Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-10-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
Gryphonic_Angel
Fighting with fate.

Facial hair

I know this may seem like a "duh" question but what's the best way to get rid of facial hair? When I shave, even with the best razor, there's always enough stubble to give me away. I was wondering if anyones tried waxing or hair removal lotions.

I want to find out which one works best cuz well if i'm gonna be in costume as a girl, I'm damn well gonna look like one.

Unread 10-10-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Alielle

From what I've heard....if you are a male, do NOT wax your beard. Whiskers are way denser and deeper than what ladies have as facial hair. You'd be taking a chance on scarring. I just use a Mach 3 and shave as close as I can, then apply a coat of foundation and maybe a touch of powder.
Alielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2003, 12:38 AM   #3
engrish

crossplaying involves 2 things
1)skill
2)making do with what you have

Sometimes there are certain things that are impossible to do. As for me, no matter how close the shave, you can always see the black hair. That's because my hair is so thick even though I shave it at or below skin surface you can still see it.

waxing?
he he, I tried that once and i only got halfway thru before giving up. For one it hurts like $#!@. I kid you not it hurts more then getting punched in the face, yes I'm serious it actually hurts that bad. It also wasn't very reliable because my hair had such deep roots the wax had trouble getting a firm grip on the hair. And lastly the most important reason why I gave up on it was because I broke out with very very nasty skin rash - red bumps and zits popping up later on. It wasn't pretty. I'm not touching wax with a 10 foot pole ever again.
Unread 10-11-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
RHIshida
lol internet

you could try a hair removal gel. it worked well for me, but my facial hair isn't that deep nor thick.