this con and it was great. Here is my album if anyone wants to see. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...&aid=211 5419

Will most likely go next year.
pkthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #195
kthardin

Well, spent two days at Anime Conji and acquired some great pics and some good video, which I'll get that up as soon as I can. Fun convention, and I wish I could have stayed for the full three days, but just coming off a really large evolution at work, there were things that needed to be done in the old personal life, up to and including real sleep, heh. So without further ado, go ahead and just click here to go directly there.

As always if you're one of the cosplayers and want a full size and/or raw version, email me, and I'll make them available.
kthardin is offline   Reply With Quote